PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to edit boquets for sky and cable?

joysleep1
19-04-15, 23:07
Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to create your own boquets where you can use the 28.2 astra channel list but replace the HD channels for satellite with the HD channels from cable.
So is it possible to delete the sky sports 1HD from satellite for example and replace is with the cable Sky sports 1 within the 28.2 boquets list?
Would be kool if you can do that.

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 23:33
You can put any chanenl into any bouquet. The plugins cannot do that for you.

joysleep1
20-04-15, 07:52
You can put any chanenl into any bouquet. The plugins cannot do that for you.

Oh so you can mix and match the channels However you want using the auto bouquets editor?

judge
20-04-15, 08:20
Yes, you can mix and match using any bouquets editor including WebIF or even your remote.
Unless you use your mix & match bouquet as a non ABM bouquet, it will be overwritten on the next ABM run that includes that bouquet though.
Maybe better off creating a favourites type bouquet, you can place up to 100 channels in here if using as your first bouquet while still keeping SKY numbering.

joysleep1
20-04-15, 10:26
Yes, you can mix and match using any bouquets editor including WebIF or even your remote.
Unless you use your mix & match bouquet as a non ABM bouquet, it will be overwritten on the next ABM run that includes that bouquet though.
Maybe better off creating a favourites type bouquet, you can place up to 100 channels in here if using as your first bouquet while still keeping SKY numbering.

Oh ok thanks judge
I will probably go through all my channels and replace the ones i need however can i back this up and if i ever change image or factory reset, i can restore the custom boquets exactly how it was?

judge
20-04-15, 10:34
Oh ok thanks judge
I will probably go through all my channels and replace the ones i need however can i back this up and if i ever change image or factory reset, i can restore the custom boquets exactly how it was?

Yes, a settings back-up will restore your bouquets or you could use an app like DreamBox Edit to save them to your PC & restore from there anytime.

joysleep1
20-04-15, 20:05
Ok i have finally set up my custom boquets and now i want to save it.
The only thing is, i want to do a settings back up so i can save the boqeuts but i thinking about changing my hardrive in my receiver.
So if i insert a new hardrive, how can i restore my settings that were saved on the old hardrive?
There is a section on the openwebif where i can export or import my channel list. I am scared of doing this before i know what it does. Can i save the boqeuts on my laptop and paste it in whenever i want.
I tried download the dreambox edit but cant find a way to save them
Thanks

joysleep1
20-04-15, 20:30
oh i think i have figured it out. I exported it and saved it on my laptop. You can then restore it and reload it.
Very nice
Thanks for the help guys

abu baniaz
20-04-15, 20:30
Q. The only thing is, i want to do a settings back up so i can save the boqeuts but i thinking about changing my hardrive in my receiver.
So if i insert a new hardrive, how can i restore my settings that were saved on the old hardrive?
A. Save setting to USB flash drive, any other storage device. Transfer back to new HDD or if USb, set that device as your backup loaction for restore.

Q. There is a section on the openwebif where i can export or import my channel list. I am scared of doing this before i know what it does. Can i save the boqeuts on my laptop and paste it in whenever i want.
A. Yes you can. Very easy, shame not used by many.

Q. I tried download the dreambox edit but cant find a way to save them
A. Receive from receiver, than save. You pick a folder and they will be saved in there.

joysleep1
20-04-15, 20:49
Q. The only thing is, i want to do a settings back up so i can save the boqeuts but i thinking about changing my hardrive in my receiver.
A. Save setting to USB flash drive, any other storage device. Transfer back to new HDD or if USb, set that device as your backup loaction for restore.

Q. There is a section on the openwebif where i can export or import my channel list. I am scared of doing this before i know what it does. Can i save the boqeuts on my laptop and paste it in whenever i want.
A. Yes you can. Very easy, shame not used by many.

Q. I tried download the dreambox edit but cant find a way to save them
A. Receive from receiver, than save. You pick a folder and they will be saved in there.

Thanks abu, it was so easy to save the the boquets as a rar file and use it for later. I am so impressed.
One other thing, not sure if there was point making a new thread.
I am using the remotestreamconverter plug in to watch my channels in my room from the main box upstairs.
The upstairs box has the full epg for virgin cable but my box which i am using is always blank

Very few random channels have an epg showing what is being broadcasted but most of them are blank
But every few minutes while flicking through them they are slowly showing. Is it downloading them somehow. Is there a way i can just tell the box do download them
I currently do not have a hardrive in my solo2 from which i am using it to stream but i have inserted a usb flash drive and have saved to refresh every 2 hours and have enabled virgin EPG.

Thanks

abu baniaz
20-04-15, 20:58
You can share the HDD and location for EPG. There are a few guides floating around.

Never tried epg refresh with RCSC.