PDA

View Full Version : USB wiping after every reboot

bazzar1206
19-04-15, 18:37
I have updated to the latest version - 166, however, i've had the problem for a few versions.

After every full reboot, the contents of the USB are wiped. If i set t up as the HDD, it does the same thing. I have tried a few different sticks.

I started using a USB as my actual HDD in it got wiped and it thought it was a faulty drive, however, now i think there's something wrong with the actual box.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Trial
19-04-15, 18:52
Hi,
how is it initialized? In the box? I use Solo2/Duo2 with USB drive and it simply works as expect, not wiped, but I also have a hdd in all boxes.

ciao

bazzar1206
19-04-15, 18:54
Each drive has been initialised via the VIX options. It shows up fine and you can copy media to it, timeshift and record programs on to them. In standby, its fine. Restart the box and its game over....

Trial
20-04-15, 08:18
Hi,
how do you restart? Are you sure it is wiped or is it simply only not mounted? Make sure it is mounted and that you do at least one clean reboot from the menu.

ciao

judge
20-04-15, 08:26
There is no way the image would wipe any drive unless you manually do it.
As Trial says above, check your mount points.
Blue button - ViX - Mount manager.
Unmount any drives, mount again as needed, save & restart E2 to make sure all are still mounting as expected.

bazzar1206
20-04-15, 19:13
Right a new hard drive came in the post today so i installed it.

I initialised it and rebooted.

After boot, I created some folders on it via FTP and copied over some content. i can access the files from the media player in VIX as well as my PC.

When i restart the box via the shutdown menu and it boots, the HDD is no longer mounted.

However....

When i access the box via FTP on the PC, the folders are still there along with the content.

When i initialise the HDD again, i can access the HDD on the VIX but the files are no longer there, despite pointing to the same directory (/media/hdd)

kev1372003
20-04-15, 19:31
I've had a very similar problem, take a look at this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38323-Duo2-Forgetting-HDD

ronand
20-04-15, 22:52
When i initialise the HDD again, i can access the HDD on the VIX but the files are no longer there, despite pointing to the same directory (/media/hdd)

That is what happens when you initialise the drive - it gets wiped. So at least we know its you thats wiping it and its not doing it itself.

You obviously have mount issues though

abu baniaz
20-04-15, 22:58
Initialise = Format

bazzar1206
21-04-15, 05:38
Initialise = Format

If it means format, how comes I can still access the files on my PC but not the Solo?

bazzar1206
21-04-15, 05:43
I've had a very similar problem, take a look at this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38323-Duo2-Forgetting-HDD

I have checked the network settings and there was a NAS drive that I had connected ages ago. It had somehow changed to media/hdd. I have now removed it from the settings. Because I hardly ever turn the box off, I guess I had made the change so long ago, it didn't even cross my mind to check it.

It seems to have done the trick as the hdd is staying mounted after a shutdown.

abu baniaz
21-04-15, 14:46
If it means format, how comes I can still access the files on my PC but not the Solo?
Possibly looking at the mountpoint called USB instead of USB device or even looking at a cached view.