PDA

View Full Version : ABM not working having selected Freesat

snagsboson
19-04-15, 15:30
I have just flashing the latest vix image to my vu duo and after running abm and cross dog the channel genres are not grouped. I just have a random mix of channels. I have downloaded Magic HD night skin from the plugin list but this does not show as an option in skin setup.

Vix image on my vu solo automatically grouped my genres after setting up abm and cross epg.

What am I doing wrong?

john doe
19-04-15, 15:54
can you upload a picture showing the genres not grouped. also did you do a fresh clean scan with no back up. basically starting from new? i suppose, have you tried to using the two keys under 7 &9 <> to change to different bouquet?

snagsboson
19-04-15, 16:13

This is how the bouquets come up when I press tv on my solo2. None of this shows up on the duo. It's a blank screen and when I press red (all) there is an alphabetical list of all channels. So you have to scroll through every single channel to find the one you want.

I did not know about the arrows under 7&9. I will try that when I can.

john doe
19-04-15, 16:22
although upside down, it looks fine. what you can do to moves these around is the following, press the up arrow or button, press blue button favorites , the bouquet will pop up, press menu button, and you will be presented with a list, go to enable move mode and press this, and then press which genre you want to move, it should turn red and you can move up or down, depending where you want it to go.

john doe
19-04-15, 16:34
sorry never read the bit under the pic. i would try to flash again.

snagsboson
19-04-15, 17:00
Flash with the exact same file or re download from wos? I'm kind of hopeful that the arrow button may solve it as when I tried those on my solo the bouquets disappeared. Fingers crossed anyway!

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 17:08
Have you pressed the TV button?

snagsboson
19-04-15, 17:14
Yeah. The tv button brings up the screen where the listings should be. All that is there is favourites. Going to have another play with it after the kids have gone to bed.

snagsboson
19-04-15, 21:34
This is what I'm getting when trying to scan on abm maker.

My solo2 does a full scan no problem.

The bouquets genre listing shows as this

No idea what's going on here. Any help is appriciated.

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 22:18
Have a look at the guides on how to take screen shots. There is a link in my signature.

What providers have you got enabled? If you have Freesat, disable it for now.

snagsboson
19-04-15, 22:36
I'll have a look at those. I'm going away ftom home for work from tomorrow, but will keep looking into it whilst I'm away and will get back to it later in the week when I'm back.

The exact connections are fine on my solo2 but when I plug the duo in it won't have it.

snagsboson
24-04-15, 13:05
Since disabling freesat as suggested ABM has successfully done a full scan and the bouquet listings are as expected eith all channel -entertainment etc. however when I enable freesat I get the timeout for tuner lock message part of the way through the scan.

How do I cure this?

abu baniaz
24-04-15, 13:11
What image are you on?

Please also note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespectve of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

snagsboson
24-04-15, 13:37
I'm on the latest vix image. Only downloaded from openvix downloads and flashed the image last weekend. It is working fine with freesat disabled. If I enable it and scan everything disappears.

I have openvix appollo 166 (same image) on my solo2, using the same cable connections and that one is fine. I'm getting confused!

Also, thanks for the note and tip about moving my thread. Note taken.

abu baniaz
24-04-15, 14:20
See this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45092-Unable-to-tune-channels-and-Freesat-is-one-of-your-ABM-providers&p=350938&viewfull=1#post350938

PS.
I have edited the thread title

snagsboson
24-04-15, 14:43
Thanks for the edit. Do I ftp that file over?

abu baniaz
24-04-15, 14:46
Do I ftp that file over?
Yes

snagsboson
24-04-15, 18:48
The file has solved my problem! Massive thanks gor the link!

imgold
29-04-15, 20:23
I have set FreeSat as provider but ABM is still listing sky ports channels etc after scanning (have ftp's the suggested xml file)

Can i auto disable all scrambled channels from bouquets

Andy_Hazza
29-04-15, 20:34
I have set FreeSat as provider but ABM is still listing sky ports channels etc after scanning (have ftp's the suggested xml file)

Can i auto disable all scrambled channels from bouquets

You must have a sky uk channel list setup for it to be included. Check your providers again. You can delete unwanted sections by highlighting and a press of the menu button and selecting remove entry will remove it, but you must have sky uk setup within ABM for it to populate those channels!

abu baniaz
29-04-15, 20:45
In the expert menu of ABM, you can opt not to keep other pre-existing bouquets. Ensure you have only freesat selected.

imgold
29-04-15, 21:15
Thanks have deleted old bouquet and also that xml file i uploaded earlier and back to freesat bouquet...

But channel list is all over the place and if i try to move a channel (i.e. ITV HD) to 103 it keeps bouncing back to channel 998

All was fine until I did a rescan earlier to add the new channel "Spike" :(