PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Alot of channels missing after update.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 12:08
Hi guys i recently updated to build 166 and had alot of channels missing so i reflashed and same thing. Its not always the same channels iv tried the freesat fix but hasnt worked either.
1, scanned with freesat fix channels missing.
2, scanned without freesat different channels missing.
3, reflashed to older build no difference.41895

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 12:55
Can you please enable debug logs, restart receiver, repeat the ABM process than upload the logs. This will help identify the issue and help you. See this thread. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

Can you also confirm you are located in the British Isles?

Hannaman
19-04-15, 13:00
Yes I'm in Northern Ireland. Il go through that process now and get back to you.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 13:19
Hi mate where do i find the debug log file i can only find the crash log files?

Hannaman
19-04-15, 13:25
think this is it i hope so anyway

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 13:32
I dont see ABM running in that log. Please repeat. Pm being sent as to why I removed attachment.

The logs are in /home/root/logs/

Hannaman
19-04-15, 13:57
thanks mate i used that path and there was no logs there and thats why i sent it in wrong format.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 14:05
think i found it not totally sure though,41897

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 14:20
There are no tune failed errors in the log. It shows that it completed. (As far as I can see). If you look at line 4681, it goes on to renumber.

Can you post screenshots of the provider section please. Guide in signature.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 15:01
here you go.41898

Hannaman
19-04-15, 15:05
thats the only sport channel thats working too.

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 15:08
Not too sure what is going on. Are you OK with removing all channel data and running ABM again?

If so, telnet the following command, it will stop receiver, remove all chanenl data and then restart receiver. Youc n then run ABM again. Hopefully you will be sorted. Link to guide to using Putty for telnet commands in signature.

init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

Hannaman
19-04-15, 15:10
yes no problem il try that.

bbbuk
19-04-15, 15:24
I came across this on another website:

"In the last few days some of the frequencies used by Sky TV have changed their frequency settings.

They have changed their FEC from 2/3 to 5/6.

Channel affected include the following :

Sky News, Pick TV, Sky Sports 5, Sky Atlantic HD +1, Sky Sports 3 Ireland, Pick Ireland, Sky Sports 4 Ireland, Disney XD UK, Disney Channel UK, Disney Junior UK, Disney XD UK +1, Disney Channel UK +1, Disney Junior UK +1, Sky Sports 1 in Pubs, Sky Sports 2 in Pubs, Sky Sports 3 in Pubs, Sky Sports 4 in Pubs, Sky Arts 2 HD, Sky Atlantic HD Ireland, Sky Sports News HQ, Sky Sports 1 Ireland, British Eurosport 2, Sky Sports 4, Fox UK +1, Comedy Central Extra UK .

The frequencies affected include;
12207/V/27500 5/6, 11914/H/27500 5/6 and 12148/H/27500 5/6

The FEC is the Forwards Error Correction, and tries to eliminate errors and missed data during transmission, which results in picture breakup. By increasing the FEC (say from 2/3 to 5/6) then there is less allowance for errors, freeing up bandwidth on the frequency. With more bandwidth on the frequencies, this can allow more channels on that frequency.

BY doing this however, there is a reduction is signal level, and so some areas may see a loss of these Sky pay channels."

Hannaman
19-04-15, 15:30
No joy buddy starting to think its a hardware problem but not sure very strange never had this before.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 15:31
Ok i see is there nothing i can do?

Huevos
19-04-15, 15:45
@bbbuk

if you use the xml file linked to by Abu these changes don't matter. That is the whole point of ABM. Channel and transponder data updates automatically.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 15:49
I transferred that file this morning it didn't make any difference unless I did something wrong but I just overwrite the file that was in there with that file.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 16:11
Just transferred that file again all channels are there but a lot are still blank baffled :confused:

Hannaman
19-04-15, 16:23
Just done another rescan and its a completely new set of channels that are blank lol nictoons is now gone that's me in big trouble my we lad will kill me lol Sorry I just have to laugh it must be my box.

Andy_Hazza
19-04-15, 17:37
Delete your bouquets by menu n delete entries on all sections, then rescan ABM n see what the produces?

bbbuk
19-04-15, 17:48
I don't have this issue using RoI and NI settings as showing in my attached screenshot.

Sky sports all work as does nicktoons.

This is on my Solo2 fresh usb flashed to 166 without restore of settings (not an online update from previous versions!).

Did you online update to 166 or did you do a clean fresh usb flash (with no restore of settings)
You haven't got "Rescan everytime" set to 'No' have you?

Can you remove your ABM settings again as mentioned by Abu and have your settings match mine.

I've got NickToons on 12265/H/27500 5/6

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 18:01
It has to be an alignment or other hardware issue such as LNB.

fintannl
19-04-15, 18:14
I came across this on another website:

"In the last few days some of the frequencies used by Sky TV have changed their frequency settings.

They have changed their FEC from 2/3 to 5/6.

Channel affected include the following :

Sky News, Pick TV, Sky Sports 5, Sky Atlantic HD +1, Sky Sports 3 Ireland, Pick Ireland, Sky Sports 4 Ireland, Disney XD UK, Disney Channel UK, Disney Junior UK, Disney XD UK +1, Disney Channel UK +1, Disney Junior UK +1, Sky Sports 1 in Pubs, Sky Sports 2 in Pubs, Sky Sports 3 in Pubs, Sky Sports 4 in Pubs, Sky Arts 2 HD, Sky Atlantic HD Ireland, Sky Sports News HQ, Sky Sports 1 Ireland, British Eurosport 2, Sky Sports 4, Fox UK +1, Comedy Central Extra UK .

The frequencies affected include;
12207/V/27500 5/6, 11914/H/27500 5/6 and 12148/H/27500 5/6

The FEC is the Forwards Error Correction, and tries to eliminate errors and missed data during transmission, which results in picture breakup. By increasing the FEC (say from 2/3 to 5/6) then there is less allowance for errors, freeing up bandwidth on the frequency. With more bandwidth on the frequencies, this can allow more channels on that frequency.

BY doing this however, there is a reduction is signal level, and so some areas may see a loss of these Sky pay channels."
Have noticed all these channels missing. A simple automatic rescan gets the channels back. Strangely this was an issue with my vu duo but I didn't have any such issue with my dm800 whatsoever. Have no idea why?

bbbuk
19-04-15, 18:17
It has to be an alignment or other hardware issue such as LNB.Barring it being a settings issue (eg rescan set to 'no') then i would guess signal drop due slight mis-alignment because another website I was looking at mentioned about what changes had been done by sky said this could result in lower signal quality due to increase in FEC to save bandwidth (probably to fit more channels on).

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 18:41
Just done another rescan and its a completely new set of channels that are blank lol nictoons is now gone that's me in big trouble my we lad will kill me lol Sorry I just have to laugh it must be my box.
We can't have the little fella upset.

I have just used ABM using NI region and Freesat and tested the kids chanenls, they work.

Put enigma to sleep with telnet command "init 4"
Extract then transfer all the files to /etc/enigma2/

Hannaman
19-04-15, 19:38
Thanks abu thats got me kids n sports channels back movies are gone now but im happy enough im gonna try my mates box and see if its the box or dish. Really appreciate all youre help.

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 19:48
Do not perform any more scans on your receiver for time being. Can you list a few channels which are not working?

Hannaman
19-04-15, 19:50
Just tried a single tuner box both lines in and not a problem it's defo the box or a setting somewhere that's been changed by mistake.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 19:51
Is there any sort of way to test the box?

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 20:00
Different tuners have different sensitivities.
List the channels that are not working. Obtain transponder details. In satfinder check you have reception on those transponders.

Satfinder finder normally opens up with the last chanenl details. So you can zap to not working and then go to satfinder to save you manualkly entering details.

Would be an idea to use the working receiver and check signal levels on the troublesome chanenls and tweak alignment if required.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 20:04
Reconnected my duo mate now kids channels are gone again all movie channels are gone except sky premier sky Disney, ID animal planet ss4 ss5 F1 both bt sports Disney jr has sound no pic that's just a few but there is quite a lot more.

Hannaman
19-04-15, 20:09
Signal on both tuners are really good on the duo

bbbuk
19-04-15, 20:13
If it's your movies then I suspect the transponder is 11836/H/27500 2/3. The channels listed on this transponder are:

Sky Action, Sky Comedy, Sky SciFi / Horror, Sky Select UK, H2, Sky Disney, Sky Family, Sky Movies Premier, Sky Movies Premier +1, Sky Thriller, Sky Drama, Sky Superhero

I'm guessing you can't access any of these SD channels?

Have you had bad weather like really strong winds recently around time you started losing channels?

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 20:13
Do you get a lock on following transponder?

Horizontal
5/6

bbbuk
19-04-15, 20:15
Reconnected my duo mate now kids channels are gone again all movie channels are gone except sky premier sky Disney, ID animal planet ss4 ss5 F1 both bt sports Disney jr has sound no pic that's just a few but there is quite a lot more.That's weird. I'm thinking it could be your box/tuner.

Have you another box that you know works that you can try on your sat setup and vice-versa?

Hannaman
19-04-15, 20:27
signal from a channel thats blank sky disney4191241913

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 20:32
What happens if you press Ok to scan?

bbbuk
19-04-15, 20:37
signal from a channel thats blank sky disney4191241913You have a lock and you have a pretty good signal (it doesn't drop down then increase significantly and constantly does it?).

Hannaman
19-04-15, 20:38
well i restarted and now that channel is working but this is ss1 which is not working now its very strange41914

Hannaman
19-04-15, 20:39
no its steady like that constantly

Hannaman
19-04-15, 20:41
just scanned that and got these channels41915

bbbuk
19-04-15, 20:41
Did you do an online update from older versions or was it clean/fresh usb flash (with no restore of settings)?

Hannaman
19-04-15, 20:44
fresh flash mate with usb im getting grief here shes going nuts im gonna sleep on it an try again tomorrow when kids are at school also get my mates duo an try that cheers guys.

cwebb66
19-04-15, 23:51
you should change the tune to single satellite instead of predefine that should scan them all in then

Hannaman
20-04-15, 09:33
Ok just scanned a single tuner at a time tuner A had alot of channels blank and tuner B had nothing it was all blank. So i tried my mates duo and it was perfect not a single blank channel.

judge
20-04-15, 09:37
Ok just scanned a single tuner at a time tuner A had alot of channels blank and tuner B had nothing it was all blank. So i tried my mates duo and it was perfect not a single blank channel.
Tried your mates DUO on the same feeds?
Both using the same tuner setups?
Both using the same image & build number?
Both not using any restores or a restore from the same build number?

Hannaman
20-04-15, 09:55
mates duo with same feeds, i flashed back to 152 as that's what build hes on with no restore and still the same only iv got most kids channels back only 1 movie channel and 1 sports channel. then i restarted my duo and its a whole different set of blank channels. Must be the box?

judge
20-04-15, 10:15
Are you sure it's not your method of decrtpting the channels?

Hannaman
20-04-15, 10:18
no iv tried quite a few different ways thats what i first thought it was but its defo not that.

Hannaman
20-04-15, 10:48
I found the problem I don't know how or why it was changed or why it made a difference.

bbbuk
20-04-15, 10:50
I found the problem I don't know how or why it was changed or why it made a difference.Glad you found it.

What was problem as it may help others in your circumstances?

Hannaman
20-04-15, 10:59
Box type number in a certain file.

ROCONNE1982
23-04-15, 03:49
Guys it seems there are some very clever ppl on this thread and haven't had much response to my own so can I just hijack this briefly pls?

Just flashed my solo 2 with vix 166.. last one I was using was 90.. i seem to have gone back in time to an older looking image, there used to be more info when on the bouquets ie it listed more detail on the current and next 2 programmes.. and watching the timers has reverted back to the old style ( round yellow / green markers as apposed to bars).. i hope I'm making some sort of sense here...

Basically I'm worried that I have messed up the flash (im pretty poor at this to be honest) and somehow re loaded an old version despite when I click on information it shows apollo build 166

Any help / advice would be awesome thanks [emoji16]

Tkr001
23-04-15, 05:24
Sounds like you were using a different skin. You can download them from the plugins. Also the "markers" are settings dependent. Go to your movielist press menu, select settings and alter "showstatusicons in movielist" to progress

ROCONNE1982
23-04-15, 05:56
Ok thanks for that.. interesting. I didn't realise that skins were an option. I guess I assumed the name 'image' meant the way it looked. Goes to show how naive I am haha.. is there a recommendation for skin option or a case of trial and error...? Should I download the skin plug in and then back it up ? Thanks again

Tkr001
23-04-15, 06:16
there are plenty of skins. I prefer openvix-youvix-blue but download and try a few and see what you like.

Also there are settings for lots of things. eg press the up or down arrow to bring up channel list, then press menu and select settings. Another is the graphical epg. Again bring it up and menu, settings.

If you do an image backup before playing you can always reflash back to where you started. Also when you have it set up how you like do a settings backup. Also write down what you did in case you have to reflash without a settings restore (as you will have to do to go past 166)

ps to change skins menu, setup, system, user interface. There are also settings that can be changed there :D

ROCONNE1982
23-04-15, 06:20
Wow thanks so much that's great.. One thing I do struggle with is backing it up. . I believe I have done it before but was more by luck than judgement!

I do write things as I go (when I remember haha)... very good advice that [emoji106] [emoji108]

Tkr001
23-04-15, 07:50
blue button, vix. Backup manager to backup/restore settings or image manager to backup/restore images. Image manager can also be used to download and flash an image, commonly referred to as 'couch flashing".

ROCONNE1982
23-04-15, 16:37
Sweet thanks again! ! [emoji122]