PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] USB cable tuners issues

uscool
17-04-15, 21:19
Hi i have a Vu Duo 2 , had it for over a year, it has twin sat and Dvb c internal tuners installed, and i use usb dvb c tuner dvb sky model , so makes it a dual tuner cable , never had issues, i had the older 155 build installed so couldn't update without needing a clean flash so not did a update for a while

so today decided i will do a clean flash of build 166, set everything up, i find when selecting some cable channels using usb cable tuner gets tuner failed and some work, and i know its not a signal issue , i also tried a friends sundtek usb dvb c tuner and its the same, i didnt make a backup of previous image, so i flashed older openvix-Apollo.153-vuduo2_usb.zip clean flash, and set up everything same as before and now the usb cable tuner works fine,

so its something in the newer build which doesnt like the usb cable tuners, so im stuck on build 153 now, i also notice with new build the led light on the dvb sky usb tuner doesnt light up when on a channel, with older build it lights up

Thanks

DaMacFunkin
18-04-15, 06:18
How do you know it isn't a signal issue?
Most problems with dual cable tuner set ups usually are.

pembo
18-04-15, 06:38
have you installed the drivers for the usb tuner?

uscool
18-04-15, 10:22
How do you know it isn't a signal issue?
Most problems with dual cable tuner set ups usually are.

hi, because before i decided i will try build 166, i didnt have any issues, as soon i installed and setup 166 build i started getting this problem, thats what i thought first its signal issue, so i even connected to usb tuner directly same,

so i went back and flashed build 153, and that works fine, so i know its not signal issue, im setting it up right as its really same setting up doesnt matter what build image it is process of setting up is exact same

uscool
18-04-15, 10:25
have you installed the drivers for the usb tuner?

yes from plugins - drivers for dvb sky

i even borrowed my friends sundtek, getting sundtek plugin from extensions and its program getting the drivers, i have set these up before without issues and is straight forward actually done it many times, i just thought id try build 166, as i was stuck on build 155 for a while and it needed a clean install

cactikid
19-05-15, 22:37
i have the same usb and same issues some work some dont,plus when scanning i get 247 channels and told 292 or so:eek:i do believe it could be the frequency of those channels that might be on a .5 or so as i can only say add 400 when the channel operates on 400.5 and comes up blank:rolleyes:using it on a vu solo for testing.

uscool
21-05-15, 11:30
its for sure a image issue, as doing the exact same on older build it works fine , will try latest Hades image and see if still gets same issue

DaMacFunkin
21-05-15, 12:53
I have a Sundtek usb cable tuner on a solo2 and a sundtek usb cable tuner on a duo2 on hades with no problems, also on the duo2 I have a VU+ plug in cable tuner, both tuners in duo2 pull in exactly the same amount of channels via a manual scan ... Now if I take my powered splitter out of the equation for a non powered splitter I get a lot less channels on both, if I then wire straight from wall point into internal tuner and then loop through from internal tuner to sundtek I get more channels on internal than external, I have done all the testing - the image is fine.