PDA

View Full Version : Trying to flash new image

snagsboson
17-04-15, 18:13
Just bought a used vu duo with black hole image which I want to change to vix, due to not being able to suss out how to group the autobouquets. I have followed the instructions found on here but it hasn't worked. This is the first time I have attempted to flash a reciever.

I powered down the box on the rocker switch on the back, inserted the use stick and powered it back up. All I got was a red light on the top left of the display.

I powered it down and tried the stick in a diffent port and got the same result.

Anyone got any advice?

abu baniaz
17-04-15, 18:14
Are you sure it is not a clone?

Was it exhibiting problems starting up before?

snagsboson
17-04-15, 18:21
I have the original receipt from wos and the packaging all looks original. It wasn't showing problems before apart from the bouquets were not grouped and there was no epg. Just wanted vix on like on solo 2 as it seems much easier to use.

abu baniaz
17-04-15, 20:20
Definiteley sounds like the capacitor issue then.

snagsboson
17-04-15, 20:22
I thought it might be. Probably why it was for sale.

snagsboson
17-04-15, 20:23
Might be a stupid question but it isn't possibly down to attempting to flash an updated bootloader?

abu baniaz
17-04-15, 23:32
Powering it off while flashing is in progress could result in this. If you did not do this, I'm pretty sure that it is the capacitor issue.

snagsboson
18-04-15, 07:52
I only powered down when nothing appeared on the screen, I left it for a few minutes hoping it would boot but nothing. I just don't get why the problem hadn't shown itself before attempting to flash.

snagsboson
19-04-15, 15:31
Capacitor changed, up and running. Thanks guys!