PDA

View Full Version : Service not found (SID not found in PAT)

joysleep1
15-04-15, 21:40
OK so i replaced my DVB-C tuner with a DVB-C/t2 tuner and tan auto boquets.
That worked well i think. I managed to pull in around 362 cable channels
No when i go to the channel list all the channels keep saying this error
"Service not found (SID not found in PAT)"

I can not seem to get any picture
I do not know why it is doing that?
I am sure my Net ID is correct

any suggestions?

abu baniaz
15-04-15, 21:44
That is normally what happens when you use wrong net ID.

Scan like this

joysleep1
15-04-15, 21:47
That is normally what happens when you use wrong net ID.

But i picked up the channels using auto boquets. So i do not understand. My net ID has to be correct

abu baniaz
15-04-15, 21:48
Are you using AutoBouquets or AutoBouquetsMaker?

joysleep1
15-04-15, 21:52
Are you using AutoBouquets or AutoBouquetsManager?

I am using the openvix autoboquetsmaker

joysleep1
15-04-15, 21:55
i keep getting the SID error message anytime i go to a channel. I do not get any picture.

abu baniaz
15-04-15, 21:58
Then please stop confusing things by saying AutoBouquets when you mean AutoBouquetsMaker.

1. Perform a scan as pictured above. Ensure you have viewable chanenls.
2. Get logs in the thread you posted.

joysleep1
15-04-15, 21:58
Then please stop confusing things by saying AutoBouquets when you mean AutoBouquetsMaker.

1. Perform a scan as pictured above. Ensure you have viewable chanenls.
2. Get logs in the thread you posted.

sorry
Ok i will do what has been suggested in the picture

joysleep1
15-04-15, 22:02
Ok it is currently saying
"try to find transponders in cable network.. please wait..

Then it is counting up in MHz Failed

Is that normal?

abu baniaz
15-04-15, 22:03
It is sytematically stepping up the frequencies. Go make yourself a cup of tea.

joysleep1
15-04-15, 22:04
It is sytematically stepping up the frequencies. Go make yourself a cup of tea.

Alright...any idea how long this will take and what should happen by the end of it?

abu baniaz
15-04-15, 22:08
It depends on your tuner. You will have lots of chanenls, some you can view some you cannot. Acces them by the satellites menu instead of the bouquets ABM made.

Make that a cup of tea, some scones and a bagel.

joysleep1
15-04-15, 22:13
It depends on your tuner. You will have lots of chanenls, some you can view some you cannot. Acces them by the satellites menu instead of the bouquets ABM made.

Make that a cup of tea, some scones and a bagel.

Well i currently have only the cable feed into tuner D. Satellite tuners are empty right now.

joysleep1
15-04-15, 22:16
Well it has just finished and has said
Nothing to scan!
Please setup your tuner settings before you start a service scan

Does not make sense, an hour ago the only channel i managed to get with my cable is BBC scotland.
So why can i not access anything else?
So confusing

abu baniaz
15-04-15, 22:20
What are the signal levels for BBC scotland. They will be shown if you press OK twice and activate the the Second Info Bar

joysleep1
15-04-15, 22:22
What are the signal levels for BBC scotland. They will be shown if you press OK twice and activate the the Second Info Bar

well i seem to have lost the exact BBC scotland which i found before. They were like three BBC scotland channels and one worked. Let me see if i can find it again.

joysleep1
15-04-15, 22:48
sorry abu
I got kicked out of my brothers room. He has the feed there. But i did an automatic scan and picked up around 500 channels
They seemed to be working. I could not however get BBC and ITV hd channels to work. The sd ones worked but the HD ones didnt.
I need to do some further testing tomorrow
Thanks for the help tho

joysleep1
18-04-15, 16:33
So when i do a complete scan. I can access pretty much the FTA channels apart from the HD FTA ones. I do not know why because it picks them up in the scan.
But every time i do use auto boquets maker to organise the channel list. it always says Service not found (SID not found in PAT)

abu baniaz
18-04-15, 16:45
There are no HD FTA channels on UK cable.

List of FTA chanenls you could get

BBC Alba
BBC Four
BBC News
BBC One
BBC One AD
BBC One NI
BBC One Scotland
BBC One Wales
BBC Parliament
BBC Three
BBC Two
BBC Two
BBC Two AD
BBC one london
CBBC Channel
CBeebies
Challenge
Channel 4
Channel 4 Audio Desc
Channel 4+1
Channel 5
ITV
ITV Audio Desc
Pick
S4C
S4C Adio Desc
Sky News

You still have not got the logs referred to in post 7.

joysleep1
18-04-15, 17:00
I do not understand what you mean by logs
Do you mean the autoboquetsmaker logs?

joysleep1
18-04-15, 17:01
There are no HD FTA channels on UK cable.

List of FTA chanenls you could get

BBC Alba
BBC Four
BBC News
BBC One
BBC One AD
BBC One NI
BBC One Scotland
BBC One Wales
BBC Parliament
BBC Three
BBC Two
BBC Two
BBC Two AD
BBC one london
CBBC Channel
CBeebies
Challenge
Channel 4
Channel 4 Audio Desc
Channel 4+1
Channel 5
ITV
ITV Audio Desc
Pick
S4C
S4C Adio Desc
Sky News

You still have not got the logs referred to in post 7.

Ok yes i have those channels which you have posted.,
Why do they not work when i download the autoboquetsmaker?

abu baniaz
18-04-15, 17:53
1. You posted in this thread. Get the logs in that thread. This could help identify your netID.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38120-Logs-for-Pure-area-required&p=350541&viewfull=1#post350541

2. Debug logs are now required for ABM. You can upload those too.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

3. You were also asked what signal level you get for the chanenls you can view. You have not answered yet. Press OK twice.

joysleep1
18-04-15, 18:09
1. You posted in this thread. Get the logs in that thread. This could help identify your netID.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38120-Logs-for-Pure-area-required&p=350541&viewfull=1#post350541

2. Debug logs are now required for ABM. You can upload those too.

3. You were also asked what signal level you get for the chanenls you can view. You have not answered yet. Press OK twice.

oh sorry ok i will look into the logs.
well I now have access to the channels that i want but they are numbered all over the place 5 bbc1 channels and like 6 channel 4 channels. So it definitely works.
My SNR level is around 40% average.

joysleep1
18-04-15, 18:19
Sorry abu..
I find the telnet thing too complicated. I have no idea how to do that.

abu baniaz
18-04-15, 18:28
Have you checked the guides? Some links inmy signature.

joysleep1
18-04-15, 18:29
The thing is i know that the area code is 40979 corydon because that is the only one that picks up the channels.
But i keep getting this (SID not found in PAT) error when i try to select anything.
I have set logs to active, but i do not have any when i check my logs so i can not post anything.

joysleep1
18-04-15, 18:32
Have you checked the guides? Some links inmy signature.

yh i have had a look at the guides. I am sure that i know the Net id. It just does not work from there. The only way i can watch is if i just do an automatic scan and have the numbers all over the place.
It does not make sense.

joysleep1
19-04-15, 12:29
So i have done an automatic scan and they heading is Umknown TV. All then channels work fine from here. It is when i use auto-boquets maker it stops working.
Is there another plugin which can sort out the channel list for you?

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 12:52
I am of the opinion you are using the wrong NetID.

Lraizer's plugin has "any pure area/first found" net ID option. If you are in a pure area, this will work for you. If you are not, then it won't.

joysleep1
19-04-15, 13:16
I have never been so close to getting my cable working. I have set my tuner configuration to cable 6952. I then do an automatic scan and pick up around 560 channels. I can view them all fine when they are like this but they are all over the place. I then try to download the channel list from autoboquetsmaker and select my NET ID as 40979 Croydon.
This retrieves around 360 channels but then i get the same error every time i try watch a channel. ((SID not found in PAT))
I am so close to getting this to work.

joysleep1
19-04-15, 13:17
I am of the opinion you are using the wrong NetID.

Lraizer's plugin has "any pure area/first found" net ID option. If you are in a pure area, this will work for you. If you are not, then it won't.

But abu. I have to be using the correct net id because it downloads all the channels when i select 40979. Any other one does not work.
It has to be corrent

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 13:27
In which case, I am mistaken, you are correct. My apologies.

Best to upload the debug logs when you use ABM as per thread in link below. Someone may be able to spot what is going on. Might be an idea to start with no chanenl data on the receiver.

joysleep1
19-04-15, 13:30

Best to upload the debug logs when you use ABM as per thread in link below. Someone may be able to spot what is going on. Might be an idea to start with no chanenl data on the receiver.

ok i think i have one log in there somewhere. I will try upload i. But i do now know if that is relevant to my problem.

joysleep1
19-04-15, 13:31

Sorry i am on filezilla. I cant remember where the logs are stored.

joysleep1
19-04-15, 13:36

actually abu. Not sure if this is relevent
When i had my previous tuner and i was not picking up anything. I downloaded some xml file and i replaced it with the one in my tukbox or something like that. After i did that when i go to tuner configuration it shows cable 6952 and cable 68 something something.
Before i replaced this it said Virgin Media. I tried to restore it to factory settings but it still shows this. Not sure if my problem has anything to do with that.
How do i get the default xml file back?

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 14:06
A conventional scan (where you choose region/provider) uses the cables.xml file located in /etc/tuxbox/
When using a conventional scan, the NETID does not really do anything. Try it using 00000.

However, that file has not been updated for a long time so I always use the step scan method that Lraizer mentioned. This has alraedy been posted.

A conventional scan and ABM scan are two different things. I hope you are not mixing up the two.

Can't really assist further without the logs.

joysleep1
19-04-15, 14:33
A conventional scan (where you choose region/provider) uses the cables.xml file located in /etc/tuxbox/
When using a conventional scan, the NETID does not really do anything. Try it using 00000.

However, that file has not been updated for a long time so I always use the step scan method that Lraizer mentioned. This has alraedy been posted.

A conventional scan and ABM scan are two different things. I hope you are not mixing up the two.

Can't really assist further without the logs.

hmm
Well a conventional scan works fine and i can view channels from it like that. It is organising the channels which i have a problem with. Erm how do i upload a log again. I use filezilla to access my box.?

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 14:37
Erm how do i upload a log again. I use filezilla to access my box.?
Link in signature

joysleep1
19-04-15, 16:04
Link in signature

Ok i will need to wait until i can go back in the room. I will try upload the log as soon as i can.
But how do i use the autoboquets cable plug in. I can not find it?

joysleep1
19-04-15, 16:21

really assist further without the logs.

I really want to get it work with the ABM because it sorts the channel list exactly how i like it. I am so confused why i keep getting that error.
Could you explain the step scan method. I will try that next.
This is how my channel list looks when i have it all as unknown.

khan888
19-04-15, 16:26
I really want to get it work with the ABM because it sorts the channel list exactly how i like it. I am so confused why i keep getting that error.
Could you explain the step scan method. I will try that next.
This is how my channel list looks when i have it all as unknown.

Looks to me like your in the wrong section, press blue button whilst on the attached screen and press blue button again should bring up your bouquets sections then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joysleep1
19-04-15, 16:35
I have tried that khan. I go to favourties and click on all channels. Right now it is working fine but it is now showing the HD channels.
have a look.

abu baniaz
19-04-15, 16:40
You dont need to do a manual scan using step scan. You have already scanned the channels.

ABM scans and creates bouquets. During the process, it will re-obtain and replace the existing channels. That is of no use to you.

Lraizer's plugin is here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?35089-Lraizer-Autobouquets-E2-UK-Cable&p=326831&viewfull=1#post326831

I should upload his latest script tonight.

Good luck, cant help further without logs.

joysleep1
19-04-15, 17:05
Ok abu i will give that plug in a try and install it.
What i have figured out is that if I use the openwebif i can manually create my on buquets where i move the channel from the unknown section into the all channels section. So it might take me a while but i think i can create my own boquete to work.
I will definitely upload the logs when i get back in the room. I have activated the logs but then i can not find it on filezilla. Need to do some more looking.

Thanks abu
Legend.

I will keep you posted when i get back to do some further testing.

joysleep1
19-04-15, 17:27
If i create my own boquets where i choose only to insert the HD channels, can i back up my image and settings and so if i ever factory rest or upgrade my software, my channel list will remain how i set it up?