PDA

View Full Version : Amazon fire. Which is best, the fire tv stick or fire tv box

john doe
15-04-15, 17:51
am looking to purchase one of these, but want to know peoples thoughts. one is priced at £35 (which is cheap) & box at £79.

cheers

Larry-G
15-04-15, 18:10
The box is the better of the two options in my opinion. I have two of them. I posted a deal about a fortnight ago where Argos were selling the AFTV box for £64 quid with a fiver voucher on a fifty quid spend.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

john doe
15-04-15, 18:18
The box is the better of the two options in my opinion. I have two of them. I posted a deal about a fortnight ago where Argos were selling the AFTV box for £64 quid with a fiver voucher on a fifty quid spend.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

will check argos out. cheer

Larry-G
15-04-15, 18:41
I have just checked the Link I posted a fortnight ago and unfortunately argos have put the price of the AFTV back up to £79.99.

The main benefit for me over the stick is that the box can use external USB drives with the latest round of firmware updates, so you can store your media on a HDD and play it back through KODI or use the HDD for storing downloaded content from KODI etc but thats a area we wont get into here for legal reasons.

john doe
16-04-15, 08:34
yep, i saw looked last night. not in rush to get one, so may keeps looking to see if price drops slightly. PC world have them for £69 only 2gb

Andy_Hazza
18-04-15, 07:58
I bought an Amazon Fire TV when Pheonix mentioned the Argos offer and have to say a great piece of kit. [emoji106]🏼

Trial
18-04-15, 09:17
Hi,
I got a Fire TV for €49 and a stick for €19 which is really cheap (jealous?:-)). If you want to do more with this toy the Fire TV is the far better option. Faster (I notice the difference), I think more memory, USB and LAN connector. Just for streaming if you have WiFi it is a very good piece of hardware.

ciao

Larry-G
18-04-15, 11:18
yep, i saw looked last night. not in rush to get one, so may keeps looking to see if price drops slightly. PC world have them for £69 only 2gb

Yes but with the newest firmware upgrades you can use a external HDD or USB stick if you need more storage.

john doe
18-04-15, 13:41
Yes but with the newest firmware upgrades you can use a external HDD or USB stick if you need more storage.

even better!!!

huey45
10-12-16, 01:37
Can a Amazon Fire Stick run Kodi, I want it for my Caravan to use in a Wifi Enabled Area ??

DaMacFunkin
10-12-16, 07:21
Yes it can, but be aware that Kodi is a sum of it's own devices, the more you ram into it the slower it goes.

Andy_Hazza
10-12-16, 08:30
IMHO the Amazon fireTV (box) is better than the fireTV stick, but both run Kodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
10-12-16, 09:07
These are higher spec http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/world-of-satellite-christmas-sale/venz-tech-v10-pro-android-6-kodi-media-player-streamer-4k-uhd-hdr-vp9

Larry-G
10-12-16, 09:13
Can a Amazon Fire Stick run Kodi, I want it for my Caravan to use in a Wifi Enabled Area ??

Yes the fire tv stick can and does run kodi brilliantly. It is well established and proven hardware not one of these fly by night Chinese garbage outfits that's almost obsolete as soon as you plug it in. You can't go wrong with either the stick or the box (I have both). Just don't make the mistake of cramming it full of crap, keep the install simple and it will work perfectly for what you want.

Trial
10-12-16, 09:52
Hi,
if you want to manage a big music collection you must use the Box and expand the memory because the data base will eat up the flash quite fast.

ciao

john doe
10-12-16, 10:26
i have both and I find the box much quicker and better. but the stick is no slouch either

Stanman
10-12-16, 14:02
I have both the box and stick, obviously the stick is slower but does everything I want and can live with the couple of sec slower and the fact it's half the price of the box.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

herberttaylor941
28-02-19, 02:39
I’ve always wanted a fire stick even a jailbroken one. But my main concern is getting live NFL games and I got a tip from Tech Brighter (https://techbrighter.com/). That’s the only reason I have DTV. I’ve tried some devices but pic quality sucks and then sometimes it buffers that’s what holds me back.