PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] What new features will the next image series have?

Piranha
15-04-15, 10:59
We all know that the next image series, the successor to Apollo, is due very soon!

Is the increment to the new OE-A core merely that i.e. a change, even a quantum leap in the core Linux coding, but not in itself providing further whistles and bells?

The current image has fantastic functionality IMO, so what on Earth can the really clever boys add to that?

Apart from the fact that Apollo support will eventually go into demise, what are the benefits of moving on to the new image series?

I do not expect a detailed answer to any of the above, but I am certain that there are many who would like to know a little bit more about the forthcoming changes.

Many thanks to the ViX team for everything you do and have done to get to where you are now!

Larry-G
15-04-15, 16:44
You won't really notice a major difference with the new image over Apollo as like previous times we have updated the core the changes are all pretty much behind the scenes, security updates and Linux libraries etc. That does not mean we have stopped developing new features and improvements to others but for the time being from the outside there should not be any major differences.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk