PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Ultimo indicates feed unstable,download page indicates stable?

rte
15-04-15, 09:49
My Vu+Ultimo ViX Apollo 165 shows feeds unstable for many days. Still build 166 seems to be in the library and status stable.
My Vu+Duo showed stable and suggested new version 166. I had an old build and I reflashed it with 166 using no restoring. It works fine.
I don't want to reflash my Ultimo now beacuse restoring would obviously not install plugins when feeds are unstable. I don't want to switch to unstable feeds.
Is this something particular to Ultimo now?

Tkr001
15-04-15, 10:03
You can install plugins when the feeds are set to unstable. Just allow unstable updates. Its when they are unavailable you can't install plugins.

BTW I just checked the downloads and the feeds show as stable for the Ultimo.

rte
15-04-15, 10:21
I noticed that the plugin - download shows that my Vu+Ultimo is not connected to Internet. But the network test shows it is and it works. That's odd. What could this be?

rte
15-04-15, 11:24
Now I changed my wlan-connection to fixed lan-connection, same router, and that works. I'm more confused. How does my wlan-connection work alright but gives no access to ViX-server?

Larry-G
15-04-15, 16:00
I don't want to switch to unstable feeds.

Selecting the yes option to allow unstable updates simply allows your receiver to use the plugin feeds while the image status is set to unstable. It does not affect the plugins on the feeds in any way at all nor will it cause your receiver to spontaneously combust or report your nefarious Internet viewing practices to the N.S.A.

If you want to use the plugin feeds during the times the feeds are set to unstable you have to select the allow unstable updates option, this can then be turned back off once the feeds are again set to stable. Or just keep a backup of your commonly used plugins on a USB stick so you don't have to worry about the feeds status when setting up a image.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

rte
15-04-15, 19:07
The problem is my Vu+USB-wifi dongle (delivered in my Vu+Ultimo delivery with Vu? label on it) and wireless connection with it or my receiver. It passes all the internet tests, it gives the message in software update: feeds unstable and in plugin-download: no internet connection. Using fixed lan-connection, everything works as it should. Both connections come from the same router. DCHP just gives different IP-addresses. This is a very peculiar problem. The messages are missleading. Why doesn't the wireless connect my receiver to internet? It has done it before.

mann
15-04-15, 21:17
There has been a few users now complaining of the same issue regarding the wifi with VU+ boxes i had the same problem no plugins or update kept saying no internet connection even though i was connected and had access to image downloads and i could ftp,I swapped out the wifi adapter and all went back to normal..do you think there is a dodgy wifi driver causing this problem? 163 was fine then using 164-165-166 this problem appeared.VU+solose- solo2

rte
16-04-15, 06:33
Glad to know that I'm not alone with this problem. I began to suspect the wifi driver issue as well. The build 166 seems to be the last Apollo. Living in hope that the driver issue is solved in the coming new image.

rte
16-04-15, 08:01
I notice now that my Vu+USB wifi dongle works fine with ondemand and tsmedia plugins. The internet connection is there.
Only the ViX image doesn't connect, not even if I set unstable downloads on. So, it seems to be an image issue, after all.
I hope next build will solve this.