PDA

View Full Version : Sporadic picture loss from Miraclebox Premium Ultra Triple

point17
15-04-15, 06:21
Hi, I'd be grateful for some help. I'm a complete newbie so please go easy on me...

I just bought a Miraclebox Premium Ultra Triple for use solely with FreeView. Initial experience has been positive except for sporadic picture loss at the TV. The picture flashes black for half a second then comes back. Very annoying. Sometimes it does this frequently enough to make watching impossible. And sometimes the signal to the TV is lost entirely for minutes at a time. This happens both watching live and playback. It seems to happen mostly on some sort of transition. For example, pulling up a menu on the Miraclebox sometimes seems to trigger loss of signal, or exiting a menu. But there's no consistent pattern I've been able to detect.

At first I assumed it was a problem with the (WoS-supplied) HDMI cable or the TV HDMI port, so I tried using 2 other TV HDMI ports with the same results, and also tried a composite/RCA cable that I know works, again with the same results. Given that the TV works fine with other set-top boxes and with a DVD player I don't think it can be the cables or the TV.

A little box appears in the top right corner of the screen just after the black screen flash giving the resolution. I have switched this off but wonder whether the problem is that the TV cannot handle the resolution or refresh rate? I've tried fiddling with the AV Output settings but I don't really know what I'm doing with these and haven't been able to make the problem go away. The TV is a several year-old "HD Ready" TV rather than a full HD TV, so maybe I need to adjust the Miraclebox output?

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Dan

TK4|2|1
15-04-15, 06:41
Have you got auto resolution turned on on the miraclebox? Turn it off if yes.
Menu/settings/system/AV settings, set auto resolution to disabled.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..

point17
25-04-15, 23:05
Thanks. That seems to have dealt with the problem for the most part. It still happens once in a while but I can live with it. Guess I need a new TV next!

Dan