PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin HD] Box wishing to shut down whilst I'm playing back a recording.

birdman
15-04-15, 02:48
Tonight I was watching a recording while a new recording was running in the background.
When that new recording was finished a pop-up menu arrived telling me that a completed timer wanted to shutdown my box.
I presume that the intention is that this should not happen when I'm actually watching a recording?

Tkr001
15-04-15, 05:33
I have seen this periodically over the years. Trouble is it isn't reproducible.

maggiesfan
15-04-15, 09:37
I had the same problem, I went into my timers and under "After Event" I made sure it was set to "Do Nothing"
that fixed the problem for me.
I have a Vu+ Solo2

birdman
15-04-15, 10:47
I had the same problem, I went into my timers and under "After Event" I made sure it was set to "Do Nothing"But if I hadn't have been watching anything at the time I would have wanted it to shutdown again (something it had achieved with a different timer earlier in the evening).

leshay
15-04-15, 11:36
My Gigablue box is doing exactly the same. I have a Power Timer that is set to shut box down after a wake up to record - that seems to work fine, but, if it has woken up and I then continue with watching and interacting with the box, it will pop up that dialog asking if it will shut down after a recording. It happens every time where the circumstances are like that. I don't think it was doing that through all the VIX updates, but certainly over the last 5/6 updates.

I have had many many times where I might be making a cup of tea or something and the box shuts down because I didn't select the 'No' option.