PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] ABM scan Dreambox EDIT

cal91
14-04-15, 10:19
Hi Guys,

I'm a total newbie here and have managed to get this far, i'm using the VU+ Duo2 on openvix, I run ABM which was great, it done a fine job on sorting my channels. However I wish to create my own list in the favourites folder.. how do I do this? i've download and installed the dreamboxEDIT software, i've got my IP address etc inputed and run a test connection which seems to be working fine.. ok now this is where i'm lost.. how do I find the channel list that ABM created?.. I thought I could just use this software to point to it and start sorting out my favourites folder.. maybe it's not as simple as that, could anyone offer me a little guidance?

I could also use some help with getting picons to work.. I went to the plugin section of my VU+ box and downloaded some picons plugins not sure what i'm doing here or how to get them working on my epg.. do they save to my internal hard drive or I need to use a USB? maybe I need to download them someplace else.. lots of questions I know.. any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Cal

abu baniaz
14-04-15, 12:21
Which satellites/providers are you using in ABM?

cal91
14-04-15, 12:39
Hi abu,

I'm using FreeSat UK & Sky uk

abu baniaz
14-04-15, 13:03
Firstly, you don't need both providers. Just use Sky. Enable the not indexed feature to ensure you get all channels.

There are several ways to do what you want. Dreamset works better than Dreamboxedit with ABM as it recognises the blanks.

Receive bouquets from receiver to PC. Create a new bouquet, name it what you want. Drag/drop channels to your bouquet. Make sure there are less than 100. Save. Transfer back to receiver.

In ABM, when you are asked about the main bouquet, there is an option to select your own bouquet. This should be all you need to do.

There is a bouquet editor in open webif. You can use that instead of Dreamset/Dreamboxedit.

There is a way to edit the xml used in ABM. We'll leave that for later.

cal91
14-04-15, 13:16
Is there a guide or tutorial I can follow someplace? i've installed Dreamset but i've no clue as to what i'm doing.. many thanks

abu baniaz
14-04-15, 13:27
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

cal91
14-04-15, 14:00
Thanks for your help abu, actually didn't see the menu option to create my own bouquet on the box itself.. great job, is there any option the move my bouquet to the top of the list?

abu baniaz
14-04-15, 14:10
Make sure you have ABM in expert settings mode

There are two options.
Option 1. Place ABM bouquets on top of other bouquets or below
Option 2. Within ABM, use another bouquet as the main one.

IMO,
1. should be ABM on top. This will mean numbering will be maintained.
2. Use your cosutomised bouquet as your main bouquet.

cal91
14-04-15, 15:34
Sorted, cheers buddy.