PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] crossepg

bigalfazer
14-04-15, 09:56
Hi folks . I'm having trouble with crossepg on my gigablue quad . Last week I up graded to apollo165 .I had to flash in a new bootloader. Then apollo165 everything ran fine so then I tried to set up the crossepg . I took an 8gb flash drive and formatted it with hp formatter put it in to the box the mounted it.then followed the siciliana's set up guide to the letter.....when I press the blue button on the remote . The box comes up and i select update epg .then The bar at the bottom of the tv screen comes up and it says starting update it stays like that for 30 _40 seconds then goes off ..but when I check the epg it's still blank..my be I missed something I have used open tv and updated the providers as in the guide ........hope someone can give me a clue

mann
14-04-15, 10:04
Hi mate may be an idea to reformat usb again..Turn off box then insert usb and turn box back on..in storage settings initialise the usb and all should be good check that your tuners are set up correct as it seems it can not find tuner to do update.
Is crossepg set up correct? have you selected opensly as your source and selected media/hdd as the storage for epg data?
If all fails uninstall crossepg and reinstall again

bigalfazer
15-04-15, 12:39
Hi again I have reinstalled crossepg and set it all up as you have suggested.....but still no epg ....I was looking at the tuners in the tuner menu .and in configuration it show all 4 tuners a b c d .They are all configured ...simple...single...disque has no buy it.........when I go down to the signal strength meter. Tuners A-B are showing good signal strength but C-D are showing no signal at all....could this be the reason I am not getting crossepg to work. ..I don't know why C-D are not showing a signal ..they were working on the old sHi again I have reinstalled crossepg and set it all up as you have suggested.....but still no epg ....I was looking at the tuners in the tuner menu .and in configuration it show all 4 tuners a b c d .They are all configured ...simple...single...disque has no buy it.........when I go down to the signal strength meter. Tuners A-B are showing good signal strength but C-D are showing no signal at all....could this be the reason I am not getting crossepg to work. ..I don't know why C-D are not showing a signal ..they were working on the old oftware before I upgraded to apollo165 ..so I'm struggling now not sure where to go:confused:

bigalfazer
15-04-15, 12:40
Hi again I have reinstalled crossepg and set it all up as you have suggested.....but still no epg ....I was looking at the tuners in the tuner menu .and in configuration it show all 4 tuners a b c d .They are all configured ...simple...single...disque has no buy it.........when I go down to the signal strength meter. Tuners A-B are showing good signal strength but C-D are showing no signal at all....could this be the reason I am not getting crossepg to work. ..I don't know why C-D are not showing a signal ..they were working on the old sHi again I have reinstalled crossepg and set it all up as you have suggested.....but still no epg ....I was looking at the tuners in the tuner menu .and in configuration it show all 4 tuners a b c d .They are all configured ...simple...single...disque has no buy it.........when I go down to the signal strength meter. Tuners A-B are showing good signal strength but C-D are showing no signal at all....could this be the reason I am not getting crossepg to work. ..I don't know why C-D are not showing a signal ..they were working on the old oftware before I upgraded to apollo165 ..so I'm struggling now not sure where to go

Larry-G
15-04-15, 15:53
Sorry but your writing style is very confusing.
Do tuners C and D have active feed from the LNB Or not ?.
If they do you need to look at what has gone wrong there, for example check the f-plugs are still properly fitted or even swap the feeds from tuners A and B to C and D and see what happens. If not try disabling them then run CrossEPG again.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

bigalfazer
16-04-15, 06:50
Sorry for the confusion it's the predictive text on my phone ...... all four tuners have a cable from the LNB to them ..........I will try swapping the cables around to see what that dose and also check the f connectors