PDA

View Full Version : Serious issues with the box, need help please?

champs4life
12-04-15, 20:08
Hi,

I would really appreciate any help from anyone who has had similar problems.

Basically whenever I go on to a channel where something is being recorded and rewind, forward and then press stop it comes up with an error message and reboots the box, same thing happens with live tv.

Also sometimes not always when I am changing channels it just crashes, gets stuck, but the channel is still working but I cant do anything with the remote so I have to turn off the box from the back.

Now these issues are really annoying and I think it could be the box itself or maybe an issue with the image, or even the HDD, but I have not idea.

I hope someone can give me a solution,

Thank you in advance.

mann
12-04-15, 20:15
Sounds like a good candidate for a complete re flash and clean fresh set up...this usually cures most faults.

cactikid
12-04-15, 20:19
and as your using a multi tuner box you are using either 2.3.0 or 1.38.also you have not said what image you are using.as resaid above maybe needs reflashing?

champs4life
12-04-15, 21:20
So doing a clean flash would solve these issues?

Isnt it a problem with the image or box itself?

What about the HDD, with an internal HDD in the box will it solve the issues?

These issues still persist with the latest VIX image.

I did get told it mostly likely is the external HDD which is the cause.

cactikid
12-04-15, 21:45
clean reflash usually does fix things and dont use backups restore,even reformat usb and setup again for epg.should not matter with internal or external hdd used.all usb are removed and just use the formatted one for reflashing.remount when finished.

champs4life
12-04-15, 22:32
Whats backup restore?

Would I need to do system reset or just reflash like before?

But timeshift, recordings are saved to external HDD, so couldnt that be the problem and why these errors are occurring?

abu baniaz
12-04-15, 22:34
Please provide as much information as you can about your setup/usage. I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is and it has been posted on forum already. No point guessing, so will wait for you to confirm setup.

A crash generates a crashlog. Attach it to your post.

champs4life
12-04-15, 22:39
Please provide as much information as you can about your setup/usage. I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is and it has been posted on forum already. No point guessing, so will wait for you to confirm setup.

A crash generates a crashlog. Attach it to your post.

I dont know what else to post, what setup/usage do you mean?

What crashlog and how do I get it?

abu baniaz
12-04-15, 22:46
What have you set your receiver to do? Any plugins installed? Any feature set to start automatically?

Search for "crashlog". Their location an dhow to upload them has been posted many times.

champs4life
12-04-15, 22:50
Only have a skin installed, I havent got the feature set to automatic, like I said before these errors happen when I pause live tv and rewind and then press the stop button the error shows and reboots the box. Same thing happens with recordings saved.

Is the crash log on the HDD and how will I upload it?

abu baniaz
12-04-15, 22:56
The default location for crashlogs is /home/root/logs/
There is a guide on screenshots/attachments, please refer to it.

Please note the following:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespectve of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

abu baniaz
12-04-15, 23:16
Is this the same issue as yours?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44221-crashing-after-timeshift

champs4life
12-04-15, 23:21
What guide? I cant find the guide.

Cant you tell me the solution without uploading any logs?

champs4life
12-04-15, 23:26
Is this the same issue as yours?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44221-crashing-after-timeshift

Yes exactly with timeshift and with recordings.

So its the issue with the box and nothing else then?

abu baniaz
12-04-15, 23:33
They changed something in the drivers. It inadvertently affected the timeshift feature. Disable it for now.

Not sure about recordings. Hopefully your logs will show what the problem is.

champs4life
13-04-15, 00:09
So I can't use timeshift at all with it being disabled?

The same issues happens with recordings and when you go on the channel with the recording. Doubt log will help as you say it's the manufacturer issue.

So doing a fresh flash like people mentioned won't help?

Seems there are loads of problems with this box which I didn't expect nor did I expect not to be fixed yet.

abu baniaz
13-04-15, 00:11
Why are you playing hard to get with your logs?

The only known problems with the box is transcoding does not work. Timeshift issue is a new thing that has occurred. I'm sure they will fix it. Almost all manufacturers have driver issues.

Please contact TM for details of driver fixes.

champs4life
13-04-15, 00:16
I'm not playing hard to get, I don't know how to attach logs?

Have you not got details when TM will fix this problem?

abu baniaz
13-04-15, 00:21
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

Link even in some signatures

champs4life
13-04-15, 00:28
Can I ask what you will solve with the logs if the whole issue with errors and box rebooting is to do with TM?

Would a reflash help?

abu baniaz
13-04-15, 00:32
You reported two issues. One is timeshift.

judge
13-04-15, 00:42
So I can't use timeshift at all with it being disabled?
Yes, you can. Press the pause button first.

Doubt log will help as you say it's the manufacturer issue.
Manufacturer, driver, image issues, logs will always help.

Tkr001
13-04-15, 04:21
Can I ask what you will solve with the logs if the whole issue with errors and box rebooting is to do with TM?

Would a reflash help?

And you want people to help you? Why don't you just attach the logs?

Andy_Hazza
13-04-15, 06:17
Providing the ViX team with logs will help them what is causing your issue and will quickly diagnose the root cause for you. Use a program like DCC (Dreambox Control Centre) or Filezilla, you then can ftp into the box and get the logs and then upload them on here for Abu n the team can take a look for ya.

duoduo
13-04-15, 07:17
For your peace of mind, the logs do not show how you obtain pay TV this is not what Abu is trying to find out.. My comment is only relevant of it is this which is bothering you..

champs4life
13-04-15, 12:58
You reported two issues. One is timeshift.

Another problem is a channel randomly freezes but still works but I cant change channel but has loading sign in top left corner. Is this an issue with TM itself?

champs4life
13-04-15, 13:00
Yes, you can. Press the pause button first.

Manufacturer, driver, image issues, logs will always help.

How would I disable timeshift so I can check if the errors and rebooting still occurs with it being disabled?

Larry-G
13-04-15, 13:01
Look mate I'm not trying to be rude but you have been asked multiple times to upload logs so that we can try to diagnose and fix your issues, if you are unwilling to do that you need not bother posting again as we simply won't help you from now on unless you do.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

champs4life
13-04-15, 13:01
And you want people to help you? Why don't you just attach the logs?

I appreciate the help so far but I am just asking questions so I understand what is going on.

champs4life
13-04-15, 13:09
For your peace of mind, the logs do not show how you obtain pay TV this is not what Abu is trying to find out.. My comment is only relevant of it is this which is bothering you..

What do you mean?

If there is a concern it's that would my personal info be shown in the logs such as IP address?

Larry-G
13-04-15, 13:10
Seriously are you that paranoid ?.

Larry-G
13-04-15, 13:11
I appreciate the help so far but I am just asking questions so I understand what is going on.

And we have asked repeatedly that you please upload a crash log or a debug log but you continue to evade and dance around this request. So from now on you will no longer receive any help on this forum until you provide the requested logs. It's just that simple.

champs4life
13-04-15, 13:13
Look mate I'm not trying to be rude but you have been asked multiple times to upload logs so that we can try to diagnose and fix your issues, if you are unwilling to do that you need not bother posting again as we simply won't help you from now on unless you do.

I will post the logs. It's just that I don't know whether to FTP them or do it abu's way.

Please give me time when I'm free I will post it.

champs4life
13-04-15, 13:14
Seriously are you that paranoid ?.

I'm just worried of my IP address showing up.

Larry-G
13-04-15, 13:15
FTP into the receiver and copy the logs to your PC, then upload them to this thread. Don't worry the logs do not contain any personal info, but they are vital to us for diagnostic reasons.

champs4life
13-04-15, 13:19
Thanks for clarification Phoenix, but you have understand I had to be cautious of my info showing up as I don't want to be hacked.

Larry-G
13-04-15, 13:22
We would not have asked you to upload them to a publicly accessible forum if they contained info that could lead to you being hacked.

champs4life
13-04-15, 18:56
lol you serious? your using a box that requires to go online via internet and your worried about someone seeing your IP, your IPs visible each time your box is online, And to all the staff in this site when you joined & login here and other sites. chill out :D

I do apologise, after the way you described it, it does make me sound paronoid and stupid. So sorry everyone.

champs4life
17-04-15, 18:45
I just wanted to update that due to severe crashes I had to reflash the image again.so far no errors resulting in box rebooting as I have disabled time flash.

Is there any timescale when technomate will fix the driver issues and other issues?

However I still get the problem where when changing channels everything crashes, I get a loading sign in the corner and I can't do anything, plus there are no logs so I have to physically shut the box off and on from the back. This happens still after the reflash.

Now could this be an image issue or a another technomate issue? Is there a solution to this?

It's so annoying as it's happening frequently and I have to turn box off and on.

Andy_Hazza
17-04-15, 19:58
You will need to turn logs on. Press menu, setup, system, logs, settings, 'Enable debug logs' set this to YES, green button to ok and restart your receiver for this to enable logs.
Then when your receiver crashes you can upload logs here for Abu and the ViX team to take a look.

abu baniaz
17-04-15, 20:19
Why is it some people think debug logs are the same as crash logs?

One is constanly written after being enabled.
One is written when a crash occurs.

If there are no debug logs, it means they have not been enabled or receiver has not been restarted for the change to take effect.

champs4life
17-04-15, 22:40
It seems the issue described in my previous post is happening more now.

Is there potential issue with the image or an issue with manufacturer that this is now occurring frequently?

Please can anyone advise me as turning the box off frequently is not right.

abu baniaz
17-04-15, 22:50
Are you actually going to attach or send in logs?

champs4life
17-04-15, 23:24
What is debug logs and how is that going to help this particular issue?

I told you I havent got crash logs.

abu baniaz
17-04-15, 23:43
There is a search box, use it. I'm pretty sure you already asked and answer was provided. We don't want this to become like the tuner thread you had.

I won't be responding to any more of your posts until you upload the debug logs.

electrocop
17-04-15, 23:46
The debug logs contain information as to what's going on when the issue occurs. If you provide the logs, then the knowledgeable people here might be able to determine why the issue occurs - whether it is caused by an image problem or if it is likely to be hardware (the box or peripherals).
Without the information, no-one will be able to help you nor will they be inclined to want to help you. You are asking impossible questions and asking miracles, whilst providing no information.
Also, a crash log is completely different to a debug log (as has been explained some time ago)

champs4life
17-04-15, 23:48
Abu, I never asked about a debug logs.

I was asked to upload crash logs.

Dont understand why you are getting angry with me.

This issue I posted is completely different as one it doesnt automatically reboot the box nor does it store logs, therefore I am baffled as to how debug logs will help?

abu baniaz
18-04-15, 00:00
After you mentioned crashing, you were asked to upload crash logs in post 7. You did not.

In post 32 you were asked to attach debug or crash logs, you have not.
Post 35 described what debug logs do.
Post 41 described how to enable debug logs.
Post 47 has repeated what was told to you before.

This is becoming like the tuner thread.

Whether you understand what debug logs do or not, enable them, restart receiver and attach them after you have another problem.

chewy1
26-04-15, 22:44
I have been suffering a similar prob I have a feeling its something to do with the internal memory how can I clear any temp files or or save info to hdd not int memory:confused:memory:confused:

Tkr001
26-04-15, 22:48
Instead of just trying things attach a debug log. This would show if internal memory was full.