PDA

View Full Version : vu+duo-xbmc

stuattravs
09-12-10, 23:15
Just wondering if anyone uses xbmc and has found a way to stream live tv to xbmc from the vu?

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 23:17
i use xmbc but never actually tried it but you given me a thought now may try it

stuattravs
09-12-10, 23:24
yeah would be great for my setup, as it is using the web interface is fine but would be great if everything could be done under xbmc considering my upstairs revo(pc)
is mainly used for streaming my media

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 23:25
well gimme a few days i'll get my setup out and try hooking it up

stuattravs
09-12-10, 23:28
well gimme a few days i'll get my setup out and try hooking it up

Good man, did a quick search on the forums and theres a plugin mentioned but looks like its enigma 1 based

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 23:34
nice i'll check it out see if i can get enigma 2 on it but i was thinking more samba or something like that will have to look into it deeper though

stuattravs
31-12-10, 15:31
Just an update got this working using tuxbox

Maxwell
31-12-10, 15:43
Care to post full instructions on how ?

steford
31-12-10, 17:47
Works fine. Until now I've been creating .strm files which are just text files with the stream URL in them (copy from the web interface). I noticed the other day I have a "vuplus" folder on my XBMC video source list (no idea how) which has a full set of folders and channels in there - same as in the web interface and on the box itself. Any SD channel can be streamed directly from there to my XBMC on the original XBOX hardware over my Homeplug network. All decryption happens at the box which can remain off. All good.

stuattravs
31-12-10, 20:39
Using open pli I downloaded the tuxbox plugin, on xbmc go to add source choose tuxbox then enter ip of vu and root/password and give a name the it and that's it really easy, shows all channels and the pic quality is actually better than using web interface/vlc.

Any questions just give me a shout.

Using acer revo 3610, win7 64 bit

steford
01-01-11, 13:16
Just had a quick look at mine. I have a "Vuplus" folder in video sources mapped to tuxbox://MY_VU+_IP_ADDRESS - brings in the full channel list. No additional work required at the Vuplus end. Currently running internally over HTTP with no password on web interface.

supathug
03-01-11, 23:10
Guys Im trying to make this work on my xbox too but am not having much luck. Im on VIX 1.3, have downloaded and installed the tuxbox plugin on the duo. I can get so far as my bouquets showing but when I click on them nothing happens (im using the xbox remote btw). Can you guys tell me what build of xbmc for xbox your using so I can try that.

Thanks

stuattravs
03-01-11, 23:51
You might be better off getting the enigma2 script just do a search on the xbmc forum, I would provide a link but I'm on the iPhone, just place the script in the script folder and run it, it has the added bonus of having some epg data with it.

Hope this helps

stuattravs
03-01-11, 23:54
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=43954&page=3

Managed, you will need to edit the script with the ip of your receiver

supathug
04-01-11, 09:48
Thanks mate, will give that a go later.

supathug
04-01-11, 10:20
Quick question - can you use the above script if your webinterface is password protected?

supathug
04-01-11, 19:36
Ok,

Tried the script mentioned above which does indeed work and stream FTA channels. Although, with encrypted channels it dies after a few seconds and goes back to the bouquet list. Also, rather than stream it seems to zap the box to the channel and then start a record (no files are actually created on my NAS or HDD) weirdly enough although I assume it is just a way of it reserving a tuner for itself. Is there any way to make it so that it just streams rather than zaps?

Any help would be much appreciated.

supathug
05-01-11, 11:56
Ok guys - Quick update - I used the script on a newer build of XBMC and it seems to work fine in terms of not closing when streaming encrypted channels. However, the problem of the duo and the xbox not being able to change channels independantly of one another (as I can do when I stream via the webinterface) is still there. @stuattravs, steford - do you also have this problem? My end goal is to be able to use the xbox to watch sat tv upstairs whilst the mrs watches sat downstairs but on a different channel (or vice versa). Is that even possible with this or am I asking too much of it?

supathug
06-01-11, 12:33
Ok guys update - I've managed to get everything working how I wanted via tuxbox now. I installed the latest T3CH build of xbmc and connected up to the duo that way and it seems to do the job and allow me to watch different stuff on the xbox and the duo. I'm well chuffed with that as I was going to sell the xbox. Glad I didnt now. If anyone wants the details of the build I used then PM me as I dont know if im allowed to post the link to the download here or not.

silverfox0786
06-01-11, 12:43
xbmc is a free open source package so its ok upload the file to the forum server i have 3 xboxes and will be setting one up so i would love to do this please

supathug
06-01-11, 13:52
k mate - I'll post it in the misc downloads section for you. Let me know if you need any help setting it up.

supathug
06-01-11, 14:36
Tried posting in misc downloads section but the filesize was too big. Here is the link to the actual file:

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=DLC&FA=XBMC&FT=XBOXT&FB=30748&TF=zip

1, Install the tuxbox plugin from within the plugins menu on the duo if you are using the VIX image (Think its in Enigma 2 extensions on VIX) - location may vary in other images.

2, Download and unzip the attached zip file and FTP it to your APPS directory on your XBOX

3, Start XBMC and via videos, click add source and then add network location at the bottom of the screen.

4, A dialog should appear allowing you to choose the type of network location you want to add along with the connection details. Choose Tuxbox and then enter the IP of your duo, along with the username, password and port (usually 80) used to connect to its webinterface.

5, Once this is complete, give the new connection a name and within videos the new connection should appear with the name you have just provided. Clicking on this connection should (after a short pause) bring up a bouquet list. Click on a bouquet, then a channel within that bouquet and the channel should start streaming. Thats all there is to it!

stuattravs
06-01-11, 14:54
Glad you got everything sorted mate, I'm using the latest dharma release on my revo incase anyone wants to know, I have found that streaming via tuxbox doesn't seem to see my sky hd bouquet tho but it does show everything else, sure it's just a setting I'm missing

steford
17-09-11, 22:37
An update to this. Previously I've had to do nothing to the Vu+ and simply enter tuxbox://VUPLUSIPADDRESS on XBMC and all has been well. Clicking the source shortcut now gives a connection error where previously I go the full channel bouquets. Thinking maybe that the module had disappeared from Vix I installed the tuxbox plugin. After that the shortcut on XBMC gets me a little further but just a blank page - still no bouquets. Connection to Vu+ wis fine as I can view shares over SMB and my favourite links directly to channels work fine. Web interface is set up as both HTTP (no authentication) and HTTPS (authentication required) and both work. Very odd. Any ideas?

samhp
28-02-12, 14:07
Hi all.

I have recently setup an XBMC HTPC... and want to connect it to my VU+ Duo, but am having a little bit of difficutly.

On XBMC, i add a Tuxbox connection, with the ip address of VU and with my port/user/pass... and it connects correctly.

I can view all my bouquets in XBMC, but when i try to enter one of them, i get a "working" message on XBMC but nothing happens. After about a minute the "working" message goes away and i'm still at the list of bouquets. I just cant seem to access any of them to choose a channel.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Sandman
28-02-12, 14:09
Hi all.

I have recently setup an XBMC HTPC... and want to connect it to my VU+ Duo, but am having a little bit of difficutly.

On XBMC, i add a Tuxbox connection, with my port/user/pass... and it connects correctly.

I can view all my bouquets in XBMC, but when i try to enter one of them, i get a "working" message on XBMC but nothing happens. After about a minute the "working" message goes away and i'm still at the list of bouquets. I just cant seem to access any of them to choose a channel.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,

You've definitely a free tuner on your Duo?

What, if anything, does the tail of your XBMC log say?

samhp
28-02-12, 14:31
You've definitely a free tuner on your Duo?

What, if anything, does the tail of your XBMC log say?

Yeah I have dual tuner connected but only one in use.

Hmm... will look into how to check logs, hang on.... :D

samhp
28-02-12, 14:34
My log says this....

13:29:44 T:5948 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
13:29:44 T:5948 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectoryTuxBox::GetDirectory - Unable to get XML structure! Try count:3, Wait Timer:30s
13:29:44 T:5856 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting tuxbox://192.168.1.69/Entertainment/
13:29:44 T:5856 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(tuxbox://192.168.1.69/Entertainment/) failed
13:29:44 T:5948 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
13:29:44 T:5948 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.

Do i need to install the E2 plugin on XBMC for it to work?

I have installed it, but there was no option for username and password in the default.py.

Maybe thats my issue?

samhp
28-02-12, 14:38
My log says this....

13:29:44 T:5948 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectoryTuxBox::GetDirectory - Unable to get XML structure! Try count:3, Wait Timer:30s
13:29:44 T:5856 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting tuxbox://192.168.1.69/Entertainment/
13:29:44 T:5856 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(tuxbox://192.168.1.69/Entertainment/) failed
13:29:44 T:5948 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22

I have installed it, but there was no option for username and password in the default.py.

Maybe thats my issue?

Sandman
28-02-12, 14:40
My log says this....

Maybe thats my issue?

Yes, you need to have it installed...if you go into the plugin settings you can enter the IP, port, username and password!

samhp
28-02-12, 14:42
Sorry this is going to sound incredibly stupid, and i apologise in advance haha!

But do i need to install the E2 plugin on the VU or XBMC?

Also - if it's on XBMC, I have moved the scripts.enigma2 folder into the correct place in C:/User/Appdata/blahblah ... do I then need to enable the plugin in XBMC or will it auto load it?

Sorry quite new to XBMC!

samhp
28-02-12, 14:43
Sorry double post!

Sandman
28-02-12, 15:13
Sorry this is going to sound incredibly stupid, and i apologise in advance haha!

But do i need to install the E2 plugin on the VU or XBMC?

Also - if it's on XBMC, I have moved the scripts.enigma2 folder into the correct place in C:/User/Appdata/blahblah ... do I then need to enable the plugin in XBMC or will it auto load it?

Sorry quite new to XBMC!

sam,

you install it as an add-on in XBMC...you shouldn't need to be moving any folders around...All you have to do is enter the IP, port, username and password in the config for the add-on!

samhp
28-02-12, 16:14
sam,

you install it as an add-on in XBMC...you shouldn't need to be moving any folders around...All you have to do is enter the IP, port, username and password in the config for the add-on!

Thanks for your help Sandman! Very much appreciated.

I don't think it wants to work for me.

I have installed the Enigma.Plugin. I can go to System/Settings/Addons/Enabled addons/Program Addons and Enigma is enabled.

I then go to Programms, then when i click on "Enigma" (the plugin just installed) it comes up with the message

"Downloading Bouquet List"

Then fails to download bouquet list.

If I now go to Add Video, Tuxbox Connection, I'm still in the exact same situation as before where I can see my Bouquets, but cant access any of them. Tis a very strange one!

Thanks for all your help buddy! Maybe I should re-install VIX with no users and pass'.... may want to work then!

Sandman
28-02-12, 16:30
Thanks for your help Sandman! Very much appreciated.

I don't think it wants to work for me.

I have installed the Enigma.Plugin. I can go to System/Settings/Addons/Enabled addons/Program Addons and Enigma is enabled.

Go into the settings for the plugin from this screen...then enter your details and you should be able to connect fine!

Trial
28-02-12, 16:38
Hi,
the plugin should not be necessary anymore with recent versions of XBMC. I simply entered tuxbox://<my box IP> for a new video source.

Perhaps the password protect of the web interface makes problems.

btw. on a german board a new plugin for the PVR version of XBMC was posted with EPG and other things.

ciao

samhp
28-02-12, 17:12
Go into the settings for the plugin from this screen...then enter your details and you should be able to connect fine!

Excellent! That's sorted now! Thanks for your patience and continued support! Well happy! :D

Hi,
the plugin should not be necessary anymore with recent versions of XBMC. I simply entered tuxbox://<my box IP> for a new video source.

Perhaps the password protect of the web interface makes problems.

btw. on a german board a new plugin for the PVR version of XBMC was posted with EPG and other things.

ciao
Yeah I think that is my problem for the Tuxbox - User/Pass error!

Got a link to the German Plugin info?

Thanks

Trial
28-02-12, 19:01
Hi samhp,
take a look here (http://www.vuplus-support.org/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=27392)

In the first post there is a link to the source and later you will find a 64bit version (I think for windows). If you have problems to get it tell me.

Ralf

stuattravs
28-02-12, 21:16
wow this thread stood the test of time! lol

Little update anyway, there's a few plugins now, currently using a dreambox one that has picon and epg support

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=43954&page=5

Now just to get the vu tuner integrated into a pvr build and show epg in gui of xbmc:eek:

Sandman
28-02-12, 21:32
Now just to get the vu tuner integrated into a pvr build and show epg in gui of xbmc:eek:

Now *that* would be the icing alright! :cool:

samhp
29-02-12, 15:33
Hi samhp,
take a look here (http://www.vuplus-support.org/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=27392)

In the first post there is a link to the source and later you will find a 64bit version (I think for windows). If you have problems to get it tell me.

Ralf

That looks incredible! Definitely want some of that! EPG looks nice too!

Only problem is i'm struggling to find the Win64 sources from the link?

Once you have the sources, I assume you have to compile XBMC with this software?

There wasnt a README file for Windows :-(

Thanks for your help.

Trial
29-02-12, 15:53
Hi,
my mistake the compiled addon is for linux and mac-os in 64bit. It will be soon in the official PVR version. I am not sure if it is possible to add the compiled addon to a current version of XBMC without compiling it by yourself.

I agree with you it looks great especially compared to the current option with tuxbox://ip-of-the-box

Ralf

boxer29
01-03-12, 01:18
can any one send me the link to enigma2 plugin for vu+duo im uisng vix 2.3
the megaupload links are not workking
i just install the enigma plugin on my vuo and then add the source in the xbmc and then stream
is that right
is there any small tutorial for it
thanks

judge
01-03-12, 01:32
can any one send me the link to enigma2 plugin for vu+duo im uisng vix 2.3
the megaupload links are not workking
i just install the enigma plugin on my vuo and then add the source in the xbmc and then stream
is that right
is there any small tutorial for it
thanks

Here you go, working fine for me but only on SD channels, on HD channels the picture keeps breaking up after about 10 seconds.
You need to open default.py & change DREAMBOXURL to your IP.
Also, you might need to change the next line too:

STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL+":8001/"

If running OpenWebif on port 80, use:

STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL

If not using port 80, just change the 8001 to whatever port you are using, I think the default is 8088? can't remember, I changed mine but I'm sure someone will post the correct port if that's wrong.

boxer29
01-03-12, 01:43
Here you go, working fine for me but only on SD channels, on HD channels the picture keeps breaking up after about 10 seconds.
You need to open default.py & change DREAMBOXURL to your IP.
Also, you might need to change the next line too:

installed the above plugin via ftp into the xbmc in the video plugin folder
tried to open it and it says geting bouquet list
then says bouquete error cant retrive file
where do i change the .py setting in which folder of my xbmc
thanks
do i need to change anything

STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL

If not using port 80, just change the 8001 to whatever port you are using, I think the default is 8088? can't remember, I changed mine but I'm sure someone will post the correct port if that's wrong.
installed the above plugin via ftp into the xbmc in the video plugin folder
tried to open it and it says geting bouquet list
then says bouquete error cant retrive file
where do i change the .py setting in which folder of my xbmc
thanks
do i need to change anything in my vu duo

STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL

judge
01-03-12, 01:53
Nothing to change on the VU.
I opened the zip, changed the default.py to the IP of my duo & re-zipped it, then installed the zip trhough the xmbc plugin installer.

If you ftp'd the files in, edit it where you ftp'd them in to i'd presume.

boxer29
01-03-12, 01:57
im using port 80
URL = "http://192.168.1.27"
BOUQUETLISTURL = DREAMBOXURL+"

these are my files
what should i do now

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:01
im using port 80
BOUQUETLISTURL = DREAMBOXURL+"

these are my files
what should i do now
where do i put my vuo user name and password

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:03

should i change the ip to my duo ip
and
streamurl=dreamboxurl and delelte all the other thing after the +'':8001/'' or what to delete ,i dont need to put my port as 80 there

judge
01-03-12, 02:07
If using port 80, this should work

DREAMBOXURL = "http://192.168.1.27"
STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL
BOUQUETLISTURL = DREAMBOXURL+"/web/getservices"
presuming the IP is correct.

judge
01-03-12, 02:13
replies a bit funky/broken here tonight...
as far as I know username & passwords aren't supported yet, so you would have to turn off authentication on the VU webif plugin settings if you set-it up, it's off by default.
Other than that, yes you need to change the IP to your VU IP address, & remove the +":8001/" bit on the STREAMURL line if you are running webif on port 80

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:16
ive set up passord how do i turn that off in the webif authentication

judge
01-03-12, 02:19
ive set up passord how do i turn that off in the webif authentication

Menu/Plugins/OpenWebif - Enable Http Auth...

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:27
now it says error script failed
have disabled the password in it
what next

judge
01-03-12, 02:32
no idea mate...
since changing the settings on the VU, have you rebooted it?
if you visit http://192.168.1.27 (amusing that's the IP of your VU?) on your PCs web browser, does it show the default webif page?

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:33
STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL/"
BOUQUETLISTURL
this is my setting
and this is the correct ip
didnt reboot vu will do it now

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:36
BOUQUETLISTURL
this is my setting

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:40
BOUQUETLISTURL
this is my setting

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:48
cant seem to open the webif when i type the ip in ie
the ip is pinging ok
can use it with vu control centre
and i can get inot the box without putting the password ,so it has disabled ok
whats wrong here

judge
01-03-12, 02:50
are you sure you re runnig webif on port 80 so?

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:53
yes im sure
checked in the setting of xbox

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:56
yes im sure

judge
01-03-12, 02:58
yes im sure

well i'd get it working on a browser on your pc first, If your browser can't open the webif page on the VU, the xbmc plugin also wont.

boxer29
01-03-12, 02:58
yes im sure
i think the new update might have messed it up
do i have to install webif on it again from the plugins

boxer29
01-03-12, 03:08
sorry the webif setting were turned off instead of the pass authantication
which was already off
no turned the webif on
my pc openes the page when i put the ip
but xbmc still says script error
is it that im using the old xbmc version and i need to update it
cause some of the other srcript dont work
but ive checked the iplayer that works
but youtube dont work
i use it in the navix
what next

boxer29
01-03-12, 03:09
sorry the webif setting were turned off instead of the pass authantication
which was already off
no turned the webif on
my pc openes the page when i put the ip
but xbmc still says script error
is it that im using the old xbmc version and i need to update it
cause some of the other srcript dont work
but ive checked the iplayer that works
but youtube dont work
i use it in the navix
what next

boxer29
01-03-12, 19:16
If using port 80, this should work

DREAMBOXURL = "http://192.168.1.27"
STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL
presuming the IP is correct.

when i use this code BOUQUETLISTURL = DREAMBOXURL it dosnt open says script error
but when i use this code STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL+":80/" it opens the bouquet i can select the channels it shows all the channels but when i try to stream it it says
cant open video url
what am i doing wrong
thanks

boxer29
01-03-12, 19:46
or even if i use this code STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL+":8001/"
it opens up the bouquet and channel list
but when streaming it says
cant open video url
any comments

judge
01-03-12, 20:02
No idea, works fine here.
Are you sure your ports are correct?

boxer29
01-03-12, 22:24
Im using dreamdroid on my phone and in the settings the port is 80 I can stream to my phone all channels without no problem.but somehow this xbmc on my xbox is not working .i don't know what I'm missing .can anyone help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Trial
02-03-12, 09:21
Hi boxer29,
have you tried the simple method without this plugin? Simple method is:

1. add a new video source in XBMC
2. path of video source is tuxbox://<ip-of-your-box>
3. simple as that. Now you can go to video, files and then your box where you get your favorites presented as directories.

Perhaps you have to disable the password for your web interface on your box.

This methods works for some years now.

ciao

boxer29
02-03-12, 13:05
Hi boxer29,
have you tried the simple method without this plugin? Simple method is:

1. add a new video source in XBMC
2. path of video source is tuxbox://<ip-of-your-box>
3. simple as that. Now you can go to video, files and then your box where you get your favorites presented as directories.

Perhaps you have to disable the password for your web interface on your box.

This methods works for some years now.

ciao

ive tried this as well
added a source via the white button
and named it as vu path tuxbox:// box ip
i need to install tuxbox on the vuo duo ,i think i need to check that
if how can i install it from the plugins from the box

i dont know if was in the video source will go home and check later then feedback
thanks

Trial
02-03-12, 14:51
Hi,
I am not sure about Tuxbox but you need a web interface.

ciao

boxer29
02-03-12, 23:28
the web interface is working
i also tried to install the plugin from the plugin of vu duo
but still it says cant connect
dont know what to do
any one has got any ideas

boxer29
03-03-12, 00:59
here is a log for this as well

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=nvGSLFKb"></script>

boxer29
03-03-12, 01:08
here is a log for this as well

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=nvGSLFKb"></script>

boxer29
03-03-12, 01:09
here is a list of 2 channels which didnt not open

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=76tgXuPz"></script>

<iframe src="http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=76tgXuPz" style="border:none;widhttp://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=76tgXuPzth:100%"></iframe>

boxer29
03-03-12, 01:14
http://pastebin.com/Qg5cBASv

http://pastebin.com/N2KSPtYB

boxer29
06-03-12, 11:49
thats what im doing
tuxbox://192.168.2.10:80 (this is my box ip) and 80 is my port
can stream the vuo duo to my samsung phone using android dreamer
have got a nas setup can play files from it as well
also set up the vuo duo box hdd and can play recorded things on it via the xbmc
but when i try to open the video pougin
it opens the bouquete
and opens the channel list
but when i try to play any sd channel it says cant open the url
im confused why it opens the bouquete and when i select silverfox it shows all the channels names
so this means the xbox is connected to the vu duo
but when i try to play a channel it says cant play url complete at sea
what should i do
help help pls

boxer29
06-03-12, 11:52
thats what im doing
tuxbox://192.168.2.10:80 (this is my box ip) and 80 is my port
can stream the vuo duo to my samsung phone using android dreamer
have got a nas setup can play files from it as well
also set up the vuo duo box hdd and can play recorded things on it via the xbmc
but when i try to open the video pougin
it opens the bouquete
and opens the channel list
but when i try to play any sd channel it says cant open the url
it means the vuo duo is connecting to the xbox
when i try to stream the channle which says none
it starts playing some music with some background lines moving
complete at sea

boxer29
06-03-12, 17:30
sorry typing error the ip in the above should read
tuxbox://192.168.2.4:80

redknight
09-03-12, 16:15
Check out this thread, I've got this VUPLUS ADDON working with my box nicely, EPGs included

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=81220&page=4

boxer29
10-03-12, 17:57
where is the addon download link cant find it in the thread
can you tell us how did you installed it thanks
the link says it has got the xbmc also with it
i already have xbmc installed on my xbox as a dash
how to go this addon

redknight
10-03-12, 18:01
where is the addon download link cant find it in the thread
can you tell us how did you installed it thanks
the link says it has got the xbmc also with it
i already have xbmc installed on my xbox as a dash
how to go this addon

At this stage the addon is still in binary so it has to be compiled complete with xbmc on linux, the win32 version isnt working yet.

boxer29
10-03-12, 18:05
ive seen two links
xbmc-11.0-Eden_rc2.exe and
Xbmc-vuplusaddonbranch-win32.rar
im downloading both
which one to put in the xbox and how
ive got xbmc 3.0-r30836 already installed on my xbox
how do i install this addon
thanks

markus625
10-03-12, 18:14
I downloaded
Xbmc-vuplusaddonbranch-win32.rar and it wont work on windows, looking at the latest posts on the thread its still being worked on

boxer29
10-03-12, 18:16
At this stage the addon is still in binary so it has to be compiled complete with xbmc on linux, the win32 version isnt working yet.

so which version will work with xbmc running on xbox
how do you install it
do you have to do and complete new install of xbmc onto your xbox
or how do you do it
thanks

Trial
10-03-12, 18:22
Hi,
I do not think that it will work on the old XBox. This plugin is intended for the PVR edition of XBMC. I hope it will be an official plugin in the next week so that it is included in openelec.

ciao

boxer29
10-03-12, 21:28
this is my setting in the xbmc

SPACECLEANER = re.compile(' ')
QUOTECLEANER = re.compile('&quot;')
DREAMBOXURL = "http://192.168.2.4"
STREAMURL = DREAMBOXURL+":80/"
ive tried removing the +'':80/'' when i run this it says cant run the script
and like as it is with port 80 it says cannot play video url

punisher
11-03-12, 08:39
Try changin the 80 to 8001 that is the default streaming port. Not sure whether that will work or nt byt worth a try

markus625
11-03-12, 21:25
Noticed the xbmc forums are down due to maintanance, did anyone manage to get this working under a windows enviroment as id like to test it,

I also download the pvr build from pulse eight unzipped and transferred the pvr.vuplus folder into the addons folder and managed to get the vuplus client enabled but when i select live tv i get the error message 'No PVR clients have been started yet'

boxer29
11-03-12, 21:49
Try changin the 80 to 8001 that is the default streaming port. Not sure whether that will work or nt byt worth a try
i have changed the webif port to 80 from the default
can stream to my andoid phone all the sd channels from the box
but cany do it with the xbox running xbmc
it says cant load video url after opening the bouquet list and then the channel list
dont know whats wrong

redknight
03-04-12, 20:28
The add on is now working on windows :)

Just to recap, it's now working with full Linux, OpenElec Daily builds have it built in and there's a version of XBMC PVR for windows on the xbmc forum thread working ok.

It is not available for Apple TV or Xbox original

boxer29
17-04-12, 16:20
any one there who can help me
to stream vu+duo on my tv via xbmc on xbox
thanks

Sandman
17-04-12, 16:22
any one there who can help me
to stream vu+duo on my tv via xbmc on xbox
thanks

AFAIK its not available for the xbox...

Trial
17-04-12, 19:01
Hi,
try to setup a new video source called tuxbox://<IP of your box>

ciao

boxer29
17-04-12, 21:26
doesnt work either by doing the above
when i open the sbm on the xbmc running on the xbox
it shows me the vuduo hdd and the box i can stream what ever movies are on the box
but when i click on the tuxbox client it says cant open network
what can be the problem there
ive treid all settings but still the same
any comments

boxer29
26-04-12, 11:50
can some one post the settings of the xbmc on there xbox for me to check mine setting , i think my settings need to be tweeked a bit so that it can stream my vu+duo box
thanks

boxer29
26-04-12, 14:03
can some one post the settings of the xbmc on there xbox for me to check mine setting , i think my settings need to be tweeked a bit so that it can stream my vu+duo box
thanks
here is my latest pastebin.com

http://pastebin.com/icVSe2nt
i know this is the older version of xbmc but the newer 3.1 was still doing the same thing
can some one post me there settings
thanks

boxer29
27-04-12, 12:35
here is a patebin link of my debug of xbmc 3.1 still the same problem

http://pastebin.com/z8Ragp3K
can any one comment
or post there settings please
thanks
ps i can connect to webif on my pc by 192.168.2.4 and when i stream a channel it via vlc its port is 8001