PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Move videos from PVR to VU+ Solo2

sandiego69
12-04-15, 08:20
I have a number of video recordings on a Sony Freeview PVR. I would like to transfer all of these recordings to my Solo2 for later viewing. Some of these videos are encrypted by the restraints that Sony have imposed on recordings but if it still possible to do this, it would be helpful.

I would appreciate any advice or guidance.

john doe
12-04-15, 09:24
if the pvr is setup on your home network (internet) then setup NFS. by going network on the box mount setup, click network browser, everything connected on network should show, you need to mount pvr and then from your box go into NFS and setup from there. not sure if this will work from PVR. the other option, and this guess work is if you can save movie on usb and transfer to reciever/

sandiego69
12-04-15, 09:56
Thanks for info. I think I will try the easy option of copying onto USB drive. The really annoying thing is still the question of encryption. My understanding is that Freeview only required this to be on HD recordings but Sony went all the way and included SD as well. My PVR is virtually redundant now as I have a Solo2 which does everything and more than the Sony ever could. My sole hope was that I could preserve and view the recordings before making the Sony into a doorstop.

john doe
12-04-15, 10:14
am sure if you can get these on to your pc, there should be a software somewhere to encrypt, or even turn to hd

sandiego69
12-04-15, 15:32
I have been searching for ages. I cannot find any De-crypt software that can work with Sony recordings. I would give my back teeth to anyone that could offer a guaranteed method.

nsw9154
12-04-15, 15:44
Do you know what file system the Sony saves them as

you could try using VSO Video Converter -WinAVI All in One Converter or Xilisoft Video Converter to try and convert them to a standard file system and see if that works