PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ and Sky Help Please

couchpotato
11-04-15, 23:40
This might be a stupid question but I have one cable from my sat dish going into my vu+ box and I am due to get a sky hd box. Would I just use a splitter to get two cable feeds to the two boxes?

Thanks

abu baniaz
11-04-15, 23:56
You cannot split a satellite cable. You would have to run cables rom LNB. May have to replace LNB with one which has more ports.

timofee
12-04-15, 19:45
If sky are installing a new sky HD box they will put up another dish for you with a quad LNB with four outputs and run a twin cable to your new sky HD box.

couchpotato
12-04-15, 22:38
thanks that's what i wanted to hear i have an old hd sky dish from a few years ago do you know if this will have 4 outputs or should I ask for a new dish to be put up?

abu baniaz
12-04-15, 22:48
It is standard practice for them to replace with newer dish using a quad LNB. Try and get an Octo LNB fitted.

couchpotato
13-04-15, 10:00
just a quick one are sky boxes all made now by the one manufacturer are any better than others? thanks

Larry-G
13-04-15, 12:54
No there are several different manufacturers who produce receivers for sky uk. I have a Samsung Sky HD box and it works fine but can't really comment on others such as Amstrad or Thompson.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk