PDA

View Full Version : Glitching picture

thejoker
11-04-15, 20:53
Ok, my technomate nano 2 super is glutting but only on certain channels. I believe the issue to be at the dish. I discovered a hole through the lnb and replaced the lnb, it is the new type with the bubble level. Replaced easy enough and skew is at 3 for Northern Ireland.

On certain channels the AGC and SNR is jumping constantly from 1% to 94%. That is the AGC. SNR is jumping from 88-90%. Some kids channels are jumping from just 1-3% on AGC.

Most channels like sky sports are solid at 89% snr and 94% agc.

I did read that its possible for the signal to be too strong and that can cause signal jumping but i don't believe i could be getting too strong of a signal....

Is there anything else that could be the cause of this constant fluctuation on certain channels...?

john doe
12-04-15, 09:32
do you use a sat positioner or did you guess the angle when you fitted it?

thejoker
13-04-15, 23:07
I never fitted the dish, sky did. I only replaced the lnb, it just pushes on. The skew position was already set at 3 and i believe that is the correct position...

Should I buy a dish positioner, will that tell me if my dish is pointing 28.2e...?

judge
13-04-15, 23:16
Should I buy a dish positioner, will that tell me if my dish is pointing 28.2e...?
If you have a smart phone or tablet, loads of apps available to test signal strength. No need to buy anything.
If the SNR is jumping constantly, I'd start by replacing the fplugs.