PDA

View Full Version : Chron Timer Problem

Ant1942
11-04-15, 13:07
On a Vu Zero recently purchased from the sponsor ready flashed with the Vix image I am experiencing a problem with the Chron Timer. After fully setting up the system I applied an epg daily timer update and noticed that it did not operate. Manually running the epg plugin works fine. The problem seems to be the Chron Timer. If I try to view the Chron timer screen (which seems to say it's disabled) but does stay long enough for me to do anything because it is quickly replaced by a black screen telling me that there has been a problem which need reporting. This screen also puts in a far too brief appearance before returning me to tv viewing.

Is there a problem with the Chron Timer on the Vu zero or should I try a reflash?

Ant1942

Larry-G
11-04-15, 13:38
You should be able to retrieve a crash log for this event from the logs directory in /home/root/logs/ but the question that sticks out to me is why are you using a cron timer to schedule a EPG update when there is already a very powerful EPG plugin already built into the image by default.

Ant1942
11-04-15, 14:29
Thanks for the quick response Phoenix.
I had the box setup for a CrossEPG download daily at 6.00am. As I said "Download now" works fine but nothing happens at 6.00am. I expected to see this stored under ChronTimers and the result, on viewing, is the crash.
I've attached the log, if it is any use.
Ant1942

UPDATE:
I've just checked my Vu+ Uno and my assumption was wrong.......the CrossEPG timer is NOT stored under Chrontimer.
Never-the-less the *Timer for CrossEPG is not working.....where could I look for the problem?

birdman
11-04-15, 17:23
That error log looks weird (to me).

It reports an error on Screens/CronTimer.py, line 70, about not finding a "feedscheck" attribute in InstallPackageFailed. However , that function only contains:
def InstallPackageFailed(self, val):
self.close()No sign of a feedscheck in that.

BUT - the MC_Settings.py code in the bmediacenter plugin also contains a function of that name, and it is:
def InstallPackageFailed(self, val):
self.feedscheck.close()
self.close()

So is the wrong location being reported, or was the wrong function called?
I'll have to leave that to others to sort out.

Ant1942
14-04-15, 15:37
Problem was solved by re-flashing the Vu Zero. Now the epg loads daily as required.
The CRASH on opening the Chrontimer still exists but it's probably somewhere that I don't need to go anyway.
I wonder if I should report it somewhere and send the error log after this rebuild?

Ant1942

Larry-G
14-04-15, 17:39
Problem was solved by re-flashing the Vu Zero. Now the epg loads daily as required.
The CRASH on opening the Chrontimer still exists but it's probably somewhere that I don't need to go anyway.
I wonder if I should report it somewhere and send the error log after this rebuild?

Ant1942

Probably best to just hang fire until we release the successor to the Apollo series images and then see if the problem still exists there. There is little point us fixing issues in Apollo at the moment as it would require us to rebuild again and push back the release of the next image.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk