PDA

View Full Version : Mut@nt HD 2400 remote control

Cosmic Truth
11-04-15, 09:28
I received my Mut@nt HD 2400 on Thursday, and tried setting it up last night. It seems to be a good feceiver, but one there may be one problem, I don't know if the remote is faulty.

I thought the remote would come with some charge in it, but it didn't. No problem though, I connected it to a mini USB attached to my laptop, and I was able to use it.

That was last night, but when I disconnect the Mini USB from the remote, it doesn't work. It's been charging since last night, I'd have thought it would be fully charged by now.

Does it take a long time for the remote to work, without being connected to a Mini USB?

Larry-G
11-04-15, 09:41
It's possible you just have a faulty remote but I tend to find things do charge a lot slower via the USB port in my laptop as apposed to using a mains type USB charger. Either way it should have charged overnight, so maybe drop the sponsor a pm (assuming you get it from the sponsor).

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Cosmic Truth
11-04-15, 09:54
It's possible you just have a faulty remote but I tend to find things do charge a lot slower via the USB port in my laptop as apposed to using a mains type USB charger. Either way it should have charged overnight, so maybe drop the sponsor a pm (assuming you get it from the sponsor).

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I got it from WOS. I didn't know you could PM them on the forum. I'll look out for them.

Thanks for your reply phoenix. :thumbsup:

s1m0nw
11-04-15, 09:58
Gonna ask u a daft question have you turned the remote on??

I just tried it plugged in to charge and remote switched off snd it works but when its not charging it doesny work until i move the slider to the on position

Sicilian
11-04-15, 10:16
Removes screws bottom sides of the remote, slide off battery cover, check cable is connected to battery properly.

Cosmic Truth
11-04-15, 10:25
Gonna ask u a daft question have you turned the remote on??

I just tried it plugged in to charge and remote switched off snd it works but when its not charging it doesny work until i move the slider to the on position

That was what the problem was, doh ! :sofahide:

I didn't even realise there was a slider. I just assumed the remote would have a slight charge and work right away, which I daresay it probably would have if I had noticed there was a one/off slider on the side of the remote.

Thanks for your help guys.

For future reference, there's no such thing as a daft question, where you're dealing with me, as you've probably realised by now. :D

nsw9154
11-04-15, 11:58
Had my Mutant since last year and I did not realize that their was a slider at the bottom either :rolleyes: but mine has worked perfect since I received it only had to fully charge it up once since I got it :D

Cosmic Truth
11-04-15, 12:13
Had my Mutant since last year and I did not realize that their was a slider at the bottom either :rolleyes: but mine has worked perfect since I received it only had to fully charge it up once since I got it :D

I don't ever remember seeing a remote with an on of button for the actual remote, and I wouldn't have expected one to be on the side of the remote.

Still, the remote has been charged up overnight, so hopefully it should last a while before it needs recharged.

s1m0nw
11-04-15, 12:13
Am still curious as to what purpose the 3.5mm jack is all about on the remote

nsw9154
11-04-15, 14:30
Am still curious as to what purpose the 3.5mm jack is all about on the remote

Me as well :confused:

rossi2000
11-04-15, 14:31
can you not see the headphone icon next to hole?

nsw9154
11-04-15, 14:35
It just looks like a U to me and why would any one want to plug Headphones in to a remote control - :eek: even more confused now :confused::D

pluged a pair of Headphones in and nothing happened

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 10:36
I started having problems with the remote last night.

The receiver has been working like a dream until now, it's almost like an official box, but I recorded the football last night, and when I came in I fast forwarded to the incidents. When I was fast forwarding, I pressed play to stop the FF, but it kept going. I had to press the stop button few time to get it to stop, it wouldn't play.

Since then the remote is having difficulty working. It takes a few presses of the button to get anything to happen at all, like scrolling through the EPG etc, then when something does happen, it keeps on doing it, like it has a mind of it's own.

I tried unplugging the receiver, and restarting it, but it was still the same. I then left it unplugged overnight, and charged up the remote, in case it was low in charge, but it's still the same.

Does anyone know what I can do to get things back to normal?

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 11:44
Have you tried putting your remote on charge?

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 12:34
Have you tried putting your remote on charge?

Yes. I tried it last night with a USB plugged into it, and my laptop, but that made no difference. I left it charging overnight, and it's still the same this morning.

I don't know if it's a software issue, or a problem with the remote, but when I press a button on the remote, it doesn't respond, so I end up pressing it a few times, then it goes mental, as if someone is pressing buttons.

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 13:12
Doubt its software as mine is fine. When you charged it was your comp left on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 13:14
When you use Openwebif on your comp are you able to navigate without issues?

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 13:31
Doubt its software as mine is fine. When you charged it was your comp left on?

Yes mate. It was on all night.

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 13:32
When you use Openwebif on your comp are you able to navigate without issues?

I don't know what that is Andy.

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 13:37
On your computer, open internet explorer and type in your box i.p address 192.168. etc, to find your i.p address press menu, information, network (if you can use your remote that is) or if you know your i.p address to hand?

maxben
02-05-15, 13:51
Just a thought but does the green light on the remote come on whilst charging ?

The reason I ask is because the USB socket on my remote is very sloppy and I have to wiggle the plug around until the green light comes, tried differnt USB cables with same result.

btw, evidently the headphone socket doesn't work, the Roku3 I have has a headphone socket on the remote and is even supplied with ear buds and actually works very well for personal listening of what you are watching.

nsw9154
02-05-15, 14:18
Yes the Green light comes on when it is charging if you have not got the light it is NOT Charging and that will be your problem, i actually use my Galaxy S3 charger to charge mine

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 14:23
I have the receivers ip address Andy, I've tried typing it into Internet Explorer, but all I could see were links about locating the ip address.

Apparently, it's in Italy! I couldn't see anything to do with the receiver.

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 14:25
Just a thought but does the green light on the remote come on whilst charging ?

The reason I ask is because the USB socket on my remote is very sloppy and I have to wiggle the plug around until the green light comes, tried differnt USB cables with same result.

btw, evidently the headphone socket doesn't work, the Roku3 I have has a headphone socket on the remote and is even supplied with ear buds and actually works very well for personal listening of what you are watching.

Yes mate, it does.

Edit. It was on earlier, but I tried it again, with different mini USB leads, and it isn't lighting up now. When I wiggle the lead around the green light flickers.

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 14:29
In internet explorer where it says https:// you need to clear it n put your i.p address in

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 14:41
In internet explorer where it says https:// you need to clear it n put your i.p address in

I'm getting a message This page can’t be displayed. :confused:

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 14:55
You can't be inputting it right then

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 15:19
You can't be inputting it right then

Andy, according to the Adapter settings on the receiver the receivers ip address is 192.168.0.9, but when I type https://192.168.0.9/ I get a message that the page can't be displayed.

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 15:21
Yes the Green light comes on when it is charging if you have not got the light it is NOT Charging and that will be your problem, i actually use my Galaxy S3 charger to charge mine

I think that may be the problem.

I was sure the green light came on last night, but I've tried three different USB cables. I tried the Samsung S4 Mini cable, I tried a Nokia cable, amnd I tried another USB cable I had lying around, and the green light isn't coming on with any of them.. When I wiggle it around, the green light flickers, but doesn't stay on.

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 15:21
Can you navigate, menu, information, network and check your I.P address there?

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 15:39
Can you navigate, menu, information, network and check your I.P address there?

I did that, and it's 192.168.0.9

Andy_Hazza
02-05-15, 15:44
I'm baffled by it. Should open up OpenWebIf and on the left hand side you can use a menu and navigates through your box.

Cosmic Truth
02-05-15, 15:57
I'm baffled by it. Should open up OpenWebIf and on the left hand side you can use a menu and navigates through your box.

I tried it again, and I got OpenWebIf . I was able to change channels using that.

I think the problem is with the remote. The green light isn't coming on now, despite trying three different USB leads.

Thanks for your help Andy. You're a star. :thumbsup:

Cosmic Truth
03-05-15, 11:47
The remote isn't charging, but everything is back to normal. If it had been a lack of charge in the remote, which is only a month or so old, surely it wouldn't work now? It's a mystery.

At least the receiver is back to working well again, but I may need a new remote, as mine doesn't seem to be lighting up anymore when it's plugged in.

Sicilian
03-05-15, 14:17
One thing to remember, if the remote is fully charged the Green light may not come on. Also try another USB cable.

Cosmic Truth
03-05-15, 14:55
One thing to remember, if the remote is fully charged the Green light may not come on. Also try another USB cable.

I tried three different USB cables, but I did leave it charging overnight, so the remote would have been fully charged. Hopefully, that's the reason why the green light isn't coming on. :thumbsup:

xhemp
09-09-15, 20:41
I don't ever remember seeing a remote with an on of button for the actual remote, and I wouldn't have expected one to be on the side of the remote.

Still, the remote has been charged up overnight, so hopefully it should last a while before it needs recharged.
Trying to pm you but you gotta delete some inbox messages :)