PDA

View Full Version : Can't FTP anymore

doomdoom88
10-04-15, 16:13
Hello
I have tried to FTP to my box today and for some reason it says:
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Delaying connection for 1 second due to previously failed connection attempt...
Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error: Could not connect to server
I have tried leaving the password blank and I have tried different passwords:
Password
Passwd
Linuxsat
But I can’t get access to my box, does any have any ideas?
Doomdoom88

john doe
10-04-15, 16:49
have you change your password or are using default. username root password dreambox leave port blank

john doe
10-04-15, 16:56
have you change your password or are using default. username root password dreambox leave port blank

are you using mac or pc

doomdoom88
10-04-15, 17:04

I set the box up about 2 weeks ago and the password was Linuxsat, since then all I have done it watch tv on the box and then today I decided I wanted to clear some files up so I tried to FTP but now I can't :(

john doe
10-04-15, 17:08
can you try the root and dream box and see what happens. this issue could a couple of things

doomdoom88
10-04-15, 17:09
can you try the root and dream box and see what happens. this issue could a couple of things

What do you mean?

john doe
10-04-15, 17:12
login to your FTP program, your use FZ, and in host enter your IP (check this on your duo), then in username type root and password type dreambox and leave port blank. see if this works.

doomdoom88
10-04-15, 17:17
login to your FTP program, your use FZ, and in host enter your IP (check this on your duo), then in username type root and password type dreambox and leave port blank. see if this works.

Nope doesn't work :(

john doe
10-04-15, 17:24
have a look here this may help. https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?t=7876

i cant do much at the moment, as am going out for a curry. :D

iwg
10-04-15, 17:46
You can test whether you have the right username password combo by using telnet. Open a DOS CMD window on your PC then type telnet 192.168.1.3 and login as root with your chosen or default password (on my build this was initially blank). You should get a # prompt. If there is any doubt over the password, you can reset it here by typing "passwd root" and supplying a new value twice. And you could always reset the box with a quick "init 6" if the FTP service itself is suspect. Hope this helps :-)

abu baniaz
10-04-15, 18:38
There was an issue when the Vu drivers/kernel changed which prevented FTP from working. If you can answer following questions, a solution may be reached quickly

What image were you on? Name and number please.
What image are you on? (If different from above)
How did you get to the image you are on now? (Online update, USB flash with restore, USB flash without restore)

Please also note following:

It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespectve of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm done. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

satmanbasil
14-04-15, 22:14
Hi

Also double check your Ethernet cable is fully plugged In I had this problem once and found it to be the plug had just become slightly disconnected pushing it back did the trick on duo's they are prone to this problem

satmanbasil
14-04-15, 22:16
Hi again

also take a look at the network test see if it gives all the right answers IP etc and network connnection

mann
14-04-15, 22:54
Change wifi adapter or set up network on Ethernet.

Larry-G
14-04-15, 23:56
I set the box up about 2 weeks ago and the password was Linuxsat, since then all I have done it watch tv on the box and then today I decided I wanted to clear some files up so I tried to FTP but now I can't :(

Unfortunately that's what you get for using dodgy "backup images" where the author puts God knows what into them. We don't support these images as we have no way of knowing what has been done to them or how they have been tampered with. Best to learn how to setup a image for your self and if you need help just ask, that's what we are here for.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

satmanbasil
15-04-15, 10:14
HI

Did you check at the time the password was accepted if not then type root and see if that gets u in

gear259
15-04-15, 19:59
Im having the same problem today. Something updated and now FTP is broken with FZ
ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server