PDA

View Full Version : Loop through - necessary for single LNB feed on Vix?

ninjakettle
10-04-15, 09:50
The manual for this box suggests arranging loop through for a single feed setup. I.E. Use the "Output" connector of the first tuner the box to feed the input of the second tuner.
Is there any advantage to this (before i buy the cable) it seems that Vix already allows me to change to certain other channels when recording one?

mann
10-04-15, 10:16
The manual for this box suggests arranging loop through for a single feed setup. I.E. Use the "Output" connector of the first tuner the box to feed the input of the second tuner.
Is there any advantage to this (before i buy the cable) it seems that Vix already allows me to change to certain other channels when recording one?

You only need to do this if indeed it is needed.It may be uefull if your watching a channel and recording a channel in the same transponder otherwise you are faced with the same limitations of a single tuner as if you are recording that tuner is used and not available for you to watch a channel on a different transponder..it would be much better for you to have a dual lnb feed,

Rob van der Does
10-04-15, 11:17
....It may be uefull if your watching a channel and recording a channel in the same transponder otherwise you are faced with the same limitations of a single tuner as if you are recording that tuner is used and not available for you to watch a channel on a different transponder.....
No, that is not correct. For watching/recording/streaming services on the same transponder the same tuner will be used.
A loop through allows the second tuner to use other transponders, that are in the same 'quadrant' (Hor/Vert-High/Low). So yes: a loopthrough is always useful if a second LNB isn't available.