PDA

View Full Version : Freesat (like) EPG?

Morini
09-12-10, 17:44
Hi people,

New to the Vu+ Duo and have been busy playing since mine arrived earlier this week. So far I have lurked / read a lot of threads on here, successfully flashed the box to vix 1.3 and set up with silverfox0786 28.2E bouquets. Everything seems to be working fine but so far I have only set the Vu+ up in the playroom and not introduced it to the living room (and wife / kids) yet. This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to use the freesat EPG, or something similar, on this box? It would help a great deal with the WAF side of things if I could get it to behave in a similar way to the current box they are used to. Current box in living room is a Humax freesat HDR which will be destined for use in the playroom once I've got the Vu set up the way I want it. I'm guessing the answer to this question is no, but thought I would ask. A friend of a friend insists this is achievable on his dreambox, but I have not seen it in the flesh.

Ideally I would like to be able to switch between a "basic mode" when the wife or kids are using the Vu+ on their own and "full mode" when I am using it with multiple satellites. I have all the kit sititng here to go multi lnb with my current dish but because of the weather have not got round to fitting it yet. My aim is to have 13E, 19.2E and 28.2E off the one dish but currently it is 28.2E only and will stay that way until it warms up a bit ;-)

Great forum, by the way :)

irishchris
09-12-10, 17:56
there is a freesat epg mode in the customise settings in vix images. if you tune to any freesat channels it will autofill a 7 day guide for freesat channels. or there is crossepg which uses opentv source to achieve a 7 day guide for all 28.2 east channels by downloading from a radio channel. also can use crossepg to download epg for most foreign sats {using internet} when you set that up.

Morini
09-12-10, 18:19
there is a freesat epg mode in the customise settings in vix images. if you tune to any freesat channels it will autofill a 7 day guide for freesat channels. or there is crossepg which uses opentv source to achieve a 7 day guide for all 28.2 east channels by downloading from a radio channel. also can use crossepg to download epg for most foreign sats {using internet} when you set that up.

I've just checked and "enable freesat EPG" is set to yes under the customize menu. I have also been playing around with crossepg but am still a little confused when it comes to EPG's on these linux receivers. There seem to be many choices and ways to pull the EPG data. Don't they all conflict with each other?

Also, when I press "EPG" on the remote it brings up a list of bouquets not the EPG itself. Is there a way of changing this? That will certainly confuse the missus.