PDA

View Full Version : Help with setup of settings in Vix Menu

Flyingpig
07-04-15, 21:38
Hello All,,

I got the dish and motor up thanks to the help of the peeps on here - but that leads me to another question for my friends setup.

There is a motor which is Tuner B on the VU Duo, Tuner A is going straight to the LNB, now in the settings do I set the motor setting as tuner B and tuner a as equal to tuner B?

In the setting menu there is priority for tuner setting as A/B or Auto ---- what would you think is best to advise for the correct setup.

Thanks,

FP.

abu baniaz
07-04-15, 22:18
Is it a twin port LNB on the same motorised dish?

Flyingpig
07-04-15, 22:48
Yep,,,, I think so, it was purchased from WoS.. TM 2 Super Hi Gain Gold Twin LNB... And yes, it is on the same dish.

So a 1m Dish, attached to a TM motor, with a twin LNB - 2 cables from teh receiver going to the satellite, one to the motor and then on to the the LNB, and the other direct into the LNB...

What settings would you advise in the Tuner Setup and auto tuner preference?

Thanks,

EDIT --- There is a pic on the screen and all working, but when I tried to record one channel and watch another it went a bit pear shaped.

abu baniaz
07-04-15, 22:56
You set the one connected to the motor as normal. The one that goes direct to the 2nd port of the LNB, you set as 2nd cable of motorised LNB.

I leave my priorities on automatic.

Flyingpig
07-04-15, 22:59
Thanks Abu.... Will check and amend tomorrow.

Should I leave prioty as Auto or set the tuner to the motor as priority ?? Thanks again!! Top man!