PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-XMLTV] Openbox F5s - XMLTV Update - EPG Decompress Failed! Please Check Disk Free Volume

gray
05-04-15, 23:27
Hi,

Newbie alert!!!

I have been having issues with updating my EPG data for UK. Haven't found much information and was hoping that someone on here could help me...

The disk drive has plenty of space on it so that isnt the issue.

Is there a way I can change the source of the XML feed to something reliable?

Any help would be great as this keeps on happening and I need correct EPG data.

Kindest regards,
Graham.

kris07
04-05-15, 19:40
Hi i'm having the same issues with my F5s box as well. The standard EPG on these boxes are awful, i hope someone out there can help us!!:violin:

Andy_Hazza
04-05-15, 22:28
Hi i'm having the same issues with my F5s box as well. The standard EPG on these boxes are awful, i hope someone out there can help us!!:violin:

You get what you pay for at the end of the day. These boxes are a huge pile of turd. You are better off investing in an e2 receiver, million times better than the ones you have. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cactikid
05-05-15, 00:25
aye many dont listen when told to avoid certain boxes,plenty of research done before buying?pity cross epg dont work as it does on ours.:alien:

samsid
05-05-15, 00:57
sadly no cure as yet guys some changes made by the provider , that require addressing by the box makers, via firmware release, your issue has been known
for a few months now, so it doesn't look good

kris07
05-05-15, 20:17
Andy_Hazza I cut my cloth on this box and now i've upgraded to a Vu+duo but i still use the F5s up stairs, agreed there cheap and nasty but we all have to start some where and it still does its job so i'm not investing or upgrading until it dies!! But.... Without the upgraded EPG working i might stick it on fleebay and have a look at the e2 receiver you suggested.