PDA

View Full Version : Tune failed etc

hammertime
05-04-15, 22:21
This is doing my tits in. I randomly get tune failed message when changing channels, seems to be worse when recording and sometimes channels appear to be recording but when try to play it, nothing.

Also, any time a do a full reboot i need to restart Cccam. How do i get this to stick?

Im on cable tuners. Checked terrestrial channels and they are fine. Cabling and connectors fine also. Its either drivers or flaky tuners and having spent over 300 quid on this box id be disgusted if its the latter.

Does this box take blackhole image? Would like to see if i have better success with another image.

Andy_Hazza
05-04-15, 22:53
I have a Mut@nt n no issues here. Sicilian has a Mut@nt, also does Norm n also reports of no issues. It could be just a basic user error. You sure all the connectors/cabling are ok n full working order?
As for your cam settings, press blue, softcam manager, is your cam showing with a green tick?

Sicilian
06-04-15, 06:20
Use CCcam 2.3.

Ensure you have direct feeds to each tuner from a decent splitter.

What tuner setup do you have? Sat? Hybrid? How many of each?

Bazzer
06-04-15, 13:09
None of the above mentioned issues with my Mutant :thumbsup:

hammertime
10-04-15, 19:14
Use CCcam 2.3.

Ensure you have direct feeds to each tuner from a decent splitter.

What tuner setup do you have? Sat? Hybrid? How many of each?

Yeah using CCcam 2.3.0.

Here's the thing, this is mind boggling, if I have two feeds one directly into each tuner (2x Hybrid), I get tune failed etc. However, if I then add a loop through cable it's fine. What the hell?

I've tried three different splitters in combos with three different sets of cables.

So the tune failed issue seems fine when the loop through is used but over the last couple of days channels have been freezing for 5 minutes. Also if I reboot the receiver, the cam needs restarted every time, a major pain in the arse.

Is there any logs or anything I can get off the box to take a look at to see what the problem might be.

May I also add that zapping on my Vu+ Duo was 3-4x faster than this Mut@nt.

Sicilian
10-04-15, 19:17
What tuners do u have to? Sat or hybrid? I'm assuming free to air are fine? Do u have you own local card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hammertime
10-04-15, 19:22
What tuners do u have to? Sat or hybrid? I'm assuming free to air are fine? Do u have you own local card?

2x Hybrid tuners. Same problem with free to air.

Sicilian
10-04-15, 19:34
Sounds like u have a possible signal issue.

To test the tuners set both to DVB-t2, connect standard tv aerial and run manual scans on each tuner.

No way duo zaps faster than hd2400.

abu baniaz
10-04-15, 19:39
I find this connection odd.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44796-Recording-more-than-2-channels&p=348646&viewfull=1#post348646

Do you have the male adapters? From F-plug to Belling-Lee

Sicilian
10-04-15, 19:54
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44796-Recording-more-than-2-channels&p=348646&viewfull=1#post348646

Thought I remembered that post, but couldn't find where it was.

hammertime
10-04-15, 20:08

That connection worked, no matter how odd it seems, which is what I find odd.

However the feeds are in the top inputs and the loopthrough on the bottom.

hammertime
10-04-15, 20:09

Yeah I do mate.

Sicilian
10-04-15, 20:12
If you are using loop thru do exactly this.

1) connect main feed to TOP of Tuner A.
2) connect good quality loop cable from bottom of Tuner A to Top of Tuner B.

hammertime
10-04-15, 20:13
If you are using loop thru do exactly this.

1) connect main feed to TOP of Tuner A.
2) connect good quality loop cable from bottom of Tuner A to Top of Tuner B.

Thats exactly how its connected.

Sicilian
10-04-15, 20:15
I give up, read what's been post and look at the pictures you've just posted.

hammertime
10-04-15, 20:19
Ok just corrected it and moved loopthrough from bottom of B to top of B. See what happens...

Sicilian
10-04-15, 20:20
Ok good.

Now run an ABM scan please and post if all channels are found.

hammertime
10-04-15, 20:44
0 channels found on both tuners set to DVB-T2 and using predefined config. Now running a complete scan and 0 channels so far.

When this is done, will try again using another aerial cable just incase.

It doesn't matter if CCcam is on or off for terrestrial does it?

Sicilian
10-04-15, 20:47
My last post above I meant run autobouquetsmaker maker scan on cable now that you've connected correctly, but make sure you set both tuners back to DVB-c.

hammertime
10-04-15, 20:59
My last post above I meant run autobouquetsmaker maker scan on cable now that you've connected correctly, but make sure you set both tuners back to DVB-c.

Ok will try that. Incidentally, no channels found on t2 from either tuner (possible I didn't set something right), I'm in postcode KY1 which is Black Hill so set it to scan this and nothing. I then took the aerial cable out the box and into the aerial input on telly with built in freeview and ran a scan which picked up all channels.

Will try setting it all back to cable and rescanning ABM.

Sicilian
10-04-15, 21:04
I can't post screenshots of correct settings until tomorrow.

Do the ABM scan as advised. The scan will automatically use Tuner B provided you've set both tuners to DVB-c. Then once you go back to viewing tv it will default back to A if you're not recording.

hammertime
10-04-15, 21:07
"Timeout for tuner lock" on ABM scan.

After changing tuner config and cabling I rebooted box, had to then go in and restart CCcam as always, then picture from channel appeared. Went ahead with ABM scan and got the above message, channels still appear working for now. Will report if there's freezing if it happens.

Sicilian
10-04-15, 21:14
Ok, connect the main feed to top of Tuner B and run the ABM scan again.

If zero again, connect main feed back to top of Tuner A, set tuner B to DVB-t2 so the ABM DVB-c scan is forced to TUNER A. Post result.

judge
10-04-15, 22:49
"Timeout for tuner lock" on ABM scan.

After changing tuner config and cabling I rebooted box, had to then go in and restart CCcam as always, then picture from channel appeared. Went ahead with ABM scan and got the above message, channels still appear working for now. Will report if there's freezing if it happens.

This thread is getting extremely confusing to read.
When you follow Abus & Sicilians advice & fix the feeds to your tuners properly, can you post a pic of your tuners with cables plugged in so we know it's been done right.
Active feed to tuner A input, loopthrough cable from tuner A output to tuner B input.
Then also post a screenshot of your tuner config settings & your ABM settings after an E2 restart.
You could also be damaging your tuners or motherboard by sending powered signals to the wrong inputs, so most important to fix that first & derermine you haven't caused any damage.

hammertime
12-04-15, 23:47
Feeds to tuners, ABM, tuner a, tuner b.

I think the freezing issue might have been down to the screw on connectors. i changed these 3 times and got the same problem then since the 4th change the freezing hasnt occured as yet.

Still have the issue of having to start cccam upon full reboot and slow zapping.

I do appreciate the assistance despite me not reading posts correctly.

abu baniaz
12-04-15, 23:53
Have you enabled startup of the Softcam? It will have a tick next to it if you have.

judge
13-04-15, 00:51
Pic 1 finally looks good, now what are you trying & expecting to feed to tuner B?

hammertime
13-04-15, 09:22
Have you enabled startup of the Softcam? It will have a tick next to it if you have.

No box was unticked, ticked now and it starts up itself around 10 seconds after channel bar pops up.

Thanks for your patience guys, totally new to Vix/Cable.

hammertime
13-04-15, 09:22
Pic 1 finally looks good, now what are you trying & expecting to feed to tuner B?

Trying to get a cable feed to Tuner B.

abu baniaz
13-04-15, 10:36
Trying to get a cable feed to Tuner B.
You already have one going by picture.

hammertime
13-04-15, 10:44
You already have one going by picture.
Yeah. Was just answering his question bud.

Can anything be done to improve zapping speed? Its about 3-4 seconds from pressing ok to the picture appearing. Not sure if that is a feed thing or a box thing.

Sicilian
13-04-15, 17:40
Yeah. Was just answering his question bud.

Can anything be done to improve zapping speed? Its about 3-4 seconds from pressing ok to the picture appearing. Not sure if that is a feed thing or a box thing.

Yes, get yourself a local card and change your softcam.