PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] timeout for tuner lock

leonius
05-04-15, 21:42
just did a fresh flash to Apollo 155 on my vu+ uno now epg will not work

when I go in crosspeg epg I set opentv to sky uk then update both rytek and xepgdb

but when I download now I get the starting downloader message but then it stops then I get a message CROSSEPG ERROR-timed out for tuner lock

is there a fix for this at all

thanks

Andy_Hazza
05-04-15, 21:57
Version 163 is the latest build not 155. Can you try this?

leonius
05-04-15, 22:20
yes will try know I had 155 on my desktop, just seen the latest
will try now

abu baniaz
05-04-15, 22:21
Your tuner is not locking to the transponder that has the data.

Are your tuners set correctly?
If they are set correctly, you may have an alignment issue.

leonius
05-04-15, 22:30
just did a flash to 163 and still getting the same issue

leonius
05-04-15, 22:38
how can I found out if its an alignment issue, all my channels are showing fine and signal is above 90%

abu baniaz
05-04-15, 22:40
How many tuners does your receiver have?
Do they all have cables from LNB?
What is each tuner configured as?

leonius
05-04-15, 22:45
i have a twin tuner vu+uno both cables are connected to LNB
i have both tuners set to 28.2east

leonius
05-04-15, 22:50
before today i was using a really old build and crossepg was working fine

Andy_Hazza
05-04-15, 22:57
just did a fresh flash to Apollo 155 on my vu+ uno now epg will not work

when I go in crosspeg epg I set opentv to sky uk then update both rytek and xepgdb

but when I download now I get the starting downloader message but then it stops then I get a message CROSSEPG ERROR-timed out for tuner lock

is there a fix for this at all

thanks

Why are you using both rytek and xepgdb? For 28.2 I just use OpenTV 28.2 n I get full populated 7 day guide no problems.

abu baniaz
05-04-15, 22:58
Disable one tuner at a time, and perform a scan as per this screenshot. Please repeat with both tuners. Thanks.

leonius
05-04-15, 23:00
i use opentv. i just select update rytek and xepgdb providers before i select download now. i have always done it that way

leonius
05-04-15, 23:08
ok i did that and when i selected tuner b, no channels found so then went into sat finder and no signal
i guess the problem lies with tuner b

abu baniaz
05-04-15, 23:16
Yes, problem is currently related to tuner B, not necessarily tuner B itself.

Do you want to fault find? You will have to be systematic. You can do some tests now and some tomorrow during the day.

leonius
05-04-15, 23:25
i think it may be a loose connection.am testing now will update
thanks very much abu

abu baniaz
05-04-15, 23:28
Maybe loose connection, a bit of of braid touching center wire, not enough braid.Removing f -plug and re-fitting is surest way of checking.

leonius
06-04-15, 00:01
Maybe loose connection, a bit of of braid touching center wire, not enough braid.Removing f -plug and re-fitting is surest way of checking.
yes that was the problem.been doing this hobby for 3 years now and still feel like a newb

thanks very much for your help and info mate

The Lambton Worm
10-04-15, 12:19
I'm getting the same problem on my Vu+ Duo2 running ViX 165. I have 2 twin DVB-S2 tuners with three connected to my Sky dish and one to my motorised dish. The three connections to my Sky dish are set to advanced (this set-up works best for me). When CrossEpg worked it always used my motorised dish for some reason but now I get the same error as the OP.

abu baniaz
10-04-15, 13:24
Can you upload the file called "settings". It is located in /etc/enigma2

The Lambton Worm
11-04-15, 08:36
I tried disabling all but one tuner and narrowed it down the one that was causing the problem. Turns out I had a loose connection and as soon as i tightened the connection everything worked perfectly.

mickyrobbo1
05-11-15, 00:40
Thanks I kept changing images on my vu+ uno changing vix and black hole etc as my crossepg wouldnt work and i guess it was loose wiring from me taking out my twin tunner cables and trying other boxes as i have a different box in each room in the house :) and getting on like a real rodney :) trying different images on them so this means no more pulling the cables out thanks again.

cheers
Mickyrobbo1