PDA

View Full Version : VIX 1.4 suggestions..

mase2hot
09-12-10, 13:08
Hi,

Installed VIX 1.3 and very impressed so far. Real well done to all those involved. Couldn't find a suggestions thread anywhere.

One I just though of not sure if its possible but while flicking through various channels via the info bar it would be good if you could see a mini window of what is currently playing on that channel. I presume this is technically possible as we have a dual tuner? Obviosuly I have no idea if this is like re-designing the wheel....lol

Thanks

irishchris
09-12-10, 13:16
i dont think is possible as pip is not possible with the vu+ duo

andyblac
09-12-10, 13:17
Hi,

Installed VIX 1.3 and very impressed so far. Real well done to all those involved. Couldn't find a suggestions thread anywhere.

One I just though of not sure if its possible but while flicking through various channels via the info bar it would be good if you could see a mini window of what is currently playing on that channel. I presume this is technically possible as we have a dual tuner? Obviosuly I have no idea if this is like re-designing the wheel....lol

Thanks

no, the Vu Duo, does not have the hardware for DUAL decoding. tis has been ask many times before

dfdream
09-12-10, 13:22
Andy a legacy Enigma1 feature that I miss (and others too it seems) was that channels with parental control were hidden.
I know that this was never in Enigma2 but its so amazing what you have done with this image I said I'd throw it in there.
Your tallents know no bounds.

D

mase2hot
09-12-10, 13:26
no, the Vu Duo, does not have the hardware for DUAL decoding. tis has been ask many times before

Is it not the same priciple as watching one channel while recording another? As this is dual decoding at the same time?

pooface
09-12-10, 14:39
Is it not the same priciple as watching one channel while recording another? As this is dual decoding at the same time?

That's not processing the picture to display it on screen though... As andy says, it has been discussed many times. It is not possible with the current hardware, so will not be able to be done!

mase2hot
09-12-10, 14:41
Fair enough, matter closed. As for suggestions is there a suggestion thread?

RogerThis
10-12-10, 12:55
Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is USB DVB-T support on the next build release of ViX 1.4 for the WinTV Nova-T. I have been a very good boy all year. I brush my teeth every night. And help Mammy when ever I can.

Thanks,
Roger

GiP
10-12-10, 13:37
I think that the most needed thing is a manual!

There is a lot of stuff (nice, clever stuff!) that you don't even know you can do unless you happen to read a post somewhere and someone mentions it.

G

Larry-G
10-12-10, 13:51
Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is USB DVB-T support on the next build release of ViX 1.4 for the WinTV Nova-T. I have been a very good boy all year. I brush my teeth every night. And help Mammy when ever I can.

Thanks,
Roger

buy one for the dev team then they may be able to work some thing up for you.

RogerThis
10-12-10, 14:41
buy one for the dev team then they may be able to work some thing up for you.

I have already!

silverfox0786
10-12-10, 15:10
I have already!

yes rogerthisr did and the dev team has got one now for looking into it

Palinkat
10-12-10, 15:49
Really like the new VIX EPG. Just wondering if there is a way of showing what's left of the event, like a +XYZ mins or a progress bar. If not, I would suggest the feature for the next version.

Thanks a lot

jd58
10-12-10, 16:13
Yes I would like to see a VU+ manual for the image to explain in simple terms what things do - this site does something Vg for the PLi image
http://www.pli-images.org/modules/wiki/index.php?wakka=vuplus"]http://www.pli-images.org/modules/wiki/index.php?wakka=vuplus

silverfox0786
10-12-10, 16:14
Yes I would like to see a VU+ manual for the image to explain in simple terms what things do - this site does something Vg for the PLi image http://www.pli-images.org/modules/wiki/index.php?wakka=vuplus

i'll ask andy and sic and see what they say and i will try make one.

if its ok with them i'll try to aim it fo rvix 1.3 if not vix 1.4

pooface
10-12-10, 16:19
Really like the new VIX EPG. Just wondering if there is a way of showing what's left of the event, like a +XYZ mins or a progress bar. If not, I would suggest the feature for the next version.

Thanks a lot

There is a setting for that, but it only works in the bouquet's list. It's just a little progress bar next to the channel. Dunno whether we'd be able to implement it in to the quickepg/infobar...

As for the vixepg, it's shown by a little timeline that shows where abouts the current time is. In the screen below, it's just about 9:55, and you can see what's on in teal, and how long left is after that little line...

http://b.imagehost.org/0511/VIX_EPG.png

harryoz
10-12-10, 17:34
Yes I would like to see a VU+ manual for the image to explain in simple terms what things do - this site does something Vg for the PLi image http://www.pli-images.org/modules/wiki/index.php?wakka=vuplus

That is a really GREAT suggestion , thanks m8!!

Larry-G
10-12-10, 17:45
I have already!

well good on you then. at least some one here helps the dev team rather than point blank demanding support.

Palinkat
10-12-10, 19:33
There is a setting for that, but it only works in the bouquet's list. It's just a little progress bar next to the channel. Dunno whether we'd be able to implement it in to the quickepg/infobar...

As for the vixepg, it's shown by a little timeline that shows where abouts the current time is. In the screen below, it's just about 9:55, and you can see what's on in teal, and how long left is after that little line...

http://b.imagehost.org/0511/VIX_EPG.png

Thanks Pooface, Now that you mention it I didn't notice the timeline because the colour is nearly the same as the hour mark, and I have to say I am bit colour blind or so the wife says :)

Cheers

Palinkat
12-12-10, 09:53
Hey Pooface,

The Event title doesn't show next to the time for me like it does for you. Checked settings and cannot find one for that.
Also, would it be possible to have the bouquet title showing next to Programme Guide like it does in Bouquet view?

Cheers

sonc
13-12-10, 14:25
Hey Pooface,

The Event title doesn't show next to the time for me like it does for you. Checked settings and cannot find one for that.
Also, would it be possible to have the bouquet title showing next to Programme Guide like it does in Bouquet view?

Cheers

I have the same question. It was there in Vix1.2, but not in 1.3. I've tried various settings but can't get the event title back.

bob1
30-12-10, 17:48
Will vix1.4 have the dvb-t tuners with the help from Houdini ?

bobonthejob
30-12-10, 17:55
It is in development...and im sure we will see something soon ;)

peeks
31-12-10, 00:54
Will there be a satellite movement screen in VIX 1.4?
There is one that works in Blackhole1.4.2-VUDuo-Full_Motor_BackUP-ByFerret

bobonthejob
31-12-10, 00:59
If u mean the image that flashes for
Sat movement then I believe this will be addressed by the new drivers. :)

peeks
31-12-10, 01:00
Yeah that's what I mean. Is this fixed in the drivers from 5.5 then?

bobonthejob
31-12-10, 01:03
I believe so.

RogerThis
31-12-10, 01:36
It is in development...and im sure we will see something soon ;)

If I was a betting man I'd say the release date is 16/1/'11

irishchris
31-12-10, 02:49
Why this date??? Am I missing something here? 1.3 has only recently been released. Andy needs time to work on 1.4 and also to have a christmas break. I'd imagine you were right with the year but don't know about the date :)

silverfox0786
31-12-10, 03:59
proberly his birthday or something,

the funny thing is out of coincident the offical rlease date of vix 1.3 is my d'day lol

anyway as irishchris say you got quite a wait 2 weeks is no way near the date not that a date is set but realisticly
it needs to be made then beta tested so logically work it out your self
not for a bit mate lol

RogerThis
31-12-10, 09:28
So, you are saying 10 days or so after the official 5.6 is released. We should have 5.6 by the 28/1/'11. So the revised date is the 13/2/'11. Giving a 2.5 month build cycle, around the same as build 1.3

silverfox0786
31-12-10, 12:26
this thread is starting to get pointless now even andy has no date on release we dont go by a time scale but rather a satisfaction of all dev members as i have mentions in a similar thread about 1.3 which was a pointless thread too

and in the words of the coder before i say today it will be ready when it is ready

mickbrush
31-12-10, 12:55
I just can not beleive the direction this thread has gone in and would sugest if it does not get back on track that it is closed. The thread was started to discus / sugest improvments for the next release. So to get things back on track I would love to see BBC & ITV player added also start at bouquets as an EPG option. I dont care at all how long it takes for the next release and time limits will only lead to disapointments. For my own personal preferance I am still using 1.2 and I am a happy bunny.

bob1
31-12-10, 14:12
Obviously my fault ,every time a ask a legit question about an up coming image it goes pear shaped ,everyone knows it will be done when its done and not sooner.
I haven't even tried vix 1.3 as i was waiting for dvb-t support ,its obviously on it way which is good enough for me.

Venkku
31-12-10, 15:23
White subtitles with thin black borders, please.

niteman1969
02-01-11, 19:18
Turning on and off for kernel modules / drivers with an autostart feature.
Hopefully this would get my smartreader+ working.

If not then support for phoenix rs232 cardreaders.

eysibey
02-01-11, 19:27
1.4 çok iyi olmak en güzel yapmak yoksa

bassethound
02-01-11, 19:32
1.4 çok iyi olmak en güzel yapmak yoksa

English only please!

Morini
03-01-11, 12:04
Firstly, I'd like to say that I think vix1.3 is great. It is the only image I have used so far and I cannot see any reason to change to anything else. It is a real credit to the devs on here who obviously work very hard on it.

Regarding enhancements for future releases there is one thing I miss since swapping my humax freesat HDR box for the vu+. On the humax when setting up series recordings it could be configured to automatically place the recordings in a subfolder with the series title as the folder name. I have not found a way of making the vu+ do this, though I concede it may be possible as the options can be quite overwhelming (if it is possible then it isn't obvious). Currently I work around the issue by manually creating a subfolder via a shell session and then modifying the autotimer to store recordings in the manually created folder. It would be great if the vu could do this automatically or even provide an eay way to create new folders / subdirectories from the gui without having to resort to firing up a ssh session.

Keep up the great work :-)

sebhki
03-01-11, 22:48
Hi,
found out about ViX few days ago, and I have to say it's the best image tested (I think I tested a good dozen !)
imho, it misses only dvb-t (which is, I understand, on the way) and maybe the possibility to access catch up TV like m6replay.fr, http://www.pluzz.fr.
As well, streaming videos from mega video would be great ....

Hamram
04-01-11, 14:19
White subtitles with thin black borders, please.

This is something one can edit... I've done it, but can't remember the actual folder/file, here I sit right now. If you're interested in trying, I could always direct you a bit later, if you still haven't sorted it out. Send me a PM or something, so this thread is not corrupted by smalltalk. :)

By the way, I second the wish for white (or off-white) subs. ;)

Hamram
04-01-11, 14:24
I miss the autocam feature I had using DE Black Hole. If it is not to difficult to apply, it sure would be nice if it could appear in the VIX-images as well.

steve1978
04-01-11, 14:58
For me the image is perfect! no brown nosing it really is. why would i want freeview 3rd tuner support! no not for me thanks. very happy with what i have. If i could chose any updates it would be improvments in the playback of MKV files. full 1080 stuff that would be good. Auto timer improvments would also be nice.

Finally i think someone mentioed earlier that things were not always obvious. i agree, the image has so many features that alot of people may not use, a simple, intermediate and advanced menu would be nice. hiding away all those features that the average jo may not need. (people like my wife) if i could ask for anything it would be to make it more user friendly by hiding away a lot of the options.

I could enable advanced mode, set it up then set it back to user mode. all the gubbins for epg sources and like would dissapear.

nzdream
04-01-11, 15:11
I would also like to say thank you for the fantastic 1.3 Image  and in no way would I want to rush Andy and his team to release 1.4. I will however make some suggestion for new features:

1. DVB-T Support
2. An easy/automated way for auto timings to end up in a folder
3. Web Browser on the box so things like ORB can be accessed
4. BBC I Player, ITV Player and other catch-up TV Support
5. A better media player so the VU can be used as a more user friendly music player.

I understand that some of these have already been mentioned in this thread.

sivhead
04-01-11, 17:58
I dont actually use the Vix Image at the mo. but would like to see the following if not already available.

1) HD Picons that match up to B16MCC engima2 settings downloadable from plugins. I would like the Picons to automatically update on my usb key when transponders have have changed. this way B16MCC will always be updated and picons will always be updated.
2) to be able to remove the numbers from Channels such as B16MCC within an option from the Vix image.
3) Magic-EHD Skin or more available skins, I remember last time I tested Vix I seem to remember there were limited skins
4) Any updates to cams available in plugins such as Mgcamd 1.35a patched
5) Sat aNgels or similiar available in plugins
6) I would like the ability to assign a specific EPG to the single press of the EPG button, not sure if this is possible or not. (Allthough reading through comments on the VixTeam images the single press EPG does look better than other teams images..

If the above are already available I would re-flash as of tomorrow. I seem to be using this forum more more,,,,, hey great community.

silverfox0786
04-01-11, 18:55
1. being worked on by me to reflect b16mcc i work very closely with b16mcc to keep his bouquets upto date along with other members

2. that is a plugin that is a pc based program it wont be done in the box as the plugin is something that b16mcc has said to me personally that he wont be doing [ nothing to do with vix its a plugin issue]

3. more skins are being worked on as i type

4. when a new cam is released it is put up in the feeds [no mods or hacks will be though]

5. satangels breaches forum rulels thus was removed in vix 1.2

6. Andy has aleady said no promices but he will see what he can do

ESM
04-01-11, 19:25
I would love to see a subtiteling system as PLi has. Nice small white with thin black borders. And, most important: on the right spot on the screen. Centered near the bottom and not three lines from top to bottom as it is now.

silverfox0786
04-01-11, 19:29
the subtitles are being looked at also its been mentioned but considering getting the image to actually work the subs are small fry in comparison

ESM
04-01-11, 19:46
That's what I heard before and I don't agree. For me the subs are very important. And having them all over the screen is terrible. Not Vix fault by the way. I know that the Vu+ people themselves are responsible for this scenario. Blame to them! I hope Mike can fix it.

beezo
07-01-11, 04:17
hi guys, i feelbad even mentioning something to add to the next imae as i really appreciate all the work that u guys do. Just wish I was as clever as u guys and then maybe I could help yer out but in the mean time could i ask this

i know we have a parental control but it doesnt seem to work. Ive set my pin and told it to protect the setup menu but it still allows me in without re-entering my pin. would it somehow be possible to password protect the whole of the setup menu so that children/ people that dont know what they are doing lol dont mess about with it and change things by accident

would really appreciate it

silverfox0786
07-01-11, 04:34
hi guys, i feelbad even mentioning something to add to the next imae as i really appreciate all the work that u guys do. Just wish I was as clever as u guys and then maybe I could help yer out but in the mean time could i ask this

i know we have a parental control but it doesnt seem to work. Ive set my pin and told it to protect the setup menu but it still allows me in without re-entering my pin. would it somehow be possible to password protect the whole of the setup menu so that children/ people that dont know what they are doing lol dont mess about with it and change things by accident

would really appreciate it

as far as i am aware this is a vuplus bug and is present in all images untill vuplus fix it

dnme
13-01-11, 03:19
Dear Santa,

Thanks,
Roger

+1
Me too. BTW Thanks for VIX, I love it.

GiP
13-01-11, 11:42
I'd like to see fixed the "Delete old movies from Trash after N days".
Doing it one by one by hand is for some reason very very slow....

G

dfdream
13-01-11, 12:02
Gip I think that option is already there.
In Setup...System....Record there is an option to Remove Items from trash in number of days.
Default is 8.
One thing Im currently testing latest PLi but Im nearly certain twas in Vix 1.3 as well...

GiP
13-01-11, 12:15
Gip I think that option is already there.
In Setup...System....Record there is an option to Remove Items from trash in number of days.
Default is 8.
One thing Im currently testing latest PLi but Im nearly certain twas in Vix 1.3 as well...

Yes, it's there, but it doesn't work. That's why I'd like it 'fixed".
G

silverfox0786
13-01-11, 12:20
yes it is in VIX as standard it does not need setting up it does it automatically

GiP
13-01-11, 12:36
yes it is in VIX as standard it does not need setting up it does it automatically

You mean the "delete old files from .Trash" ? I cannot make it work. With the default , or a different number of days, my .Trash still fills up.
G

charliesen
13-01-11, 14:30
Just had a look and your right Gip. I've still got stuff in mine from 24-10-10

silverfox0786
13-01-11, 14:51
will get andy to look into it

you guys are on 1.3 and full software update

GiP
13-01-11, 14:56
will get andy to look into it

you guys are on 1.3 and full software update

Yes, 1.3 updated.

I already reported it to andy some time ago, and I sort of remember then in one of the "Vix 1.3 Real Soon Now" messages he said that it was fixed (or he was fixing it), but it seems it's not, so I am putting it as a request for 1.4.....

G

silverfox0786
13-01-11, 14:59
yes i remember that clearly and pooface tested it very extensivly

andy had thousands of lines to code and made it tethered moving

dnme
13-01-11, 17:41
When using EPG to create a timer, if the user chooses "Zap" instead of "Record", can the timespan be shortened to just say the starting minute of the show rather than the normal show time plus pre and post padding? That way it helps to avoid timer conflicts.

Stanman
13-01-11, 20:11
I'd like to see fixed the "Delete old movies from Trash after N days".
Doing it one by one by hand is for some reason very very slow....

G

Highlight trashcan and press menu or it may be you have to be in trashcan and menu than there is an option to empty trashcan, deletes everything.