PDA

View Full Version : TM 3T powering options

Manny92
05-04-15, 17:32
Hi all I wanted to ask a question..

When my TM is on standby most of the time, as I about to head off to bed I switch all my TV equipment off at the mains, when I wake up the following morning when I switch everything back on the box starts to boot up is there a way that when I switch all my TV equipment off that the box just is on standby like my Kryptview A780 instead of me using the power button at the back of the box?

Many thanks.

kegnkiwi
05-04-15, 19:30
Leave it on a socket on its own and just put it in standby from the remote and leave it with power. Its basically a computer if you kill its power it will always reboot.

abu baniaz
05-04-15, 19:44
Normal standby only kills the display. Deep standby is the energy saving one.

You can use a power timer to put it into deep standby after a set amount of time after normal standby.

Manny92
06-04-15, 18:03
Thanks lads, i've used a power timer when the box is on standby for 20mins it'll go off to deep standby

cactikid
06-04-15, 19:28
and what about epg or abm scans in deep sleep??

Manny92
07-04-15, 18:01
and what about epg or abm scans in deep sleep??

My epg update is set at 06.45 daily

my abm scan is set at 07.00 daily

Is that a problem @cactikid?

Larry-G
07-04-15, 18:18
Neither ABM nor the EPG can wake a receiver from deep standby to perform a scan, so if you do use deep standby you must either use power timers to schedule a wake and sleep cycle around your EPG and ABM scans or schedule the scans to take place at a time when you know the receiver will be in use. Regular standby does not have this issue as the receiver is basically still running full pelt, with the just the audio and video feeds closed down.