PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate images for working Network browsing

jassie
05-04-15, 00:52
I have had a few problems with setting up my duo2 and solo2 on a network to view each others HDD recordings, it worked on recently used images, which ones they were I don't recall, I have read here issues crop up on cetain images, what combination of images will get me settled to a working combination and won't give the error directory does not exist? I have nfs enabled on both receivers:confused: Thanks

cactikid
05-04-15, 01:15
nfs works on all mine with no issues.

Larry-G
05-04-15, 05:30
I have never had a problem with any version of ViX when it comes to networking boxes together, every one of my boxes is on a different build and all of them work fine, just make sure you install NFS from the network subsection and samba and you will be fine.

jassie
06-04-15, 01:12
nfs was already enabled, but samba was always coming up as feeds down, I thought you only required one or the other. Now samba is allowing enblement and receiver has restarted, I have deleted the previous failing mounts and reset them and the option on collapsing appear differently and finally things are working:thumbsup:

One thing I reccomend is setting the i.p's on both stb's as static as everytime they restart they can pull in different i.p's totalling making a mess of the network mounts:p

cactikid
06-04-15, 08:30
and were back to samba again which works on the faster boxes but not on the older models?:confused:

Walt
06-04-15, 08:41
To watch the recordings on my duo2 from my zero, I mounted the duo2 hdd on the zero. Works great.

john doe
06-04-15, 09:25
To watch the recordings on my duo2 from my zero, I mounted the duo2 hdd on the zero. Works great.

same here. works a treat.

Larry-G
06-04-15, 11:53
nfs was already enabled, but samba was always coming up as feeds down, I thought you only required one or the other. Now samba is allowing enblement and receiver has restarted, I have deleted the previous failing mounts and reset them and the option on collapsing appear differently and finally things are working:thumbsup:

One thing I reccomend is setting the i.p's on both stb's as static as everytime they restart they can pull in different i.p's totalling making a mess of the network mounts:p

Neither NFS nor samba are preinstalled in any ViX image, we removed them several years ago to keep the image size down. We just left the headers in the image allowing them to be easily and quickly installed from the feeds by simply clicking on the header and following the onscreen prompt.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Larry-G
06-04-15, 11:55
and were back to samba again which works on the faster boxes but not on the older models?:confused:

Personally I think the likes of the solo should be discontinued as far as image support goes, we are starting to see more and more issues on this and other older, low powers boxes and it's only going to get worse with time.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk