PDA

View Full Version : good cable receiver recommendations.

Xpen15
04-04-15, 18:40
Hi please can someone advise on the best VM cable receiver available. I've been offered an Opticum receiver and I have also been advised to go for enigma 2 receiver. Not sure which is the best brand. Kind Regards

Andy_Hazza
04-04-15, 19:09
Check out the Mut@nt HD2400. Enigma 2 is far superior.

goosegog
04-04-15, 19:12
I aint got cable in my area myself buddy but i would consider your budget and how many tuners you would like for recording etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xpen15
04-04-15, 19:48
I assume the mentioned boxes above are cable receivers and the open vix images can be used from this site. Apologies but I'm a newbie coming from the free kV era, which is about to become redundant. I was in the early Nagra 2 days trying to make up my own cards, but that failed. I've had the old ntl pace hacked boxes, sv box and kv box ever since I joined VM. Haven't left.

Andy_Hazza, please can you explain or give me reasons in what way enigma 2 is far superior, as this is what was recommended to me. Thanks once again.

Andy_Hazza
04-04-15, 20:47
In ViX (Enigma 2) you have ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) which basically is a channel maker and populates the bouquets just like Sky/Virmin, you have CrossEPG which populates your 7 day guide, you have Timers/AutoTimers (one off recording and series links), you have Timeshift (pause live tv), it just goes on n on n on............. :thumbsup:

cactikid
04-04-15, 21:04
now you will see what a good box does and what a bad box was kv lol,hi m8 .
ps i never said redundant i said there is better out there in hd:D

we are all chained to vix as we like it:violin::thumbsup:

short360uk
04-04-15, 22:52
Gigablue quad plus was my choice with 2 extra plug and play cable tuners, running open ATV

cactikid
04-04-15, 23:17
he not say if he has a dish yet,stick one up and enjoy freesat:D

brundlefly
04-04-15, 23:31
mutant HD , vu+ and gigablue are the 3 most popular...sorry add technomate to that list as well....but depends on your budget as they are expensive boxes....me personally id go for the vu+ range of boxes...

maxben
05-04-15, 00:32
Hi please can someone advise on the best VM cable receiver available. I've been offered an Opticum receiver and I have also been advised to go for enigma 2 receiver. Not sure which is the best brand. Kind Regards

If it's the Opticum AX QUADBOX HD2400 you've been offered it's the same hardware as the Mut@nt HD2400 and will take the same images etc, just cosmetically different.

If you've seen the Opticum where I think you've seen it then it's same price as the Mut@nt from the sponsor here.

Aesthetically I think the the Mut@nt looks nicer, which ever you go for it's perfect for cable when setup correctly.

cactikid
05-04-15, 00:51
said it was this one...................Opticum HD AX-ODIN DVB-C Linux HDTV Cable Receiver.

Sicilian
05-04-15, 07:01
Here's another http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Hybrid-Cable-Terrestrial-Digital-HD-Receivers/Miraclebox-Linux-HD-Hybrid-Cable-Terrestrial-Receivers/Miraclebox-Premium-Ultra-HD-2x-dvb-c-t-t2
(http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Hybrid-Cable-Terrestrial-Digital-HD-Receivers/Miraclebox-Linux-HD-Hybrid-Cable-Terrestrial-Receivers/Miraclebox-Premium-Ultra-HD-2x-dvb-c-t-t2)
and another http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Hybrid-Cable-Terrestrial-Digital-HD-Receivers/Venton-Unibox-Linux-HD-Hybrid-Cable-Terrestrial-Receivers/Venton-Unibox-Eco-Plus-Enigma-2-Twin-Tuner-Hybrid-Cable-Freeview-HD-DVB-C-T-T2-Digital-Receiver

cactikid
05-04-15, 10:01
looking at the opticum thinking it maybe a clone as not supported by vix but by others,prefare he gets a better working box.:D

Larry-G
05-04-15, 10:34
looking at the opticum thinking it maybe a clone as not supported by vix but by others,prefare he gets a better working box.:D

No it's a genuine receiver, technically it's another OEM version, there are three as far as I know the Mut@nt, the Opticum and the Beyonwiz T3. All are pretty much the same box so should be able to run the same images with a little tweaking (presuming the bootloaders allow it) but at this moment in time we only support the Mut@nt.

Xpen15
08-04-15, 23:33
I'm in two minds, as this is all new to me. I could go for the venton unibox eco+ for £159 with open vix preinstalled. If I do this would I then just have to install the mgcamd side and the autobouqet, channel list etc?
The last two are they created on the box itself or on a pc and then loaded on? How long does it take to do this autobouqet and channel list, would it not just populate and create its own list as it scans the channels in?
Also what is the the purpose of autobouqet?
It all seems like a lot of working, searching for files that are all over this site. What would be nice is to have a complete guide to install everything i.e. files that is needed to get the box configured i.e. a step by step guide.
I see a lot of people posting abm files and channel list files, which one do I need if I go for the venton unibox or technomate nano?

Alternatively the £230 including sub for the opticum odin cable single cable receiver all setup with vix image and mgcamd. So can I go wrong with this? The guy who's selling said I could load another vix image from this wos site. His one comes with the Red Infinity icon image, similar to the Virgin tivo background.

duoduo
09-04-15, 07:10
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?3 01 have a read at this section, will massively help you. Please be careful what you post about, illegal viewing of pay TV is not allowed on this forum..

alexk18
27-08-15, 12:09
Sorry to hijack the thread, but looking to get a twin cable box.
Is the et8000 worth the extra money over the venton Eco+?

Cheers

DaMacFunkin
27-08-15, 12:21
I've been browsing sponsor site for the price of a solo de v2 fitted with a dual cable tuner but they don't seem to give that option?

Andy_Hazza
28-08-15, 07:34

Cheers

Yeah defo. [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
28-08-15, 07:42

Cheers

Yes for sure.