PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr phone and drink :(

pooface
09-12-10, 11:47
Well pee'd off at the mo :( lol.

Last night, went to collect the washing from tumble dryer, and bought drink up for me and missus. Cup of tea for her and can of coke for me. Well, couldn't be bothered to go up and down the stairs, so put the can in me pocket (collected from garage when collecting washing from tumble, so was nice and cold), and carried the washing under the arm with the cup of tea in other arm.

Walking up the stairs, and trying to juggle passed the stair gate, and I bumped in to the stair gate.

Then, I think to myself "What's the cold feeling down my leg". Been years since I pissed myself, but I know it comes out warm, not ice cold :p Then, suddenly hits me it's the can... So, I take it out of my pocket, and to my dismay, there's my phone in there too!!! Right, quickly take out the battery, and try to soak up any remaining liquid in there. Shook out all excess liquid and cleaned out.

Now, it's waiting in a sealed tub of rice... Hoping all the liquid will be absorbed by it :(

But not in a good mood!!! :mad:

Hopefully it'll be ok. Don't fancy having to use the insurance again! Especially when the phone's only 2 weeks old!!!

Sicilian
09-12-10, 12:15
I might have an iPhone going cheap soon :p

Larry-G
09-12-10, 12:18
if it was just water then drying out the board would be fine but the sugars in the coke will kill the phone

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 16:51
pooface i fix water damage phones all the time go tto maplin and buy isoprol alchahol bout £6 open up phone so its just the pcb and drench the psb in the alchahol

first good thing you did was wip out the battery keep it out

pooface
09-12-10, 16:52
pooface i fix water damage phones all the time go tto maplin and buy isoprol alchahol bout £6 open up phone so its just the pcb and drench the psb in the alchahol

first good thing you did was wip out the battery keep it out

Thing is, I ain't opening up the sucker! Cus if I do, and need to claim on my phone insurance, the first thing they're gonna turn round and say is that I opened up the phone, and removed the warranty sticker, so they won't repair/replace it...

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 16:54
Thing is, I ain't opening up the sucker! Cus if I do, and need to claim on my phone insurance, the first thing they're gonna turn round and say is that I opened up the phone, and removed the warranty sticker, so they won't repair/replace it...

yes that true although you may need to go on house insurance phone insurance don't cover LCD breaks or waterdamage

pooface
09-12-10, 17:50
yes that true although you may need to go on house insurance phone insurance don't cover LCD breaks or waterdamage

It did on my last claim for screen crack... So would have to check out regarding this claim if I do indeed need to claim. Hopefully will get away without needing to claim :)

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 17:56
It did on my last claim for screen crack... So would have to check out regarding this claim if I do indeed need to claim. Hopefully will get away without needing to claim :)

personally i hope so too its a bummer having to claim

try this is not a sale link so should be allowed

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

Larry-G
09-12-10, 18:24
most insurance policies wont cover any form of liquid damage unless it is stated. as for repairing liquid damage most of the time it's easy but the sugar in the coke will eat the coper tracks on the pcb like there going out of fashion. ( 15 years experience of unlocking / re-flashing and repairing mobile phones )

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 18:29
most insurance policies wont cover any form of liquid damage unless it is stated. as for repairing liquid damage most of the time it's easy but the sugar in the coke will eat the coper tracks on the pcb like there going out of fashion. ( 15 years experience of unlocking / re-flashing and repairing mobile phones )

the achahol will fix that but it needs to be done asap

Larry-G
09-12-10, 18:31
the achahol will fix that but it needs to be done asap

indeed but as he's not willing to open the phone for insurance reasons then it's a dead duck.

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 18:37
well fingers crossed the rice sorts it out

Larry-G
09-12-10, 18:40
i doubt it will as the sugars will still be there just dried onto the board. lets hope so but i wouldn't put money on it.

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 18:42
i doubt it will as the sugars will still be there just dried onto the board. lets hope so but i wouldn't put money on it.

same here mate but i know how it feels to loose a phone within aweek

just incase you decide her is the can

Larry-G
09-12-10, 18:53
well i dont think he'll be putting a open tin of coke in his pocket any time soon again.

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 18:54
well i dont think he'll be putting a open tin of coke in his pocket any time soon again.

i dont think so too

but i'm surprised the stair gate peirced it

Larry-G
09-12-10, 19:00
in that case get rid of the gate LOL if it can pierce a tin imagine what it could do to a kids eyes.

pooface
09-12-10, 19:34
lol, too much to comment on here, lol. But no, I will not put a can in my pocket again... And I will try to keep the phone in the case more often... If it were in the case, there likely wouldn't have been any liquid get in...

Anyway, looks like I'll be covered for water and liquid damage:

http://www.lifestylegroup.co.uk/barclays/About_Additions_Plus.aspx

As for the stair gate piercing the can, I think because it was extremely cold, it was more flexible and susceptible to damage. I could push it really easily... And I guess that I went in to it at a bit of a powerful rate, as I was turning to try and pass the cup of tea round whilst carrying the washing... Dunno how I'd explain it to insurance if need to, as sounds a bit of a con! lol. But, if you'd believe me, it's all plastic on the stairgate that hit the can. It's just a lindam easy fit plus:

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4347

It was the plastic blue bit on the right, not the bit the bloke has in his hands...

Lesson learnt ... send the missus down to get the washing and drinks :p

silverfox0786
09-12-10, 19:39
yeah i know what you mean poo same stair gates as mine they are a bummer at times espesically that tounge tha sticks out wher the handle locks into

my daughter has lernt how to open em she comming on 3

pooface
09-12-10, 19:43
yeah i know what you mean poo same stair gates as mine they are a bummer at times espesically that tounge tha sticks out wher the handle locks into

my daughter has lernt how to open em she comming on 3

lol, my LO learnt how to open them at about 17 months... Just that he's not quite strong enough to do the action!!! He watches us intensely when we use them, and tries to open them all the time. He's only 21 months now, and probably won't be long before he does... He's already broke the other (sure shut axis) ones down... Have to put them back up weekly :p

pooface
10-12-10, 09:59
Well, as you can see, phone still works... one problem though, screen a bit funny. Will post pics later...

Sent by my phone

pooface
10-12-10, 10:35
Here's the pictures of the screen :(

4366 4367

See the nice dull/bright affect... Time to re-read the t&cs of the insurance methinks...

silverfox0786
10-12-10, 15:33
Here's the pictures of the screen :(

4366 4367

See the nice dull/bright affect... Time to re-read the t&cs of the insurance methinks...

that the coke in between the lcd plates that may never clear or atleat will take years

pooface
10-12-10, 15:45
that the code inbetween the lcd plates that may never clear or atleat will take years

Exactly, hence why I think I will get on to the insurance soon...

DrProzac
10-12-10, 15:49
And next time put it in a condom.

silverfox0786
10-12-10, 15:53
And next time put it in a condom.

strawberry or chocolate give it a nice smell too when your talking :lol3:

Palinkat
10-12-10, 19:37
Time to upgrade to HD7 then. Then you won't regret spilling water on it that much and look forward to a replacement :)