PDA

View Full Version : Mounting the second HDD

jassie
03-04-15, 21:43
Hi I have a slight issue, I have set up a second HDD on my duo2 as per this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44391-Vu-second-HDD

Now I am trying to mount that HDD as well as the one which is fitted internally using the network browser so I can watch both on the solo2 in the other room, however whatever I do it only shows me the internal one, is there anyway I can see the one connected via usb also? Many thanks:p

judge
03-04-15, 22:05
How is it formatted? have you tried formatting it on the box?

birdman
04-04-15, 01:43
Hi I have a slight issue, I have set up a second HDD on my duo2 as per this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44391-Vu-second-HDD

Now I am trying to mount that HDD as well as the one which is fitted internally using the network browserThat link points to information for adding it as a USB drive - not a network one.
So, how have you actually connected this second drive, and what steps have you taken to mount it? (Hmmmm....you do actually mention USB).
Have you mounted it (Setup -> ViX -> Mount Manager -> Setup Mounts[Green button])? Probably as /media/hdd2.

jassie
04-04-15, 19:06
The second hard drive is connected via usb and showing as /media/usb and working fine on the duo2, but I want to try and set up a mount on my solo2 so I can watch what's on it from the other room as well. I am trying to do this via network browser without joy:confused:

cactikid
04-04-15, 20:50
might need nfs or samba on both boxes to be discovered on your network,i tried samba a while back and not worked and told to use nfs,thats on all my boxes now -nfs.:D

jassie
05-04-15, 00:32
cheers mate, I have nfs enabled on both, but now neither receiver is allowing access to the others internal HDD after a software update on the solo, reading up seems to suggest this is a common problem for basically everyone:(

judge
05-04-15, 00:45
reading up seems to suggest this is a common problem for basically everyone:(
Not a common problem, multiple drives can be mounted properly if formatted properly.

cactikid
05-04-15, 01:18
think i lost one and found it had unmounted,one has to recheck everything.

jassie
06-04-15, 00:23
Not a common problem, multiple drives can be mounted properly if formatted properly.

All Hard drives have been formatted properly from the start, they have all previously been used internally on VU+ receivers and mounted on the network without problems, no changes have been made to them, so what am I doing wrong and what might be the procudere to check if everything is ok? thanks

judge
06-04-15, 00:29
Blue button - ViX - Mount Manger.
Set mounts as you need them?

jassie
06-04-15, 01:18
cheers mate, had checked that they're showing ok, i was concerned about the mounts on the network not the receiver itself, they are fine on the receiver, I will test the samba setting as per another thread when I can get to the other receiver, cheers:)