PDA

View Full Version : Default ports for streaming?

score1_uk
03-04-15, 18:59
Hi all, does any1 know the default ports for streaming from the twin oe? I can stream to my laptop with the web interface and mpc. I downloaded a program called dream droid for my phone and it asks for a live port (haas 8001 in it) and a movies port (has 80 in it). When I press connect it gives a error saying failed to connect (no route to host). Any advice?

abu baniaz
03-04-15, 19:11
Maybe silly question, have you set your receivers IP address in dream droid, profiles section?

score1_uk
03-04-15, 19:30
I have yes.

I went to settings/profiles and went to edit for the default. Gave it a name, then the box IP address, then 80 after the address. Then left https unticked, ticked enable login and entered the user and password. Under stream I entered the box ip address again, then left the ports as default (live 8001 and movies 80). I left all remaining boxes unticked.

Do I need to port forward on my router?

abu baniaz
03-04-15, 19:35
Are you doing this internally or externally?

score1_uk
03-04-15, 19:37
Dont follow. Im trying to do it from my home network right now, but would like to be able to access the box from other networks when I fig out how to set it up.

abu baniaz
03-04-15, 19:47
If using devices on same network, you dont need to worry aout port fowarding etc.

You can go into plugins, openwebif and double check ports. I'm pretty sure efault ones with the app will just work.

score1_uk
03-04-15, 20:00
Well, now the web interface comes up with a login screen. I tried root as the default username and no password but wont log in. What a step back :( I have changed the port from 80 to 433 as my router said something about a conflict with port 80 when forwarding.

score1_uk
03-04-15, 20:49
Ok, put settings back to default and now I can get back in on the laptop. Still no joy with phone app though.

abu baniaz
04-04-15, 01:06
Just tried following on my daughter's phone....
Installed MX Player ( I use this for media playback). Installed Dreamdroid.
On Dreamdroid, I deleted the existing/default profile. I created a new one. I just entered the name of the profile and IP address. I did not change anything on the router or receiver. Everyting is working.

Have you changed anything you are forgetting to mention?

score1_uk
04-04-15, 09:04
Right, I had to install vlc to play the stream. Mx player gave audio but not video :( Seems to work ok now on local network.

score1_uk
04-04-15, 14:58
I have downloaded the epg data and it shows on the box, but not in the dreamdroid app. Any ideas?