PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-XMLTV] Is XMLTV not working

chrisymarr
03-04-15, 14:16
Hi guys

Sorry if I'm doing something stupid but I am new here.

Anyway my EPG has stopped working the past few days, I am using XMLTV to download RYTEC's UK info. When I click on manual to do a manual download it will say 0 events loaded then nothing else happens. I have deleted my epg.dat file but that didn't fix it.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Peterj
03-04-15, 14:24
Reload your Rytec providers again.

chrisymarr
03-04-15, 16:12
Reload your Rytec providers again.
How do I do that? Sorry if its a stupid question :(

goosegog
03-04-15, 16:54
How do I do that? Sorry if its a stupid question :(

its not a stupid question
menu/set up/system/epg/cross epg/update rytec providers

hypasnypa
03-04-15, 18:19
I am also having this problem in the last couple of days.
As my box is a tm 800hd and pretty much unsupported I cannot update my rytec providers in this way.
Is there an alternative and manual method or an updated rytec plugin available here that I can install?
I dont have cross epg by the way, and only have the WOS image on the box, which was updating the 7day epg fine until the site went down. It worked for a few days after this site was live..but now the problem of 7 day epg has started again even though site is fine. Did I miss an update?

chrisymarr
04-04-15, 12:10
Just tried to update my rytect providers and its returning and error saying it cannot update.

Would a VIX reflash cure this?

Peterj
04-04-15, 12:16
Just tried to update my rytect providers and its returning and error saying it cannot update.

when you are running a build < 155, yes reflash, no restore.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44455-All-User-please-read!-Build-155-will-need-a-fresh-flash-and-setup!&highlight=build

goosegog
04-04-15, 12:17

im on build 163 which is the latest im sure and rytec providers are updating so i think a fresh flash would fix:thumbsup:

chrisymarr
04-04-15, 12:48

Peterj
04-04-15, 13:06
Thanks :) its lower than 155 so a restore is my best bet ��

only reflash, no restore.

eddiq
05-04-15, 12:57
When you say reflash not restore do you mean installing the latest update from USB and not restoring settings from previous backup?

Andy_Hazza
05-04-15, 13:01
When you say reflash not restore do you mean installing the latest update from USB and not restoring settings from previous backup?

If below build 155 then yes you need to do a fresh flash with no restores.

eddiq
05-04-15, 13:13
ok thank Andy_Hazza

chrisymarr
07-04-15, 21:52
Problem sorter reflash fixed it thanks everyone for their help :)