PDA

View Full Version : OpenVIX Flashing over Blackhole fails

bitnumus
03-04-15, 10:47
Hi,

I've attempted to flash the latest build "Apolo.163" to try openvix because blackhole is just, well, awful from first glance.

Flash seemed to go ok, long dimming and brightening of LED for some minutes, then it flashes. So i turned off, removed USB and turned back on again. However, i'm now stuck with a blackhole splash screen and nothing else loads.

Any ideas?

bitnumus
03-04-15, 11:00
Just an update that i tried Apolo.161 and it worked, not sure if this was some obscure bug or a problem with 163.

Larry-G
03-04-15, 11:01
Maybe try flashing the bootloader first then try the image again. A copy of the new bootloader for the Zero is available from our download site @ www.openvix.co.uk. As well as a guide on how to flash it.

Larry-G
03-04-15, 11:01
LOL looks like we posted at pretty mucht eh same time. Nice to see you got it sorted any way.

bitnumus
03-04-15, 11:57
LOL looks like we posted at pretty mucht eh same time. Nice to see you got it sorted any way.

Hehe, i have the bootloader now from your link so any more issues and i'll look at that route.

Whilst you're here and thought a little offtopic from the title but in the correct forum i have a question about WiFi if thats ok.

On the blackhole image my wifi dongle worked without having to do anything. Its a RT5370, are drivers included in the Apolo images for the VU+ zero? If not could you point me in the right direction for them and method of installation?

Many thanks.

Larry-G
03-04-15, 12:33
In ViX we only carry the drivers for the official Vu+ Wifi dongle, others can be downloaded from the plugin feeds, this may be inconvenient but we removed them as they were hogging the image bloating it out and carrying all those drivers was causing a lot of issues with compatibility.