PDA

View Full Version : Missing channels - No signal

cuzza84
02-04-15, 23:00
Hi

recently purchased a TM Nano SE to connect to an existing Technomate motorized 80cm dish

I'm missing some well known sports channels on 19.2 and aren't able to pickup other channels which I can always get if I connect other receivers to the same dish such as protek or dreambox. if I go to sat finder I get no signal if I select the transponder these channels are on. For example Sky Deutschland. I have manually scanned in the single satellites.

I'm using the latest Vix image If I disconnect the technomate and plug in a dreambox in from another location I can get these channels I also cant really get any channels on 23.5 or 16.0 which with my dish isn't a problem on other receivers.

I've configured the same Longitude and Latitude settings which if I tweak prevent me from getting FTA on 28.2

Does this look an issue with the box or something i'm missing

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas as If I cant get these on the technomate it would be a real disappointed

Thanks
Neil

Jony
02-04-15, 23:54
Below instruction might sound odd But i have tested and works ok for me
just scanned 19/23 east east no problem.

Not all mortised dishes installed 100% so local longitude/Latitude is not the best solution for a good result also throughout time elements will interfere with settings Best way please follow bellow instruction.
==============================
1-Make sure you have scanned or downloaded channel list more than 3 satellite example 30waest/1 west/42 east or more.
2-Anywhere in uk in USALS set longitude to 000.000 Latitude to 051.500 North select 28 east you will get some signal.
If above not achieved >> do not touch Latitude just edit longitude as per example bellow
3-Longitude >>>001.00 east in Linux press ok than exit it will ask Zap back click yes others receivers save it motor will move ,
In clear screen with Linux receivers press ok 2 times to see agc/snr >>AGC is your signal quality SNR is displaying you are connected to LNB
If AGC is at 000.000 was no signal but with 001.000 has 30% or more then go back and do 001.500 repeat again by this time if agc is 60% then do 002.000 if agc increase to 70% carry on adding until you get the best signal example 95% more or less.
--------------------
As above if you are not getting any signal then change longitude from east to west start with example 001.000 west and add until you get best signal

cuzza84
06-04-15, 17:24
thanks for the tip I was using the same settings taken from another box which appears to have been my downfall working much better now, strange I cant pickup 23.5 but can live without it as getting full range on 19.2 and hotbird now where as before I could only get about 150 channels on those.

appreciate the help