PDA

View Full Version : how to clear the search history kodi/ tsmedia

orange1234
02-04-15, 12:05
Does anyone know how to clear the search history in Kodi?
When I go into Kodi I have clicked on config and I can't see an option for it there, and I've looked at the 'virtual keyboard' menu too, but that only has 'keyboard map'.:confused:

mfaraj
03-04-15, 19:28
Delete file /etc/TSmedia/history or etc/Kodidirect/ history
or from TSmedia/desktop/settings/clear search history

orange1234
03-04-15, 22:35
Thanks I found the delete history in TS Media I missed it. one down one to go :cool:

TS Media>Desktop>General settings>the blue button "Delete history"

or a quicker way...TS Media>Desktop "Yellow Button" (settings)>the blue button "Delete history"

Now for Kodi

I went to plugins and downloaded a file manager. I can't see how to get to etc>Kodi>History.

File Browser>Kodi direct then I have got Parent Directory when I click on it it takes me back to File tree.

Am I in the wrong place?

Thanks for helping

orange1234
03-04-15, 23:40
File Browser>Kodi direct then I have got Parent Directory when I click on it it takes me back to File tree.

Am I in the wrong place?

Thanks for helping

I went further down the file tree on etc...and near the bottom there is a directory called xmltvimport >with a file called "history"

Thats the only history I can find and I am hesitant on deleting it, mfaraj, Is that the one you mean?

mfaraj
04-04-15, 17:39
for kodidirect the history file
etc/history

orange1234
04-04-15, 21:39
for kodidirect the history file
etc/history

Thanks mfaraj for your help. The problem on my solo2 is that in the Kodi Directory I have

<Parent directory>
KodiDirect\
<Parent directory>
favorites.xml

and nothing else

Am I looking in the wrong place I wonder?

cactikid
04-04-15, 21:45
wonder if he is using filezilla to see the history file
etc/history ?? is that what you mean i wonder?

orange1234
04-04-15, 22:29
Hi cactikid, in addons, I am using Filebrowser. Is there something else I should be using? Is Filezilla the one to use, Where do I get that?

You would think there was a delete history button in Kodi perhaps on the virtual Keyboard, instead the keyboard seems to hold an infinite list of everything you have ever searched for.... grrr.

cactikid
04-04-15, 23:41
if that happened me probably delete kodi from plugins and start again .will have a look in my kodi to see anything
is there a settings?

cactikid
05-04-15, 00:17
ok i used filezilla and directed to etc folder and scrolled down i see history there:D

filezilla is a ftp program i use to send files to box [ client version ];)

mfaraj
05-04-15, 05:05
in next close update of kodidirect and TSmedia delete search history function will be added to virtualkeyboard itself when pressing menu

orange1234
05-04-15, 11:39
Thanks mfaraj, that will be much easier and intuitive for the user.

Mfaraj do you have any plans to make Istream available on Kodi or TsMedia? I have to keep reverting to my android box to use it for finding movies and prgrames even solar and primewire does not find.

mfaraj
05-04-15, 15:49
Thanks mfaraj, that will be much easier and intuitive for the user.

Mfaraj do you have any plans to make Istream available on Kodi or TsMedia? I have to keep reverting to my android box to use it for finding movies and prgrames even solar and primewire does not find.
i tried with old version of istream to convert to enigma but failed but i will try again with new version

orange1234
05-04-15, 16:08
Thanks again mfaraj, Istream is worth the effort, it's excellent at finding working links...to almost anything! :thumbsup:

orange1234
06-04-15, 16:31
ok i used filezilla and directed to etc folder and scrolled down i see history there:D

filezilla is a ftp program i use to send files to box [ client version ];)

Hi cactikid, in case anyone else is still scratching splinters off their head looking for "history" in Kodi then I thought I post this.

I have downloaded filezilla client and connected to the vu+ solo2 via ftp

If anyone needs to know how to do that

1) Go to menu\setup
2) System\Network
3) Device setup
4) Adapter settings
5) current settings\IP address (mine is 192.168.0.9)

Write your IP address down.
Download filezilla client and install
In the host box (top left) enter your IP address, and in the Username type root, click quick connect.

I have a screenshot of what I can see ... etc/Kodi only has one file, favourites.xml

see here

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00616074443399556354

A couple more questions,

I can see a directory for Dreamplex and XMBC

I Installed Dreamplex to have a look at it and I have since uninstalled it. Dreamplex has empty folders am I safe to delete these. (I am wondering why it was left behind if it was uninstalled)

XMBC folder has what looks to be either Kodi or TSmedia files.

I can see a folder xmbc\pic that has lots of .png files of every thing that has ever been watched, there hundreds of .png files. The current folder size is 25,467,387 bytes (25 Megabites)

Can I delete all these?

I am wondering why does Kodi or TSMedia does not erase these old redundant files automatically on exit, or, is there a setting somewhere, so I can do this?

At this rate I fear my HD will be full of useless files taking up valuable hard drive space needlessly.

If this is a fault in Kodi and TS Media, I am wondering if there a system tools somewhere (like CCleaner for windows) to clean all these redundant old files out?

Thanks

mfaraj
06-04-15, 17:05
when you remove the TSmedia or kodidirect in the right way(opkg remove...) all files installed by the plugins will be removed.
The files downloaded to hdd or usb during runtime will not be removed and you have to remove manually after removing the plugins,this is because both plugins use external addons and unable to control or to know what files downloaded and where

orange1234
06-04-15, 17:07
Thanks abu baniaz for editing, I have just seen how to put an inline pic on, I'll use that in future. :thumbsup:

For clarity, the pic folder referred to above is in .../media/hdd/xbmc/pic

orange1234
06-04-15, 17:27
when you remove the TSmedia or kodidirect in the right way(opkg remove...) all files installed by the plugins will be removed.
The files downloaded to hdd or usb during runtime will not be removed and you have to remove manually after removing the plugins,this is because both plugins use external addons and unable to control or to know what files downloaded and where

Hi Mfaraj, from a users point of view, to remove an addon (like Ts media etc) you go to Menu\plugins "red button" remove plugins. Is this the wrong way?

How do you uninstall using "opkg remove" ? (I'm not entirely sure what opkg is, except I saw an "update opkg" somewhere once, on one of the menus - either in TsMedia or Kodi, (I can't find it now) and without knowing what I was updating, I updated it just to see what it did, :confused:)

The point I was making is, if I am happy with Ts Media why would I want to uninstall it?

Am I right in saying that unless I do uninstall TS Media, it will keep storing thousands of useless and redundant .png files files in the pic folder?

Mfaraj, I don't think a standard user wants to have to connect via FTP or even mess around in the file browser and delete files to keep an addon like Ts Media efficient.

There should be an inbuilt, automatic way TS Media cleans up it's own temp files. It's created 25 Mb of wasted space on my hard drive and that's only in a 3 days use!

Does the Kodi addon do the same (storing temp files for ever until it's uninstalled)?

orange1234
06-04-15, 17:32
OMG I have just found 5GB of old files in /media/hdd/timeshift

Does anyone know if there a basic maintenance addon like ccleaner, to rid of all this old stuff.

mfaraj
06-04-15, 17:43
remove by menu/plugins is not wrong and you can do it
opkg update is necessary before installing ipk with many dependent files like TSmedia but not kodidirect
you can remove TSmedia also or any plugin from telnet by
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-tsmedia-oe2.0
but good point to include in postrm script in the package lines to remove the files downloaded to external device

orange1234
06-04-15, 18:24
Thanks mfaraj, If I have understood what you have said, it's only TS Media that keeps all the tmp files forever, and Kodi doesn't?

If thats right, I'll uninstall TS Media for now, (until it automatically deletes its temp files as 25Mb in 3 days is crazy) and just use Kodi. Will the "postrm script" to delete all the tmp files be in the next version? If not can you let us know when it's ready so I can reinstall Ts Media again as some addons works better in TS Media than they do in Kodi. For exapmpe showbox won't even install in Kodi :confused:

Thanks again

judge
06-04-15, 18:26
OMG I have just found 5GB of old files in /media/hdd/timeshift

Does anyone know if there a basic maintenance addon like ccleaner, to rid of all this old stuff.

Timeshift files get deleted when you change channels, nothing to worry about there.

orange1234
06-04-15, 18:35
Thanks judge, I presumed it would, but I seem to have 5GB of time shift in 3 days. Since it's there, do I just delete the contents of the folder? Or can I delete the folder itself?

cactikid
06-04-15, 19:39
i have kodi on my tm nano se and it has showbox on it,from one or more of the weekly updates and growing,be careful when choosing film as it might not be as what it seems:eek:[ adult ]:D

orange1234
07-04-15, 01:03
I had showbox until 2 days ago until when I uninstalled Kodi to get rid of the history on the virtual keyboard. When I reinstalled Kodi, showbox does not install. It's listed but does nothing when clicked. I'm on Vix version 152 maybe when I find a way to update to 163 showbox might come back.

Videodevil is the only one that looks to be worth having, for adult content as it looks to have lots of streams built in.

I'm trying to be selective now with addons, and rather than having 100 addons I'm looking to have less than 10. For films, I'm waiting for Isream to become available, then additionally I'd have solar movies (as Istream queries 1channel) and showbox. maybe Genesis. Netflix would be good if they ever code one for python, and the ITV, BBC and channel 4 / 5 catchup players. That would be a perfect setup for a newbie.

It seems to me all these movie addons need an aggregator, (like Isteam)which looks at all possible sources and presents a working one to watch. Then we'd only need one. I guess the first one to do that will become the dominant player of the TV world.

mfaraj
07-04-15, 03:00
will check kodidirect showbox and fix it,anything running in TSmedia should run in kodidirect and vica versa because both share same principal parsing code

orange1234
06-06-15, 20:05
mfaraj, can request an improvement to "delete history" please.

On the virtual keyboard, pressing menu\clear history presently does not clear the keyboard input window. Even when I press CLR to clear it, and then exit. Nets time I open TS Media and search on the virtual keyboard, the last search is visible again even though I presses CLR :confused:

Could there be an option to Clear History - and - CLR screen at exit, so I don't have to worry. :eek: Is this possible?

mfaraj
07-06-15, 08:49
Yes,possible,will apply in next update
thanks

orange1234
14-06-15, 10:33
Hi mfaraj, I've just downloaded ts media v10. How do I get it to clear the history, the last search (CLR) on exit. I've had a look in menu and in settings and can't see it :confused: