PDA

View Full Version : What tuners are used on mutant?

twol
02-04-15, 10:07
I would be interested in knowing whose tuners are used in the Mutant..... Also if the box supports SNR display on the 2nd Infobar.... And how fast theSNR takes to reach the maximum figure from switching to a channel.

Sicilian
02-04-15, 11:41
Uses Samsung tuners, regards SNR check this evening.

twol
02-04-15, 14:52
Thanks Sicilian, guessed they were Samsung, but interested to know if the Mutant crew have managed to write drivers that get them to react faster than others :)
On fringe reception channels (like ITV HD for me) it can be a real pain - and leads to issues with obtaining lock or the system giving up before it can hold the signal.

Obviously depend on the specific tuner, but on the older DVB-S2 Samsung plug in tuners I used to see anything from 3 -5 secs, but now seeing 5 - 8 seconds delay before stabilising on latest - this is a driver/tuner concern nothing to do with image :) Interestingly on board tuners (probably not Samsung) are pretty instantaneous.

When the Samsung tuners crap out on say ITV HD, my Sky box is OK for much longer :) Can really spoil the football viewing switching from HD to SD!

rossi2000
02-04-15, 16:21
i think its more or less instant the snr, but i will double check too

Cosmic Truth
03-04-15, 16:49
Thanks Sicilian, guessed they were Samsung, but interested to know if the Mutant crew have managed to write drivers that get them to react faster than others :)
On fringe reception channels (like ITV HD for me) it can be a real pain - and leads to issues with obtaining lock or the system giving up before it can hold the signal.

Obviously depend on the specific tuner, but on the older DVB-S2 Samsung plug in tuners I used to see anything from 3 -5 secs, but now seeing 5 - 8 seconds delay before stabilising on latest - this is a driver/tuner concern nothing to do with image :) Interestingly on board tuners (probably not Samsung) are pretty instantaneous.

When the Samsung tuners crap out on say ITV HD, my Sky box is OK for much longer :) Can really spoil the football viewing switching from HD to SD!

Is this cable, or satellite, tuners you're talking about twol?

I have a Q5 cable receiver, and with some channels it takes ages for the channel to come through. I'm looking at getting a new receiver in the next week, or so, and I certainly don't want to wait a long time when I switch channels like I have to do with the Q5.

twol
03-04-15, 19:06
Is this cable, or satellite, tuners you're talking about twol?

I have a Q5 cable receiver, and with some channels it takes ages for the channel to come through. I'm looking at getting a new receiver in the next week, or so, and I certainly don't want to wait a long time when I switch channels like I have to do with the Q5.
I was talking about Sat tuners... But the problem I was seeing is apparently fixed today:)

Cosmic Truth
04-04-15, 11:28
I was talking about Sat tuners... But the problem I was seeing is apparently fixed today:)

Cheers twol.

ccs
15-04-15, 16:31
I'm assuming the Mut@nt HD2400 is similar to the Xtrend ET10000.
I can't find a copy of the Mut@nt manual, but The Xtrend manual says...

WARNING: DO NOT USE FOLLOWING COMBINATION:

Tuner 1 : any tuner
Tuner 2 : any tuner
Tuner 3 : DVB-S2 tuner
Tuner 4 : DVB-C tuner

Tuner 1 : any tuner
Tuner 2 : any tuner
Tuner 3 : DVB-C
Tuner 4 : DVB-C

Any other combination is supported

This is what is confusing me. Can I configure the Mut@nt with 4 DVB-T2 tuners, as I've seen somewhere else that only 3 are supported?
The above warning suggests to me that 4 T2's are ok on the Xtrend.

Thanks.

Sicilian
15-04-15, 16:45
You can't used 4x T2 on either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
21-04-15, 20:10
You can't used 4x T2 on either.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks for the reply, sorry it's taken a while to respond.

I see WOS are now selling the Xtrend ET10000 with 4 x DVB-C-T-T2.

Is this likely to work ok?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Xtrend/Xtrend-ET10000-4x-DVB-C-T-T2?sort=p.price&order=DESC

Sicilian
21-04-15, 20:22
Yes, no issue using 4x dvb-c/t2 tuners, found issue is using 4x dvb-c tuner, using hybrid tuners should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsw9154
21-04-15, 21:33
I think the issue with the 4 C/T2 Tuners is that No4 tuner has to be connected otherwise you receive no signal, I tried this when I first got my Mut@nt, I had it feeding in to No1 tuner then Looped to the other 3, if I took the loop off No4 the signal went off even though they where all connected and no matter what tuner I connected the feed to I still got no signal, so i physically disconnected tuner No4 and I was able to get a signal from the other 3 tuners no matter what tuner I plugged the feed cable to I got the signal so now I have the feed strait in to No4 tuner and loop them from that :)

ccs
22-04-15, 09:28
Thanks for the updates, looking good now.

tappari
24-04-15, 11:23
Thanks for the reply, sorry it's taken a while to respond.

I see WOS are now selling the Xtrend ET10000 with 4 x DVB-C-T-T2.

Is this likely to work ok?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Xtrend/Xtrend-ET10000-4x-DVB-C-T-T2?sort=p.price&order=DESC
I have 4 x internal Si2169 plugin C/T2 tuners and 1 x Sundtek usb C/T2 tuner in my ET10000. No problem in Finnish network. Works fine. It would be possible to add another Sundtek if needed.