PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Parental Control pin

selondoner
01-04-15, 23:12
Hi all,

So with children now old enough to use the remote control I want to use the parental control feature of Vix.

However when I try and turn them on I'm asked only to change the pin. Not set one up.

I thought I must have set one up some time ago so I installed from scratch with latest image on openvix (161)(via couch image manager install) and expected to be asked to set up parental control during set up but I'm not. Went through it twice to double check.

What am I missing?! How do I set the pin?

Any help very much appreciated.

(Would rather use parental controls so us grown ups can watch what we want when they go to bed!)

judge
01-04-15, 23:28
Press the OK button to set-up a pin when on the Change PIN option.
Menu -> Setup -> Parental control -> Protect services or Protect Screens, highlight the Change PIN option & press OK to set PIN number.

rossi2000
01-04-15, 23:34
parental control has changed abit, it doenst ask you to setup during the first install wizard

when u first go into it, it will ask you to setup the pin, set one up and then the list will appear,

select if you want to protect channels or menus or both.

for channels, go into your channellist and press menu on the channel you want to protect, then select add to parental control.

selondoner
02-04-15, 02:52
That's what I don't understand. I'm installing from scratch. Not restoring settings but still I don't get an option in the menu to set up. Just a 'Change pin' option.

Would installing via USB make a difference? Ie clearing previous settings?

abu baniaz
02-04-15, 03:00
The default is 0000. Enter this first, you will then be able to set/change to your own one.

N.B
Flashing by Image Manager/flashing by USB has the same result.

rossi2000
02-04-15, 07:12
That's what I don't understand. I'm installing from scratch. Not restoring settings but still I don't get an option in the menu to set up. Just a 'Change pin' option.

Would installing via USB make a difference? Ie clearing previous settings?

installing from scratch should be the same as a usb flash.

set the pin and then the options will appear.

selondoner
02-04-15, 10:09
Thanks gents. Will try the default pin when I get home and see if that let's me in.

selondoner
03-04-15, 23:05
And it worked. Just needed to know the default pin (0000).

All set up with protected bouquets!

Thanks again