PDA

View Full Version : Weird positioner problem

oncoman
30-03-15, 20:32
Can someone help me please?
I have had my lovely Nano since January and it has been fantastic.
However, it seems to have gone mad over the weekend (possibly during the storms). It simply will not stay on a satellite and keeps sending the dish to 0 degrees. I can move the dish using positioner set up but it immediately moves off it even though I get a good lock and save the position.
I have tried a factory reset and restore but no luck. Is this a hardware fail?
Thanks

abu baniaz
30-03-15, 23:16
What have you set the tuner as?

oncoman
31-03-15, 06:52
Hi,
Thanks for replying.
I have the tuner set to Advanced and USALS. As I said, it was fine until the storms at the weekend, so I am thinking the dish has moved and maybe the Nano sends the dish to zero since it has no lock?
The odd thing is, I can use the positioner to get a lock, but it simply won't stay there.
Would this be right?
1) send to zero
2) go to 0.8
3) peak the dish for Thor
4) calibrate
5) hope that fixes things!

oncoman
31-03-15, 20:02
I am pretty sure it is buggered!
:(

I have an excellent signal on Thor and as soon as I move off the Positioner menu it moves to the West and loses everything.
Unfortunately, I think this might be going back....

oncoman
31-03-15, 20:20
Update
I'm pretty sure it is the motor. I swapped my Nano with my old spiderbox and it didn't move properly. I have managed to get a signal but I think time to buy a new motor!

Alec
31-03-15, 21:40
Update
I'm pretty sure it is the motor. I swapped my Nano with my old spiderbox and it didn't move properly. I have managed to get a signal but I think time to buy a new motor!

If you are getting a lock by manually moving it. It points to the dish needing lining up again, especially as we have high winds. You could take it out of USALS for the time being, and give the sat's fixed positions, for the time being. If that works it is a question of good weather to adjust dish, for USALS.

oncoman
31-03-15, 22:15
Thanks, but I had the alignment spot on. When I set up Thor and did the arc calculation all seems fine. However, the dish then simply wanders off to the west and forgets everything. I really think it is a motor issue.

TK4|2|1
01-04-15, 07:50
Not disputing your motor is faulty, but why is your tuner config set to Advance, usals, why not Simple, positioner? No need for advanced to use Usals.
Can you easily get to the motor?
Have you tried resetting it? There is usually a hidden button on the motor.
Just because you "had" it spot on, doesn't mean it hasn't moved in the high winds. Worth rechecking.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..

oncoman
01-04-15, 12:44
Thanks for the reply.
I had already done a reset on the motor so I still think there is an error. I did check the alignment yesterday before I posted and it was correct.
Your comment about advanced versus simple is exactly right. I tried to set the dish to Astra (using the positioner) and got a signal. As soon as I exited the menu and tried to load the EPG the dish went on its travels again!
To finally prove that the Nano was not at fault, I hooked up my old Spiderbox and used this to move it to Astra. This held a signal and I have left it like this until the new motor arrives (ordered from our sponsor of course!).
It is a bizarre problem that really has me stumped. It can only be the receiver or the motor and I think I have eliminated the Nano.

jr15
09-04-15, 18:28
Hi all my vu duo keeps freezing on pay channels have tried everything . New lnb change router . Would appreciate any help.

Andy_Hazza
09-04-15, 19:01
Hi all my vu duo keeps freezing on pay channels have tried everything . New lnb change router . Would appreciate any help.

Don't hijack somebody else's thread!!