PDA

View Full Version : How do you set the Autotimer

doomdoom88
29-03-15, 16:57
Hello
I have worked out how to set the built in Autotimer on ViX but it only auto records a week worth of programs for example if I auto time Eastenders it will only record a week worth (4 episodes) and then I will have to set it again the week after. Is there a way I can set it to always record?
Thanks in advance

Andy_Hazza
29-03-15, 17:24
Autotimers working as they should here, so am guessing its a user error on your part. Press down on your remote, blue button to go back and locate BBC One HD (Channel 141) in the Entertainment folder. Highlight the BBC One HD channel and press the EPG button on your remote, this brings up a 7 day guide just on this channel.
Scroll to Monday 20:00 Eastenders and press the blue button (AutoTimer), at the next stage untick the option where it says 'Only on Weekday: Monday' then press the green button and then the green button on the next stage and thats it you have successfully series linked Eastenders!! [emoji106]

doomdoom88
29-03-15, 17:34
Autotimers working as they should here, so am guessing its a user error on your part. Press down on your remote, blue button to go back and locate BBC One HD (Channel 141) in the Entertainment folder. Highlight the BBC One HD channel and press the EPG button on your remote, this brings up a 7 day guide just on this channel.
Scroll to Monday 20:00 Eastenders and press the blue button (AutoTimer), at the next stage untick the option where it says 'Only on Weekday: Monday' then press the green button and then the green button on the next stage and thats it you have successfully series linked Eastenders!! [emoji106]

Hello Andy
I have just gone through and done exactly what you have send but then when I exit out of the EPG after saving I get the message that it has only found 4 recordings:
I would like it to record all 4 episodes every week without the need to set it every week if that makes sense.
Thanks

Andy_Hazza
29-03-15, 17:40
Yeah that will be right buddy. Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri. It will automatically update n carry on forward for ya.
When you are watching TV and press long green button this will show you all your AutoTimers. A short green button will give you a timer overview, but trust me you have done it right n you will have permanent series link on Eastenders until you delete otherwise. [emoji4]

judge
29-03-15, 17:40
When your EPG updates, the new timers will be added automatically.

doomdoom88
29-03-15, 17:51
Yeah that will be right buddy. Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri. It will automatically update n carry on forward for ya.
When you are watching TV and press long green button this will show you all your AutoTimers. A short green button will give you a timer overview, but trust me you have done it right n you will have permanent series link on Eastenders until you delete otherwise. [emoji4]

That great news, I was just getting worried that it wouldn't update after the week because it says its only found 4 episodes. To stop people from getting confused it should really not say anything about the amount of episodes it has found but I spouse its up to the developers what they want to do lol

doomdoom88
29-03-15, 17:51
When your EPG updates, the new timers will be added automatically.

Great, thanks :)

doomdoom88
29-03-15, 17:53
I don't spouse anyone knows how to set up TSMEDIA properly because at the moment when I click on 1CHANNEL its not showing any programs just empty folders :(

Andy_Hazza
29-03-15, 18:43
I don't use tsMedia personally. I'm sure somebody else might be able to shed some light on that for ya.

birdman
30-03-15, 02:31
To stop people from getting confused it should really not say anything about the amount of episodes it has found but I spouse its up to the developers what they want to do lolIt isn't saying that it's found 4 episodes - it's saying that it's added 4 timers from the current EPG data that weren't there the last time it scanned it.
If you had other auto-timers set up and one of them was for a programme that only recently arrived in the EPG data (it will be broadcast in ~7 days) it would have reported 5 new timers.

Given that no-one knows when Eastenders (Neverenders?) will end, how many episodes did you expect it to find? :confused:

Larry-G
30-03-15, 17:05
Hello
I have worked out how to set the built in Autotimer on ViX but it only auto records a week worth of programs for example if I auto time Eastenders it will only record a week worth (4 episodes)

I have had the same autotimers set for Emmerdale and Corrie (not for me but my parents honest) on a Vu+ ultimo for something like three years and only missed maybe half a dozen episodes that were scheduled outside of my timeframe due to being moved by the broadcaster. And the same on my solo2 for doctor who with no episodes missed in years.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk