PDA

View Full Version : New Solo2 dead

Fuzzy
26-03-15, 20:54
Hi

I bought a Solo2 from WoS a couple of weeks ago. It worked fine up until I moved house last weekend. I have a duo2 as well and I was using the one machine until I got around to setting the Solo2 up . Anyway, last night I plugged it in and it doesn't do anything - no lights or noise whatsoever (it has no hdd). Also, the led on the psu starts blinking as soon as I switch it on at the back. Doesn't look good to me.

Is there anything I could try to get it going? I don't have a spare psu, nor do I know anyone with a Solo2.

The first 2 Duo2's I bought both had to be returned as they were faulty, so I am obviously jinxed :confused:

WoS is down for maintenance at the mo.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help :)

Larry-G
26-03-15, 20:55
Hi

I bought a Solo2 from WoS a couple of weeks ago. It worked fine up until I moved house last weekend. I have a duo2 as well and I was using the one machine until I got around to setting the Solo2 up . Anyway, last night I plugged it in and it doesn't do anything - no lights or noise whatsoever (it has no hdd). Also, the led on the psu starts blinking as soon as I switch it on at the back. Doesn't look good to me.

Is there anything I could try to get it going? I don't have a spare psu, nor do I know anyone with a Solo2.

The first 2 Duo2's I bought both had to be returned as they were faulty, so I am obviously jinxed :confused:

WoS is down for maintenance at the mo.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help :)

Even though the sponsors shop is down for maintenance you can still PM him directly via the forum.

Fuzzy
26-03-15, 21:03
Thanks Phoenix. WoS is back up now anyway - I have messaged them. Fingers crossed :)

abu baniaz
26-03-15, 22:04
Have you double checked that you are using the correct PSU?

Fuzzy
26-03-15, 22:21
Have you double checked that you are using the correct PSU?

Cheers for the suggestion abu, but it's definitely the right psu cos I packed it all away in the original box. I don't have another psu like the Solo2 one anyway.

Looks like I will have to return it :(

Fuzzy
09-04-15, 23:36
I returned it and they have had to replace the motherboard. They have posted it back today. Good service :)

judge
09-04-15, 23:41
It's pretty hard to kill 2 Duo 2s & 1 Solo 2.

Fuzzy
10-04-15, 00:15
:) I must have a lot of static :confused:

abu baniaz
10-04-15, 00:16
Shocking!

abu baniaz
10-04-15, 00:18
On a serious note, too much of a coincidenc. Best to check nothing is wrong in your setup.

Andy_Hazza
10-04-15, 06:08
Also invest in good quality surge protectors!!

Fuzzy
10-04-15, 09:54
I don't really think it's static :D One of the Duo2's didn't respond to the remote, so it was replaced. The replacement Duo2 had a faulty tuner, so at least I only had to return the tuner in that case :) God knows what happened to the Solo2's main board though :confused:

DaMacFunkin
10-04-15, 10:37
I would Defo be checking your feeds for shorts or maybe change your lnb

Fuzzy
10-04-15, 11:49
I would Defo be checking your feeds for shorts or maybe change your lnb

Ta for the suggestion but it's happened in two different houses :) Will invest in some sort of surge protector though, can't do any harm...