PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Picture Quality

pellonet
26-03-15, 17:04
I am fairly new here so bear with me if any protocols are breached ;)
I have been the happy owner of my Duo2 for just over a week now (purchased from sponsor), it a arrived as requested with the OEM image & after looking around at the options, I decided on the Apollo 153 (the latest one available at the time).
It was OK & soon 155 was available so I USB re-flashed that, I noticed that the TV picture was deteriorated, I was going to roll-back when I saw 157 was up so I tried that & what a difference, pin-sharp picture, very fast & exemplary transcoding to my mate in Thailand.
All too soon I saw 160 on the list so decided to give that a try & to my disappointment, the TV picture was again deteriorated, fortunately I had created a full backup & returned to 157 with everything going back to excellent again, I added the ViXBMC-1080 skin with the recommended OCRAM picons & the whole setup is really impressive.
So, the question is; would there be any obvious reason why the different revisions may have different TV image quality results?

john doe
26-03-15, 17:47
there was a post on here some couple of days ago about blur picture. there maybe something on thier.

bbbuk
26-03-15, 18:29
Are you referring to a blurred type quality issue?

If so this was, apparently, fixed by VU+ in their latest drivers but i'm beginning to wonder if it has fixed issue at all !

john doe
26-03-15, 18:50
thats the one. never looked at the whole thread through. no one else looks like they are having this issue, otherwise they would have posted. maybe try a fresh flash and make sure you backupo

pellonet
26-03-15, 19:03
Are you referring to a blurred type quality issue?

If so this was, apparently, fixed by VU+ in their latest drivers but i'm beginning to wonder if it has fixed issue at all !

System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
Distro: openvix
Firmware version: Apollo.157
Driver date: 20150317
Kernel version: 3.13.5
Gui version: 2015-03-22

No, it is the broadcast picture I meant, I use BBC1 HD as a comparison & the deteriorated ones are slightly noisy blurry & over saturated & it is to a degree that I would not have noticed unless I had experienced the superior performance of 157.

Andy_Hazza
27-03-15, 01:20
Have you fresh flashed as that was Advised?

pellonet
29-03-15, 03:11
Have you fresh flashed as that was Advised?
Yes, until I get a a complete setup/config that is my target setup then all my image changes being are done by USB flashing.

Larry-G
29-03-15, 07:32
There is nothing in the image that can affect picture quality, this is handled by the hardware drivers as provided by the manufacturer.