PDA

View Full Version : Flashing icon on front display of box

Bazzer
26-03-15, 14:50
Hi
I have a Mutant HD2400 and have a flashing icon on the front display of the box it's like a circle with a dot in the middle and keeps flashing. Anyone have any idea how I get rid of this please.

Andy_Hazza
26-03-15, 14:57
Does that indicate it has a software update? Or a recording is in progress?

Bazzer
26-03-15, 15:17
Nothing set to record Andy and I have the latest update 157

Larry-G
26-03-15, 15:20
Nothing set to record Andy and I have the latest update 157

It's the update icon, and the latest image is currently build 160.

Bazzer
26-03-15, 15:27
Thanks Pheonix seen it now I only updated other day it's fine now after I updated and thanks Andy

Bazzer
26-03-15, 15:29
Learn something new every day :D

Larry-G
26-03-15, 15:30
Thanks Pheonix seen it now I only updated other day it's fine now after I updated and thanks Andy

The ViX image has been under a constant state of development for it's entire life cycle (almost 4 years now) so it's not unusual to have three or four updates in a week at times.

Bazzer
26-03-15, 15:36
Yep understand m8 appreciate the help :thumbsup:

Cosmic Truth
03-04-15, 12:18
The ViX image has been under a constant state of development for it's entire life cycle (almost 4 years now) so it's not unusual to have three or four updates in a week at times.

If your receiver is working well, would it be better not to update it, or is it always advisable to update it? I'm not good with computers, and I'd just like a receiver that works without any problems.

Larry-G
03-04-15, 15:49
The choice is entirely yours but there is a backup feature built rite into the image by default so even if something does go wrong with a update, you only need to restore your backup and you will be up and running again in a few short minutes.

Cosmic Truth
03-04-15, 16:35
The choice is entirely yours but there is a backup feature built rite into the image by default so even if something does go wrong with a update, you only need to restore your backup and you will be up and running again in a few short minutes.

Thanks for the info mate. :thumbsup: