PDA

View Full Version : picons not showing

hammyboy
25-03-15, 23:10
hi
i have a new duo2 with 2 x dvb/c/t2 tuners connected to vm and im having lots of fun setting it up as i also have a solo2 which i have now re-located to another room as a second box.

im running vix 156 (fresh flash) and default vix night hd skin.

i cannot seem to get the picons to show.

i have downloaded tv-ocram-hd-bule-black from the feeds and these are in a folder named 'picon' in root when i ftp to the box.

does this folder need to go somewhere else?

are these picons able to be used on the duo 2?

i have also changed menu>setup>system>channel selections>show picons in service list>yes but they dont show at all.

apologies if im missing something obvious
h

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 23:36
Please confirm you have restarted the receiver?

Are all channels not showing picons or just on a particular satellite?

hammyboy
25-03-15, 23:40
sorry forgot to mention i re-started the reciever several times but not sat i have 2 cable tuners?
are the picons satellite only?

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 23:48
The UK cable references were only added a couple of days ago (Pure areas not yet added). There are some ipks of Ocram's sets on the Vix download site which includes them.

Alternatively, you can us the SNP versions which will work in all areas, (might be a few channels missing).

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 23:59
Separate thing. If your aerial is working, can you see if you can assist with this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42301-ABM-Terrestrial-HD-%28UK%29-User-input-required&p=328114&viewfull=1#post328114

hammyboy
26-03-15, 00:25
thanks for the input re-picons i have downloaded the ocram snp ipk and installed on root and they are working though im not sure whether they need to be on either usb or hdd?

as for as your request for assistance in the last post i will have a look and see if i can give any input.
at the moment i have both tuners set up as dvb/c for recording purposes ansd as far as i know tou need to change the tuner config to terrestrial then scan.
im sure i could do this and change it back again as i do have an aerial feed into my freeview hd tv though i never watch this but its there lol
h

abu baniaz
26-03-15, 00:38
Best to have the picons on a storage device that has no moving parts.

Perefernace in following order
Internal flash memory: Gets wiped on image flash. But is fastest
USB flash drive: Wont get wiped on image installs. No moving parts.
Physical HDD. Won't get wiped on image flashes. However, HDD has to spin up to lload teh picons. Unless you have automatic time shift.

Larry-G
26-03-15, 06:21
Physical HDD. Won't get wiped on image flashes. However, HDD has to spin up to lload teh picons. Unless you have automatic time shift.

This setup as Abu suggests is the least favourable option and can increase the zap time to 5 seconds or more as the HDD has to spin up every time you so much as pull up the info bar.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

hammyboy
26-03-15, 09:12
ok thanks guys
i think i will leave the picons in flash then as the duo2 has plenty.
i can see in menu>information>memory reports:
flash
total: 862.3m
free: 734.3m

Andy_Hazza
26-03-15, 09:36
With you having cable and a Vu+ Duo2 receiver take a look at the MK picons, they look the dogs bolloxs on the LCD colour screen!!

Andy_Hazza
26-03-15, 09:38
Yeah Duo2/Mut@nt HD2400 and even the Vu+ Solo2 have plenty flash memory to store picons. [emoji106]

hammyboy
26-03-15, 11:17
With you having cable and a Vu+ Duo2 receiver take a look at the MK picons, they look the dogs bolloxs on the LCD colour screen!!
I'll have a look tonight m8 when I get home from work
Thanks
H

hammyboy
26-03-15, 22:42
i have the mk picons on screen and they do look good but i cant immediately see how to get them on the lcd?
the duo2 lcd is completely new to me.
h

buz
01-04-15, 14:25
Having same issue. I have the mk Picons in share/enigma2/picon. They work fine in epg and info bar but cannot get them to show on lcd screen

Sicilian
01-04-15, 18:28
Having same issue. I have the mk Picons in share/enigma2/picon. They work fine in epg and info bar but cannot get them to show on lcd screen

You need to change in LCD4Linux setup. Menu > Setup > System > Front Display Panel > LCD4Linux.

buz
01-04-15, 20:08
What should the settings be though in lcd4linux. I have changed the path to where they are but still don't show

buz
01-04-15, 20:14
Or do snp Picons not work on vu duo 2 lcd?

pac2000
01-04-15, 20:24
I Haven't Got A Duo2, I've Got The Quad+, But I Install The OE-A_LCDskin_5 From 'Display' In The Plugins... Set The LCD Skin In Front Panel Display(Settings), And It Works With Both SNP And Ref Picons...

Wolfie
04-05-15, 14:04
I see a lot of people are having problems getting the picons to show on the LCD screen even when the path and all settings are correct. I came across the same issue the other day, but it appears the LCD will only show picons using the reference naming convention.
When I put ones named as the channel they will shown everywhere accept on the LCD hope this helps some.

bellejt
04-05-15, 17:10
picons on LCD work only with reference named picons.On VU duo2 you can easely puth them in root directory (flash memory).I have my my LCD picons in /LCD4picon and picons EPG in /picon.

Wolfie
04-05-15, 18:05
I see alot of people with this issue so I am guessing they have the wrong picons so was just just trying to help them ;)

hammyboy
08-05-15, 13:33
sorry to jump in but maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong in that I cannot get the picons to display on the lcd.
I have a duo2 and have downloaded the mk picons 400 x 240 uk (snp) 29th april from the feeds to root in folder called picon and they display on the info bar and channel list etc but I cannot seem to work out how to activate them in the display lcd4 Linux setup.

I have attached a photo of the menu page where I suspect picon needs to be activated but admit I am lost as to how to get them to display.

picon is set to screen 1 and the path is /picon/

abu baniaz
08-05-15, 14:22
Lcd4linux has not been coded to work with SNPs. An email to the plugin author bounced.

There are conventional picons on openvix.co.uk

pac2000
08-05-15, 17:50
Abu, Does The Duo2 Need To Use LCD4Linux, And Is It Installed As Standard On The Duo2??? The Reason I Ask Is, I Have No Problem What So Ever Showing SNPs On My Quad+ LCD's... I Just Use The Display Skin OE-A 5...

I Know LCD4Linux Has A Lot More Options, But If You Want To Simply Fill The LCD With The Current Channel Picon, And Have SNP Picons, The Display Skin OE-A 5 Is The Best Option... Can This Not Be Done On The Duo2???

abu baniaz
08-05-15, 17:58
One is LCD, the other is the front display panel. Duo 2 has both.

I don't have a duo2, but suspect that if somone changes the Front Display Panel skin, it should work as you have mentioned. It does on my LX3, but looks very poor.

bellejt
08-05-15, 18:05
I have duo2 and filling the LCD4 with a picon is simple.Changing can be done by webif.But for now the picon needs to be channel referenced.
Also the VFD can be changed but that is much more difficult.

pac2000
08-05-15, 19:15
Thanks Abu, That Explains A Lot...

psionguy
09-05-15, 10:21
As a point of interest, LCD4Linux has had numerous upgrades by the author, I think the current version is now 4.5.

bellejt
09-05-15, 10:25
latest I have her is 4.5 r2

psionguy
09-05-15, 15:11
Yes that is the latest, and it is now included in the new Hades image. What Picon set are you using, playing around with a few with mixed results.

bellejt
09-05-15, 15:41
I have 2 sets : for EPG I have golden nuggets with own adaptation and for LCD4 I have another set with white background.