PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Zero advice

Murney
25-03-15, 22:26
Looking at getting this box for a friend, he currently has a Skybox F5 which is very clunky and I keep having to go round to put on new channel lists !!!
He only needs a single tuner so I thought the above would be ideal with Vix team image.

I've not used any sat receivers before with custom firmware so I have a few questions.
I've seen Sky UK themes for Vix images will this run properly on this box? Also EPG + Auto channel list updates ?

Thanks

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 22:45
ABM creates/updates channel lists on all receivers running OpenPLI/Openvix

The Vu Zero will handle EPG/plugins/skin fine. You will need a storage device for the data.

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 22:59
A USB stick will be suffice for EPG data to be stored and if he requires a pause live TV functionality (timeshift) the USB stick will be good also. Obviously the bigger the stick the better!! :thumbsup:

afterburn
25-03-15, 23:26
I have one of these bought from the sponsor and I have to say it's a fantastic Box. Boots super fast and runs all plugins smoothly. Its tiny though. It really is. But it's huge in performance. Get it!:lifting:

chaser
26-03-15, 09:22
Great little box. I used it to replace a skybox M3, which sat behind the TV on our kitchen wall. It's slightly larger than the skybox M3 (not sure about the F5), but still sits comfortably behind the TV. The remote IR sensor, and the ability to install Vix (with associated EPG / ABM & YouVix skin) is what sold it for me. There is another similar E2 box come to the market since then. I'm pretty sure it's also sold by the sponsor and is supported by Vix team, but I don't have any experience of that box to give any recommendation.

Andy_Hazza
26-03-15, 09:32
Great little box. I used it to replace a skybox M3, which sat behind the TV on our kitchen wall. It's slightly larger than the skybox M3 (not sure about the F5), but still sits comfortably behind the TV. The remote IR sensor, and the ability to install Vix (with associated EPG / ABM & YouVix skin) is what sold it for me. There is another similar E2 box come to the market since then. I'm pretty sure it's also sold by the sponsor and is supported by Vix team, but I don't have any experience of that box to give any recommendation.

Yeah the Technomate Nano-SE is the other option, same spec box with aluminium brush metal look whereas the Vu+ Zero is plastic. I have set both receivers up for friends and are both cracking boxes, little but packs a punch they do!!
I prefer the Vu+ remote, but the Technomate Nano-SE is a nice looker with the brush metal effect, but both same spec boxes so down to personal preference when purchasing. [emoji106]

Murney
07-06-15, 16:35
Thanks for all your advice. Got the Vu+ Zero setup for a friend with a USB hdd all been working well for the last 2/3 months.
Now it's time to sort a decent box out for myself, but I have a few questions.

Can I record directly to an SMB share on my server ?
Also thinking about long term and maybe skip the zero and get a Solo 2 and make use of the twin tuner.
(Have a mini pc / android box's around the house running Kodi) so thinking about live TV to them ?

john doe
07-06-15, 17:15
i bought a zero about 3 months back and its a cracking little box. I bought this as a zapping box only and also for me to view movies from my solo2 HDD via NFS which works fine, but recently cocked up on me and took a bit of fiddling to get it setup again and touch wood, seems to be ok. I know wish I got another solo2 due to the HDD and able to ftp direct to HDD. although I do have a usb stick mounted for epg/picons. am now waiting till autumn to see what new receives come out before I go ahead and buy new receiver.

think hard before making the purchase. plus the solo2 from the sponsor is now £209

xymaxpayne32
30-07-15, 19:23
Yes this box is great....
you can download the latest image from this site. It has 7 day epg and is easy to update bouquets, it only takes about a50 seconds or so.
The channel list is very easy to do Menu-Setup-Service Searching-AutoBouquetsMaker....

john doe
30-07-15, 19:29
top single tuner box. I use a 500GB HDD and docking station on it for movie transfer, plugin and the rest

Murney
22-08-15, 18:47
Just an update...

Got the vu zero for myself, great little box. Was going to wait for the Solo2 4k box to release and get that or the Solo2.
Friend of mine wants my zero when I upgrade. Is there a way of doing a 1:1 backup image or something that will just backup my settings so I've not got to mess about with my new box?

john doe
22-08-15, 19:16
if you press blue button, press vix and backup manager and image manager. these are saved onto HDD or usb then can trasfer