PDA

View Full Version : rf loop out to antenna cable onto a TV???

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:07
Ok this is difficult question to word.

Basically i have ordered the xtrend 10000 with 2 satellite tuners and 2 cable tuners.
The cables are in my room on the second floor where the box will live. I will receive HD channels via the cable feeds.
I will loop tuner c to tuner d so that i can watch 1 cable channel and record another.
My question is:

Is it possible to loop the signal out from tuner d and into my tv downstairs. This is because we do not have HD downstairs and on weekends, we like to watch the football all together in the living room.
My tv is a sony lcd tv with an antenna in cable port. So if i connect an RF extension cable or something from tuner D from my box upstairs and connect it to the antenna cable into the downstairs tv, will that mean the signal will be displayed downstairs and we can all watch downstairs.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks

Peterj
25-03-15, 21:11
Yes. That is possible.
have a look at this thread:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44287-using-both-cable-tuners/page5

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:15
Yes. That is possible.
have a look at this thread:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44287-using-both-cable-tuners/page5

hmm so i basically just need a long 20m Premium TV Aerial / UHF / RF / Freeview Coax Extension Cable

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-Premium-Aerial-Freeview-Extension-Grey/dp/B0033QSQRC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MHPJVMZVNJ6QAMHJ0JN#customerReviews

Will something like this work?

Thanks

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 21:16
Loop out = sends same signal as what is coming in.

If you want to watch the same channel as what is on the box by using an RF cable, you must ensure that you have an rf modulator on your device. (Andy_Hazza will be here to say that this poor in a minute :p) I dont think those tuners have this.

If you have an E2 reciver downstairs, you can use the RemoteChannelStreamConverter plugin.

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 21:22
Go for the HDMI extender over cat5/6, f**k RF out mate. You will get proper HD quality too instead of the shitty signal RF will send!!

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 21:23

If you want to watch the same channel as what is on the box by using an RF cable, you must ensure that you have an rf modulator on your device. (Andy_Hazza will be here to say that this poor in a minute :p) I dont think those tuners have this.

If you have an E2 reciver downstairs, you can use the RemoteChannelStreamConverter plugin.

pmsl, it is piss poor quality............. [emoji14] lol
I like you Abu. Chuckles!!

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:23

hmmm

Well i do not exactly know what type of loop the cable tuners will have with the xtrend 100000.?

But i woudnt mind leaving the box on upstairs if that is what is needed in order to send the signal downstairs. So i will have to get an RF modulator. Can you fit this on boxes? Where would i get it from?
Also, i do not have an enigma 2 receiver downstairs. Just some rubbish f3 box.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:24
Go for the HDMI extender over cat5/6, f**k RF out mate. You will get proper HD quality too instead of the shitty signal RF will send!!

hmm
But that will mean i have to keep removing the HDMI cables from my box and the one downstairs whenever we want to do that. The problem is my TV downstairs only has two ports.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:25

oh so RF loop out cables can not carry HD signal?

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 21:25
No get an HDMI splitter buddy. [emoji106]

Peterj
25-03-15, 21:26
hmm so i basically just need a long 20m Premium TV Aerial / UHF / RF / Freeview Coax Extension Cable

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-Premium-Aerial-Freeview-Extension-Grey/dp/B0033QSQRC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MHPJVMZVNJ6QAMHJ0JN#customerReviews

Will something like this work?

Thanks

This can work.
Personally I think this is very expensive cable.
I mostly make my own. 1,00 euro /m and 2 good connectors 4,50 euro each.

Ohh, I understand you don't want to use the dvb-c tuner on the TV set?
That's not what I suggest.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:29
This can work.
Personally I think this is very expensive cable.
I mostly make my own. 1,00 euro /m and 2 good connectors 4,50 euro each.

Well i would like to believe it would work. I do not care about the price that much but i am just hoping it will actually carry the signal well and in HD too. Using a splitter is a bit tricky and i remember buying one for the downstairs tv and it didnt work properly.

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 21:29
oh so RF loop out cables can not carry HD signal?

No HD signal bud using RF out. These are what you need to look at >> http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111450816069 [emoji106]

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:30
No get an HDMI splitter buddy. [emoji106]

But splitters are connected to TV's. Not the receiver boxes innit?

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:33
No HD signal bud using RF out. These are what you need to look at >> http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111450816069 [emoji106]

hmm ok thanks for letting me know that. Guess that idea was a flop.
Yh that looks interesting what you posted.
But i have seen on amazon you can get arouund 20m HDMI cables. That should be sufficient length from my room into the living room. If i just connect one end to my box and the other straight into the TV downstairs. Will that work?

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:35

Is there like a really good expensive RF cable that can carry HD signal?

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 21:35
Not 100% sure mate

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 21:38
Is there like a really good expensive RF cable that can carry HD signal?

Cat5/6 cable is the key to HD quality signal with the HDMI extenders, RF just isn't possible to get HD signal. You won't regret going the route I'm advising if you want bang on picture, trust me!!

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:43
Cat5/6 cable is the key to HD quality signal with the HDMI extenders, RF just isn't possible to get HD signal. You won't regret going the route I'm advising if you want bang on picture, trust me!!

hmm
It is just a hassle to take my HDMI cable out from my box and use the other one and do the same thing downstairs everytime we want to watch downstairs. I guess i cannot have it too easy.
I will look into it though. Thanks

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 21:44
How it works is you will have the HDMI splitter in your TV then HDMI cable into your satellite receiver as it is n then a short HDMI cable into the extender then the ethernet cable from the extender to the other extender to the TV you want the picture going to, then that extender plugs into that TV n you get pristine picture quality mate, n you can control the channel using a fone app. Its an ace setup. [emoji106]

Peterj
25-03-15, 21:44
The problem is not the RF cable.
The tuner out only loops the signal of your cable provider. It does not include the signal your E2 receiver is 'showing'.
(not like the old VCR's).
Also, when it does, it's only analog signal. Also when you use a separate RF modulator, it's analog signal. This can never be HD.
HD is only available in digital signal.

Yo can use the tuner out to another E2 box and/or a TV-set with dvb-c tuner.
When you want to see in the other room what's on your E2 box, you need something like HDMI cable, or when you have a Samsung smart tv, you can use Pembo's app.

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 21:49
You can get TM Nano-SE/Vu Zero for £100 mark. You can watch whetever is on occupied tuner or anything free tuner on server box then.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:50
How it works is you will have the HDMI splitter in your TV then HDMI cable into your satellite receiver as it is n then a short HDMI cable into the extender then the ethernet cable from the extender to the other extender to the TV you want the picture going to, then that extender plugs into that TV n you get pristine picture quality mate, n you can control the channel using a fone app. Its an ace setup. [emoji106]

hmm ok that sounds ok. Will look into that. Need a lot of cables for that to work tho.
I do not know why 20m or 50m HDMI cables exist if it would not carry the signal anyway

joysleep1
25-03-15, 21:51
You can get TM Nano-SE/Vu Zero for £100 mark. You can watch whetever is on occupied tuner or anything free tuner on server box then.

Will that work for HD?

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 21:53
It may work mate just using the HDMI cable but they say over 20m the quality starts to degrade, my HDMI extender setup is 60m away so I went that setup with ethernet cable to get best possible quality.

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 21:53
Will that work for HD?
Yes it will. Your devices must be hard wired for tehir network. Wifi may struggle.

Peterj
25-03-15, 21:58
advice:
Get a simple E2 box with dvb-c tuner in it (like vu+ solo se), get that box on your network (wired or wireless, wired preferred) and also loop the coax (RF cable) to that box.
This way you can do it all.
watch cable on that extra box.
watch recording from your main box. (over the network)
watch satellite using the tuners of your main box. (remotechannelconverter)

joysleep1
25-03-15, 22:03
advice:
Get a simple E2 box with dvb-c tuner in it (like vu+ solo se), get that box on your network (wired or wireless, wired preferred) and also loop the coax (RF cable) to that box.
This way you can do it all.
watch cable on that extra box.
watch recording from your main box. (over the network)
watch satellite using the tuners of your main box.

Oh that sounds tempting.
So if i were to get one of the receivers that abu mentioned.
I wire up a cable from my xtrend box into the vu solo or tm. And that will allow me to watch channels providing the main box upstairs has a free tuner.
So basically another box downstairs that can be hooked up permanently and be able to watch any channel the tuner is capable of receiving and making sure that the tuner is not in use.

All this in HD too aswell?

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 22:06
If you use remote channel stream converter, there is no direct link between two receivers. It is done over the network.

Peterj
25-03-15, 22:07
You can use the network to watch what's on the main box or recordings what's on the main box.
When you have a dvb-c tuner in the second box and connected with coax, you can watch cable directly on your second box.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 22:09
The problem is not the RF cable.
The tuner out only loops the signal of your cable provider. It does not include the signal your E2 receiver is 'showing'.
(not like the old VCR's).
Also, when it does, it's only analog signal. Also when you use a separate RF modulator, it's analog signal. This can never be HD.
HD is only available in digital signal.

Yo can use the tuner out to another E2 box and/or a TV-set with dvb-c tuner.
When you want to see in the other room what's on your E2 box, you need something like HDMI cable, or when you have a Samsung smart tv, you can use Pembo's app.

Oh i see where i went wrong. I was thinking the antenna cable was like a DVB-C tuner.
hmm. What if the TV had a DVB-C tuner port built in.

something like this

http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/206796/sony-bravia-kdl-48w605#tab:specifications

Would this mean i can send the signal straight into the TV from my main receiver in my room?

joysleep1
25-03-15, 22:12
You can use the network to watch what's on the main box or recordings what's on the main box.
When you have a dvb-c tuner in the second box and connected with coax, you can watch cable directly on your second box.

oh that seems like a good idea. Would be very useful to. Could you show me what coax cable will do this effectively.

Peterj
25-03-15, 22:14
Oh i see where i went wrong. I was thinking the antenna cable was like a DVB-C tuner.
hmm. What if the TV had a DVB-C tuner port built in.

something like this

http://uk.hardware.info/productinfo/206796/sony-bravia-kdl-48w605#tab:specifications

Would this mean i can send the signal straight into the TV from my main receiver in my room?

yes, the signal as your cable provider delivers. In that case you use your E2 box as a splitter.
Probably you also need a valid subscription card in your TV to watch HD. I don't know if some HD channels are FTA.

Peterj
25-03-15, 22:17
oh that seems like a good idea. Would be very useful to. Could you show me what coax cable will do this effectively.

the one of post #3?

joysleep1
25-03-15, 22:21
yes, the signal as your cable provider delivers. In that case you use your E2 box as a splitter.
Probably you also need a valid subscription card in your TV to watch HD. I don't know if some HD channels are FTA.

But the DBV-C port will only be used to receive the signal from whatever the main box is receiving so it should not need any subscription right?

Peterj
25-03-15, 22:26
But the DBV-C port will only be used to receive the signal from whatever the main box is receiving so it should not need any subscription right?

The channels you can see on your main box without subscription, you also can see on your TV-set.
(I assume a TV-set can tune and search the channels of your cable provider. In the Netherlands it can, I am not familiar with other countries)

joysleep1
25-03-15, 22:27
the one of post #3?

ok that makes more sense now. I think this will be better as it will be more useful. But by having this set up permenantly, this would not effect me upstairs in any way would it?
So someone will be able to control the downstairs enigma 2 receiver and watch any channels even in HD through the DVB-C tuner that has a cable running from the IN port to the rf out port from my xtrend tuner D. Providing that the Tuner D port is not in use right?
If that makes sense lol?

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 22:28
Incorrect. Doing it this way (sharing incoming signal cable) will require decryption by receiver downstairs.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 22:30
The channels you can see on your main box without subscription, you also can see on your TV-set.
(I assume a TV-set can tune and search the channels of your cable provider. In the Netherlands it can, I am not familiar with other countries)

Oh i was assuming that i have a subscription for all channels on my box and was just running a cable into the DVB-C tuner slot and that will display whatever that tuner is playing upstairs.
If that makes sense?

joysleep1
25-03-15, 22:32
Incorrect. Doing it this way (sharing incoming signal cable) will require decryption by receiver downstairs.

But i was talking about the TV having the DVB-C port. Not using any enigma 2 receiver. Unless i am completely missing what a DVB-C port on a television is useful for?

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 22:36
If you loop out, you are just splittng the signal cable that comes in. You wont be able to tune to what the box upstairs is viewing.

There are only a handful of channels you will be able to view.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 22:46
If you loop out, you are just splittng the signal cable that comes in. You wont be able to tune to what the box upstairs is viewing.

There are only a handful of channels you will be able to view.

Oh well i guess there is no point doing that.
I thought if i get a cable running from the rf out port from Tuner D in my room (which has a subscripton to all channels) to a DVB-C tuner into any enigma 2 tuner, i will be able to watch any channel providing that Tuner D in my room is free. That will be useful and worth doing.

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 22:50
You can, but not the way you want to. You dont need a coaxial cable linking the two receiver.

The solution has already been posted. Maybe you missed it. Read the thread again, you want to pay attention to "RCSC" plugin.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 23:01
You can, but not the way you want to. You dont need a coaxial cable linking the two receiver.

The solution has already been posted. Maybe you missed it. Read the thread again, you want to pay attention to "RCSC" plugin.

Yh i saw that but i do not want to do anything with streaming. It also means that the signal would not be live. A few seconds behind.
I was hoping the coaxial cable between the two receivers would do the trick and would work flawlessly.
Thanks for the support tho
I might look into the HDMI extender

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 23:04
Best you borrow a receiver from someone and test RCSC. There wasn't any lag when I last tested it.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 23:11
Best you borrow a receiver from someone and test RCSC. There wasn't any lag when I last tested it.

Hmm ok I have a vu duo upstairs in my brothers room. Does it have to be an enigma 2 receiver?

Andy_Hazza
25-03-15, 23:23
Duo is an enigma 2 receiver.
You do know you will go with the HDMI extenders...... Eventually!!! lol

joysleep1
25-03-15, 23:26
Duo is an enigma 2 receiver.
You do know you will go with the HDMI extenders...... Eventually!!! lol

Well the HDMI is probably the best but is limited in that when we do want to watch the football downstairs, my box upstairs is occupied the whole time. Wander if the HDMI in function on the xtrend will be useful in anyway?

judge
25-03-15, 23:34
Probably about 1 second delay here using RCSV over homeplugs, works flawlessly though.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 23:47
Probably about 1 second delay here using RCSV over homeplugs, works flawlessly though.

hmm really?

So with this plug in, you can use the remote to watch any channels through the main receiver. How does the channel list work and is there a long delay between changing channels?
Also, i have zyxel 500mbs homeplugs. That fast enough?

abu baniaz
25-03-15, 23:50
When you install the plugin on the client receiver. You select the server receiver and which bouquets to import. They will be just like the bouquets on your receiver in terms of how you select chanenls etc.

joysleep1
25-03-15, 23:57
When you install the plugin on the client receiver. You select the server receiver and which bouquets to import. They will be just like the bouquets on your receiver in terms of how you select chanenls etc.

hmm ok will definitely look into it. Is my homeplug speed sufficient for HD?

joysleep1
26-03-15, 00:07

so when you say this peter and if it is done this way, all cable channels can been viewed on the second box providing the main receiver can ??

electrocop
26-03-15, 00:57
Using the co-ax from the loop out of one receiver to a DVB-C tuner in a second receiver would be like another tuner loop-out connection as previously discussed in one of your other threads. The second receiver would then be able to tune independently to all available cable channels. You would of course need a valid viewing card for the second receiver if you want to watch premium channels.

judge
26-03-15, 01:03
hmm really?

So with this plug in, you can use the remote to watch any channels through the main receiver. How does the channel list work and is there a long delay between changing channels?
Also, i have zyxel 500mbs homeplugs. That fast enough?

Yes, those plugs should be fast enough.
The remote on the local receiver works using the RCSV created bouquets.
No major delays in changing channels, maybe up to a second for live TV.

joysleep1
26-03-15, 08:19
Yes, those plugs should be fast enough.
The remote on the local receiver works using the RCSV created bouquets.
No major delays in changing channels, maybe up to a second for live TV.

Oh thanks judge.
I'll give that a go. So with the remote steaming option. It is only using the home network to receive the signal. So it's just the wifi that's needed. Does the receiver on the other end have to have a cable tuner if you want to stream a cable channel from the main receiver?

joysleep1
26-03-15, 09:37
When i meant Wifi. I mean home network. I do not plan on using usb wifi sticks. But i think i may have a problem with the upstairs homeplug because that is connected to an extension outlet. This will drop the bandwith speed. I have not tested how much i get on there with speedtest.net but i do not thing i will get my 72mb down and 18mb upload. What would be the sufficient bandwidth to stream HD or play HD recordings?

Andy_Hazza
26-03-15, 09:41
8mb onwards would be suffice mate, you'll get that with your homeplugs or better still get ethernet cable drill out down outside wall n drill back in to where your receiver will be, hard wired all the way!!!

joysleep1
26-03-15, 10:09
8mb onwards would be suffice mate, you'll get that with your homeplugs or better still get ethernet cable drill out down outside wall n drill back in to where your receiver will be, hard wired all the way!!!

Yh i was thinking about getting some wiring done to get a a cat 6 eithernet cable outfrom my room going through my parents room, outside the window and going into the loft window. But i do not know how durable these cables are outdoors and if they are waterproof. ?

Andy_Hazza
26-03-15, 10:13
They durable mate, withstand most weathers we encounter here in the UK, I have had mine done a good 5 years now n still looking good visibly tbh.
Just check where you buy from n make sure its a good quality one n all will be good buddy. [emoji106]

joysleep1
26-03-15, 13:55
They durable mate, withstand most weathers we encounter here in the UK, I have had mine done a good 5 years now n still looking good visibly tbh.
Just check where you buy from n make sure its a good quality one n all will be good buddy. [emoji106]

hmm yh thinking about it. Depends on what speeds the homeplug can sustain. My xtrend box has arrived today. Can not wait to get it set up. I also want to try this remote stream converter thing.

joysleep1
26-03-15, 13:56
Using the co-ax from the loop out of one receiver to a DVB-C tuner in a second receiver would be like another tuner loop-out connection as previously discussed in one of your other threads. The second receiver would then be able to tune independently to all available cable channels. You would of course need a valid viewing card for the second receiver if you want to watch premium channels.

Oh i was just hoping that doing this will just relay the singal and the 2nd receiver would be able to feed of the main receiver and watch all the channels the main one can.
This is interesting tho. I wander if by doing this tho, if the signal will drop too much

electrocop
26-03-15, 23:15
The only output you'd get from the first receiver is just the cable feed - there is no modulator built in. This is why I stated that you would need a second viewing card for the other receiver to enable you to watch whichever channels you wanted independently of the first receiver.
There is likely to be some drop in signal levels but that would depend primarily the level coming in to the house on your cable feed, and then also on the length of the extension to the second receiver and also on the quality of the cable used and the quality of the terminations. There is no easy answer to that other than to 'suck it and see'.........

joysleep1
27-03-15, 08:41
The only output you'd get from the first receiver is just the cable feed - there is no modulator built in. This is why I stated that you would need a second viewing card for the other receiver to enable you to watch whichever channels you wanted independently of the first receiver.
There is likely to be some drop in signal levels but that would depend primarily the level coming in to the house on your cable feed, and then also on the length of the extension to the second receiver and also on the quality of the cable used and the quality of the terminations. There is no easy answer to that other than to 'suck it and see'.........

Hmm ok Thanks.
I've set up that remote stream convert plug in. Works amazingly.