PDA

View Full Version : Western Digital WD 2TB My Book Essential USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive - Black £91.01

Larry-G
08-12-10, 18:01
http://image.ebuyer.com/UK/w0244504_normal.jpg

Product Description
The Western Digital WDBACW0020HBK My Book Essential 2TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive features high capacity storage with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connectivity for compatibility today and fast speeds for the future. Put your digital life on the high capacity Western Digital USB 3.0 Hard Drive, designed with Western Digital's high quality and reliability and featuring the latest USB 3.0, which lets you access and save files up to 3 times faster than USB 2.0.
Key Features

* Dual USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility: A single drive with universal compatibility today and next-generation speed for tomorrow. Use it with USB 2.0 now and step up to USB 3.0 speed when you’re ready.
* Up to 3x faster transfer rates: When connected to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port the Western Digital My Book Essential USB 3.0 Hard Drive - WDBACW0020HBK-UESN lets you access and save files up to 3 times faster than USB 2.0. Transfer a 2-hour HD movie in just 3 minutes instead of 13 minutes.
* WD quality inside and out: For over 20 years, millions of people worldwide have trusted their data to WD hard drives. They are successful because they understand the importance of your data and our first concern is keeping that data safe.
* WD SmartWare software: You're in control of your backup. Install all the features, select just the components you need, or if you prefer, choose not to use the software at all.
* Automatic, continuous backup: Works quietly in the background to protect your data using minimal PC resources. Whenever you add or change a file it’s instantly backed up on the Western Digital My Book Essential 2TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive - WDBACW0020HBK-UESN.
* Password protection for privacy: Gain peace of mind knowing that your data is protected from unauthorised access with password protection and encryption.
* Planet friendly: We designed a small box to minimise waste and used recycled material. We encourage you to recycle it.

Backwards Compatible with USB 2.0
The good news is that the WD WDBACW0020HBK My Book Essential USB 3.0 External Hard Drive has been carefully planned from the start to peacefully co-exist with USB 2.0. First of all, while USB 3.0 specifies new physical connections and thus new cables to take advantage of the higher speed capability of the new protocol, the connector itself remains the same rectangular shape with the four USB 2.0 contacts in the exact same location as before.

Western Digital My Book Essential USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Holds:

* Up to 400,000 digital photos
* Up to 500,000 songs (MP3)
* Up to 50,000 songs (uncompressed CD quality)
* Up to 140 hours of Digital Video (DV)
* Up to 850 hours of DVD quality video
* Up to 240 hours of HD video

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/244504?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products

bassethound
08-12-10, 18:03
Great find pheonix

Larry-G
08-12-10, 18:04
it's less than i paid for the 1 gig version 18 months ago lol.

bassethound
08-12-10, 18:06
LoL the USB 3.0 is the big seller for me

Sicilian
10-12-10, 14:36
Just ordered one of these, about time I started backing up my desktop :)